01-27-2013, 01:26 PM
  • texquill
  • Olver Warbucks
  • Richardson - DFW area of Texas
User Info
I've been shaving daily with a Cobra Classic for three years now, and recently had an unusual experience with some Feather Pro blades. I'm not certain whether I bought these particular blades directly from a vendor or if they were part of a purchase from a forum member.

Two "strange" things I experienced upon taking the shrink wrap off the package:
1. The slide dispenser on the pack of blades didn't work properly. I ultimately had to use a metal dentist's pick to work the blade out.
2. The new blade didn't give a satisfactory shave. I ended up with two nicks and several weepers.

I changed over to another pack of blades and haven't had any problems.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? Are there any rumors (or facts) in circulation about counterfeit Feather Professionals?

30 237
 01-27-2013, 01:36 PM
  • slantman
  • Expert Shaver
  • Leesburg, Florida
User Info
Hi Ken,

I have had several packs of Feather Pro blades with a dispenser without any problems getting them out. The shaves were always good.If you think you got a bad pack of blades my suggestion would be to contact the US distributor which happens to be Classic Shaving and tell them about your concerns. You never know they might be able to help you.

100 12,447
 01-27-2013, 01:39 PM
User Info
Did all the blades in the dispenser shave equally bad?
You could have just gotten a bad blade. i have encounter a few with the Feather Pros.

75 20,883
 01-27-2013, 01:51 PM
  • texquill
  • Olver Warbucks
User Info
(01-27-2013, 01:36 PM)slantman Wrote: If you think you got a bad pack of blades my suggestion would be to contact the US distributor which happens to be Classic Shaving and tell them about your concerns. You never know they might be able to help you.

Since I'm not positive that I purchased this pack retail, I don't want to load the nice folks at Classic Shaving with a problem that might not be theirs!

(01-27-2013, 01:39 PM)celestino Wrote: Did all the blades in the dispenser shave equally bad?
You could have just gotten a bad blade. i have encounter a few with the Feather Pros.
Has anyone ever said to you, "I think this milk has gone bad. Taste it and see if I'm right." ? Biggrin

Using the same logic, I haven't gone back to the "bad" pack of blades. I've been shaving with Feather Professional blades every day for more than three years, and I've never had another problem - either with the blades or with the slide-type dispenser.

30 237
 01-27-2013, 01:55 PM
User Info
Hee hee! Ken, i have tasted the milk when told it was bad unless i could smell it, firstly. Well, it is up to you, but it could have been just one bad blade. Good luck.

75 20,883
 01-27-2013, 02:30 PM
  • slantman
  • Expert Shaver
  • Leesburg, Florida
User Info
If the dispenser is bad when you took out a blade without sliding it with the key the edge could have gotten ruined. Edges get messed up real easy. Try another blade and be very careful removing it.

100 12,447
 01-27-2013, 04:31 PM
  • texquill
  • Olver Warbucks
User Info
Excellent point - thanks!

30 237
 01-27-2013, 09:20 PM
  • Snuff
  • Belgium
User Info
I've had packs where there was a bad blade or two in it but never a whole pack so there are probably some good ones left in there. A defective slide dispenser is something I encountered several times also.

27 1,297