01-27-2013, 07:28 PM
User Info
As I've mentioned previously I am trying every cream Shaveabuck has to offer, along with 2 AS splashes. I started with Herbs of Bulgaria Lavender and was thoroughly impressed.

Today's shave:

Gillette LC New
Astra SP (2)
Omega Pro 49

Herbs of Bulgaria - Rose cream
Herbs of Bulgaria - Rose AS splash

This cream contains actual Rose water...that is Rose distillate. The rose scent is quite natural and pleasant. It also contains Allantoin and Menthol (like the Lavender cream). The performance is well on up there doing as well as creams made in England. I was really pleased!

However, I have to say, I did not feel any menthol cooling effect with the cream alone. I wasn't expecting it and didn't even know it contained Menthol until I read the ingredients. So, no biggie. Still a winner.

Once again, I have to say that the real standout in this combo was the After Shave. WOW! This stuff is fantastic too! It also contains real Rose distillate (Rose water) and has an intoxicating scent that is perfect. I've tried a lot of Rose scented shaving items and they all smell sickly sweet to me....except Trumper's cream (which is also really good).

The splash has glycerin in it too so my skin feels great. Oh, and did I forget to mention the Menthol? While I couldn't feel the Menthol ingredient in the Cream the After Shave splash hit's you with it like a truck! 30 minutes later while writing this I can still feel it on my face.

I would highly recommend these products, fellas. Try them out for yourself. You won't be disappointed.

1 283
 01-27-2013, 10:08 PM
User Info
I have both and absolutely love them.

8 279
 01-27-2013, 10:29 PM
  • Songwind
  • Soap Slinger & Scuttle Pusher
  • Burnsville, MN
User Info
Shave A Buck is dangerous for just this reason. "Oh, that's not too expensive." "That's downright cheap." "Never tried anything from Tajikistan." Next thing you know your cart is at $85 and full of creams you have nowhere to store. Smile

10 1,858
 01-28-2013, 12:18 AM
User Info
I also tried my first shave soap from Bulgaria last week. Rose of Bulgaria shave cream. This also was made with rose water. It was a very pleasant surprise. The rose fragrance was very pleasing and the soap worked well.

5 410
 01-31-2013, 05:26 AM
  • ben74
  • Administrator
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
I've only ever read positive reviews for the Rose of Bulgaria SC, guess I should try some for myself...

91 17,848
 02-02-2013, 05:42 AM
  • JAYDEE
  • Israeli Ambassador
  • Montreal, Canada
User Info
As I stated in the past, I have only positive comments about the Rose of Bulgaria cream. Except for the scent. I hate it.

3 2,562