01-30-2013, 10:34 PM
User Info
I was in Rite Aide today and saw they had the Real Shave Co. shave cream on sale. Since I am in the middle of testing some samples of the 3 Ts, I figured it would be good to pick this up and compare it to those creams as I know they are all made by the same place, Creightons. I used it to shave tonight and boy does my face feel like it's on fire with a little tingle to go along with the burn. Not sure what it is as it has a very similar ingredients list to the 3 Ts creams...maybe the tea tree oil? It seemed like a pretty decent cream until the burn set in.

5 938
 01-31-2013, 07:00 AM
  • Songwind
  • Soap Slinger & Scuttle Pusher
  • Burnsville, MN
User Info
Tea tree oil does that to my skin just from being in shampoo, so anything like shaving with it would be a no-no to me.

10 1,858
 01-31-2013, 07:16 AM
User Info
many face product have tea tree oil in it...its to avoid infection...

4 158
 01-31-2013, 10:01 AM
User Info
Now that the burning has subsided, my face actually feels pretty nice...very smooth, soft and moisturized. I have no doubt that this is a really good cream, especially at a $4 price tag; there's just something that doesn't agree with me.

5 938
 01-31-2013, 04:19 PM
User Info
A shame it doesn't agree with your skin. This one has always worked well for me. Essential oils can create a real problem for some users though.

1 345
 01-31-2013, 04:29 PM
  • Mynorx
  • Southern California
User Info
if you look up tea tree its listed as being a skin irritant. I have no issues with it and the cream works great. I wonder if they have a product with out the tee tree oil? heres the sensitive
http://www.realshavingshop.com/engine/sh...m+Classics

1 265
 01-31-2013, 06:06 PM
User Info
(01-31-2013, 04:29 PM)Mynorx Wrote: if you look up tea tree its listed as being a skin irritant. I have no issues with it and the cream works great. I wonder if they have a product with out the tee tree oil? heres the sensitive

Hard to tell as they don't list the ingredients, but I remember comparing the two awhile ago and I seem to remember the only difference was the inclusion of the coco butter in the regular version...I'm pretty sure both had tea tee oil as does their post shave balm.

5 938
 01-31-2013, 09:09 PM
  • savagejoerude
  • If you ain't a LOSER, you ain't livin'!!
  • New Orleans USA
User Info
Gee Tom sorry to hear about your misadventure. I get great results from The Real Shaving Co. cream. It's in my regular rotation and I've always highly recommended it to others... Guess I'll hold back on that till I do more research as I wouldn't want to recommend something that some people get a bad reaction from.

5 1,151
 01-31-2013, 10:21 PM
User Info
(01-31-2013, 09:09 PM)savagejoerude Wrote: Gee Tom sorry to hear about your misadventure. I get great results from The Real Shaving Co. cream. It's in my regular rotation and I've always highly recommended it to others... Guess I'll hold back on that till I do more research as I wouldn't want to recommend something that some people get a bad reaction from.

No worries, that why we have so many options. Luckily there are only a few products I've tried over the years that have caused any problems.

5 938
 02-07-2013, 06:27 PM
User Info
This stuff produced some impressive lather for me for the price BUT HOLY MAMMA DID IT BURN THE HELL OUT OF MY FACE! Not sure whats causing this either but for the $4 I paid for it, it wasn't a colossal loss.

64 796
 02-12-2013, 06:34 PM
User Info
I get great results from the double concentrated moisturizing one.

I have been using it during the colder months when not using Bigelow.

I really like buying local when I can.

18 569
 02-12-2013, 07:36 PM
User Info
(02-12-2013, 06:34 PM)PanChango Wrote: I get great results from the double concentrated moisturizing one.

I have been using it during the colder months when not using Bigelow.

I really like buying local when I can.

That's the one I used....produced great lather, but lit my face up pretty good.

5 938
 02-12-2013, 09:33 PM
  • Songwind
  • Soap Slinger & Scuttle Pusher
  • Burnsville, MN
User Info
I stopped at my local TJMaxx but they didn't have any kind of men's shaving stuff except for one electric razor in an open box.

Honestly, the store reminded me of a K-Mart or a mid-80s Wal-Mart. Very ragged looking.

10 1,858