01-31-2013, 11:11 PM
  • Shaun
  • St Peters, NSW, Australia
User Info
Vicco toothpaste is Indian ayeurvedic, not named after the Italian philosopher (one 'c' as in Vico) ... I love using this toothpaste from time to time; the colour, a musky browny pinky, and it has a kind of stickiness, is a little odd at first, but it only struck me that way the first time I used it over 35 years ago. I love the taste mostly and can somehow FEEL it cleaning my mouth.

Anyone here ever use it? I buy a large tube for about $4 AUD (that's around 5 million USA Biggrin )

I use the standard tube/box and it looks very cool indeed. Check the ingredients.

http://www.viccolabs.com/vicco/Ingredients.aspx

0 1,622
 02-01-2013, 03:06 AM
  • tgutc
  • Michigan
User Info
Never heard of it before. I checked out the link though and I find the ingredients to be interesting. I liked how they tell you what each does. Sounds like good stuff.

45 3,955
 02-01-2013, 03:27 AM
  • Shaun
User Info
More:

http://www.viccotoothpaste.com

Not tested on animals and uses no sugar.

Tastes aniseed-ish

0 1,622
 02-01-2013, 03:46 AM
User Info
I think I heard of this before! They're the ones with the TV ad where the guy is on the mountain in Switzerland with the enormous Horn going VICCOOOOOOO LA. Over and over again.

5 410
 02-19-2013, 03:39 AM
User Info
I have some of this on the way from India.... If it ever arrives I'll share my thoughts :0)

2 33
 02-19-2013, 07:19 PM
  • Shaun
User Info
Wow, all the way from India? We get it in most health food stores/Indian grocers over here in Australia.

But let me hear what you think. I don't think you can go wrong. Good stuff.

0 1,622
 02-19-2013, 11:28 PM
User Info
I'm in Japan and I've never seen an Indian grocer, so it's an eBay buy!

Really looking forward to trying it. I read you only need a little on the brush every time. :0)

2 33
 02-22-2013, 01:03 AM
User Info
Ok, I've used it for a couple of days and already I really like it. Subtle taste, plus I don't need to use much, and most importantly, my teeth feel very clean after use. As long as I can get it I think this will be on my shopping list for a long time! Thanks for the suggestion :0)

2 33
 02-22-2013, 02:27 AM
  • Shaun
User Info
It is also cheap where I buy it from. Can have a hint of soapiness at first blush, but it's very good for the gums, too. It REAL toothpaste...not expensive tubed goo whipped full of air and unknown chemicals. Congratulations on leaving the rubbish behind in your life.

Shaun

0 1,622
 02-25-2013, 11:02 PM
User Info
(02-22-2013, 02:27 AM)Shaun Wrote: It is also cheap where I buy it from. Can have a hint of soapiness at first blush, but it's very good for the gums, too. It REAL toothpaste...not expensive tubed goo whipped full of air and unknown chemicals. Congratulations on leaving the rubbish behind in your life.

Shaun

Thanks Shaun.
I bought 4 tubes so I'm ok for a while, but when I get onto the third I'll be shopping about for some more. I'm due a dental check up soon, so I'll be interested to see if the dentist makes any comments Shy

2 33
 02-27-2013, 08:29 PM
User Info
Be careful with Ayurvedic stuff from India - here in the US , several testers found lead and other unacceptable things due to poor manufacturing techniques

4 108
 02-27-2013, 08:46 PM
  • Shaun
User Info
There is no lead in Vicco. This toothpaste is manufactured under stringent control conditions. 'Ayurvedic' can mean many things, certainly, as can 'organic' here in the West, or 'natural'; caveat emptor and all that.

I have never seen any issue whatsoever with lead contamination with regard to this toothpaste.

Regarding the post concerning lead, can you point to the testers' reports? I'd be interested in reading them.

Thanks

0 1,622
 02-27-2013, 10:10 PM
User Info
I too would be interested, as I just bought a tube.

5 410