01-28-2013, 12:00 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
http://www.caswellmassey.com/men-shave-products.aspx

I wonder if they have been reformulated for better...At least , they have a better look now.

86 7,123
 01-28-2013, 12:15 PM
User Info
Mark (Mantic59) used the sandalwood cream and balm this morning, I think. I don't think he's given his opinions yet, though. I hope his experience with the new was better than mine with the old...

2 362
 01-28-2013, 12:18 PM
  • mantic59
  • Unregistered
User Info
[Image: 28c3b5w.jpg]
They have indeed reformulated. By coincidence I ordered some recently and it came in over the weekend so I tried it this morning (SOTD Caswell-Massey Sandalwood, Crabtree & Evelyn brush, Merkur Progress w/IP blade, Ursa Major toner, CM sandalwood A/S). Previous shaves with CM products (several years ago) can charitably described as ghastly. But they've apparently learned their lesson: the shave was quite acceptable, with good cushion and lubrication. Scent was very mild. Aftershave balm wasn't quite on par with top-shelf products but certainly decent. I'm going to shave with it a few more times then probably do a review of it on my blog.

01-28-2013, 12:24 PM
User Info
Speak of the devil... Biggrin

2 362
 01-28-2013, 01:03 PM
  • Songwind
  • Soap Slinger & Scuttle Pusher
  • Burnsville, MN
User Info
I look forward to reading about it.

10 1,858
 01-28-2013, 01:10 PM
  • slantman
  • Expert Shaver
  • Leesburg, Florida
User Info
Thank you Teiste for the post and Mark for the mini review. I see Mark is still using his good old Progress.

100 12,438
 01-28-2013, 01:50 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
(01-28-2013, 12:18 PM)mantic59 Wrote: [Image: 28c3b5w.jpg]
They have indeed reformulated. By coincidence I ordered some recently and it came in over the weekend so I tried it this morning (SOTD Caswell-Massey Sandalwood, Crabtree & Evelyn brush, Merkur Progress w/IP blade, Ursa Major toner, CM sandalwood A/S). Previous shaves with CM products (several years ago) can charitably described as ghastly. But they've apparently learned their lesson: the shave was quite acceptable, with good cushion and lubrication. Scent was very mild. Aftershave balm wasn't quite on par with top-shelf products but certainly decent. I'm going to shave with it a few more times then probably do a review of it on my blog.

Master , could you please post the ingredients of the cream and the balm?
Thank you so much for your inputs about those products , my friend.Looking forward to read more of your impressions about them.
There is hope for the new C&M shaving soaps to be capable of making stable lather , then.

86 7,123
 01-28-2013, 01:54 PM
  • mantic59
  • Unregistered
User Info
(01-28-2013, 01:50 PM)Teiste Wrote: Master , could you please post the ingredients of the cream and the balm?
Thank you so much for your inputs about those products , my friend.Looking forward to read more of your impressions about them.
There is hope for the new C&M shaving soaps to be capable of making stable lather , then.
I will be happy to post them when I get home this evening.

01-28-2013, 02:28 PM
User Info
(01-28-2013, 12:18 PM)mantic59 Wrote: [Image: 28c3b5w.jpg]

Are the scents similar to the original? Even though the performance was horrible, I really enjoyed the sandalwood and almond scents of the old CM products.

I still have some of the old stuff that I can't throw away just because I like to smell it every once in a while even though I don't shave with it Smile

8 115
 01-28-2013, 02:44 PM
  • mantic59
  • Unregistered
User Info
(01-28-2013, 02:28 PM)norm Wrote: Are the scents similar to the original? Even though the performance was horrible, I really enjoyed the sandalwood and almond scents of the old CM products.

I still have some of the old stuff that I can't throw away just because I like to smell it every once in a while even though I don't shave with it Smile
Sorry, I never tried the original sandalwood.

01-28-2013, 02:52 PM
User Info
Looks interesting, for sure. Finally, Caswell-Massey comes up wit good shaving products.
Let's hope they get a better distribution channel on this side of the pond!

P.S.: Long live the Progress! Smile

2 5,527
 01-28-2013, 03:09 PM
User Info
(01-28-2013, 02:44 PM)mantic59 Wrote:
(01-28-2013, 02:28 PM)norm Wrote: Are the scents similar to the original? Even though the performance was horrible, I really enjoyed the sandalwood and almond scents of the old CM products.

Sorry, I never tried the original sandalwood.

I guess I'd better try the new stuff then...for science.

8 115
 01-28-2013, 03:39 PM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
The packaging looks a lot like Art of Shaving. Does P&G have anything to do with them?

And Teiste, anyone that lives between Snook and North Zulch, TX is not called master.Biggrin

173 23,499
 01-28-2013, 07:05 PM
  • mantic59
  • Unregistered
User Info
Sandalwood shave cream ingredients (somewhat paraphrased): Aqua (water), myristic acid, glycerin, coconut oil, stearic acid, triethanolamine, potassium hydroxide, matricaria flower extract, thyme extract, allantoin, lecithin, vitamin E, vitamin A, hydroxyethylcellulose, aloe leaf, phenoxyethanol, ethylhexglycerin, sandalwood oil, sandalwood fragrance.

01-28-2013, 08:45 PM
  • Songwind
  • Soap Slinger & Scuttle Pusher
  • Burnsville, MN
User Info
(01-28-2013, 03:39 PM)Johnny Wrote: The packaging looks a lot like Art of Shaving. Does P&G have anything to do with them?

And Teiste, anyone that lives between Snook and North Zulch, TX is not called master.Biggrin

I wondered that exact same thing.

10 1,858
 01-28-2013, 10:49 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
(01-28-2013, 07:05 PM)mantic59 Wrote: Sandalwood shave cream ingredients (somewhat paraphrased): Aqua (water), myristic acid, glycerin, coconut oil, stearic acid, triethanolamine, potassium hydroxide, matricaria flower extract, thyme extract, allantoin, lecithin, vitamin E, vitamin A, hydroxyethylcellulose, aloe leaf, phenoxyethanol, ethylhexglycerin, sandalwood oil, sandalwood fragrance.

Thank you , Mark !

86 7,123
 04-27-2014, 09:40 AM
  • Andrew
  • Austin, TX
User Info
I saw the new line of CM products at a local shop, and I'm wondering if anyone has experience with the new formulation of soap?

43 1,690