01-29-2013, 07:05 AM
User Info
Here's one now, looks butterscotch to me .. Bottom says
'Sterilized'
'Home Products Stanley Westfield Mass', then
'Badger and Bristle'

i was able to pop the old knot right out without any fuss. Solid inside, cut into it a little bit (inside) to try to see how 'hard' it was. So if you want to put a new knot in deeper than existing 6mm or so you'll need a dremel type tool. Opening is 22 mm wide without it being widened at all since pulling knot.
42 mm tall x 30 mm wide at base. Holder is 77 mm tall.

All i've really done was wash it well and pull the old knot out. Has some nice marble effect going for it, I like it but have too much going on now and would rather someone that'll put the effort into it take it. $15 CONUS or $12+actual shipping? Will take trade or other offers if that seems unreasonable but you're interested...

[Image: hvqJP1Wl.jpg]
[Image: MRpyk8sl.jpg]
[Image: 0FMbO9kl.jpg]
[Image: qI3kI6bl.jpg]

Second brush. Ever Ready 100T. Handle is in decent shape. Just cleaned it up, never polished it at all. Has a 22mm WD black badger knot, however this knot is a bad shedder. I'm talking 2-3 or more hairs a shave. WD made it right and i was going to re-do this one over again but again, just not something i want to spend time on right now. So I don't recommend using the knot.

$10 or $8 plus actual shipping
[Image: TIMObYRl.jpg]
[Image: RDlBIavl.jpg]

11 183
 01-29-2013, 08:15 AM
User Info
I should add that the 100T was filled with epoxy and pennies.. if i was to do this over I would probably dig into the existing epoxy a little to set the next knot deeper. But whatever floats your boat!

11 183
 01-29-2013, 09:13 AM
  • vferdman
  • Artisan
  • Western Massachusetts
User Info
Interestingly enough, I restored these very two handles recently with Omega boar knots from TGN. The Stanley is a yellowed Bakelite and is a very nice and comfortable handle. Westfield, MA is near where I live, so I was very keen on buying this one at one of the local antique shops.

The ER 100T took some doing to make it more pleasant to hold, but was it ever worth it! It became my go-to boar (Stanley gets used almost as much as they are identical in knots).

GLWTS!

25 1,705
 02-01-2013, 07:33 AM
User Info
Thanks, I actually really like the way you rounded that 100T, i may have to just keep it and do that and pick up a couple knots. I'll have time in a few weeks but just doing a little pre-move clean out of stuff i'm not actively using for anything!

So bump, but if no interest I"ll end up keeping these!

11 183
 02-01-2013, 09:49 AM
  • geezer
  • Menomonie, Western WI
User Info
PM sent on the Stanley.
~Richard

8 1,190
 02-01-2013, 10:12 AM
User Info
Both pending. Thanks guys!

11 183