01-30-2013, 08:11 PM
User Info
This can be meeting someone famous, almost investing in Microsoft back in the 1980's or whatever. What was your close call?

6 323
 01-31-2013, 06:27 AM
User Info
I went to Vegas in 2008. After getting off the plane I took the escalator down to the baggage claim/surface transportation and I almost walked right into Mike Tyson as he was heading towards the taxi line. Hard to mistake the guy with his huge face tattoo.

Later in the day I was playing poker at Caesar's Palace. There was a drunk guy at the table who was going on and on about how he was best friends with Louie Anderson and was going to be backstage at his show and partying with him. The rest of us were all "yeah, whatever" but sure enough a few minutes later Louie walks up to the table to say hi to the guy. Real friendly guy, he hung out and chatted with us for a little bit.

Ok that's my lame story. What do you want, I lead a boring life Tongue

10 2,062
 01-31-2013, 06:58 AM
User Info
Bill Belichick, the NE Patriots' head coach, went to my college. I played football there from 1993-1995 and there was pretty much a standing offer that if a grad wanted to, he could join his staff at the Cleveland Browns. I almost did, but I was pretty burnt out on football and the pay was miserable. One of the guys I knew, Eric Mangini, went, and later became head coach of the Jets (also more relevant to the upcoming Super Bowl - he's the guy in the draft day war room who initially called Ray Lewis to let him know they were picking him). Most of the guys on staff of those Browns went on to pretty successful careers in the NFL; the NFL Network recently ran a documentary on those years. So that would have been my "almost investing in Microsoft in the 80's" moment.

72 1,405