02-02-2013, 07:02 PM
  • MikekiM
  • Long Island, NY
User Info
I've had a PAL injector hanging in my razor rack for over a year. It isn't the prettiest specimen, but it is in fine working order. I've been cataloging my stuff in preparation of selling what I don't use and thought I'd give the PAL a try to see if it stays or goes.. I don't know much of anything about injector blades. That said, I I whipped up some P.160.. DB Bill Bowl and a Rod Neep custom..

Holy smokes! What an awesome shave I got from the PAL. The handle has a bit of an odd shape, but the rest of it is a joy. No hunting around for a precise head angle, no worries about being cautious either. I was able to swing the razor around without a care or concern and was rewarded with a dead perfect BBS!

I may have to take a closer look at injector razors!

33 914
 02-02-2013, 07:11 PM
User Info
Definitely worth looking into more. I think the PALs look awesome & I'm keeping my eye out for one in the wild. As for the Schicks, the E2 is my favorite.

31 7,914
 02-02-2013, 07:37 PM
  • MikekiM
  • Long Island, NY
User Info
Just browsed the big auction sites... Tons of Shicks available, and at least one PAL.

What resources are worth reading?

I really like the shave i got

33 914
 02-02-2013, 07:47 PM
  • Triad
  • Triad Razor Handles
  • Texas
User Info
Check out the wiki here.

115 1,692
 02-02-2013, 09:26 PM
User Info
(02-02-2013, 07:37 PM)MikekiM Wrote: Just browsed the big auction sites... Tons of Shicks available, and at least one PAL.

Try this: http://www.renaldo.us/SchickRazors.php

The "I" 1 and "I" 2 series Eversharp/Shicks 1955-1958 are the ticket for me.
In a word "Effortless" : Deadly on whiskers yet easy on skin

SharpSpine's comments about his E2 Series have me wanting to take one for a run soon as well.

7 414
 02-02-2013, 09:39 PM
User Info
Mike, i thought you had a Cobra! An injector hybrid. Smile

75 20,883
 02-02-2013, 10:26 PM
User Info
(02-02-2013, 09:26 PM)razorx Wrote:
(02-02-2013, 07:37 PM)MikekiM Wrote: Just browsed the big auction sites... Tons of Shicks available, and at least one PAL.

Try this: http://www.renaldo.us/SchickRazors.php

The "I" 1 and "I" 2 series Eversharp/Shicks 1955-1958 are the ticket for me.
In a word "Effortless" : Deadly on whiskers yet easy on skin

SharpSpine's comments about his E2 Series have me wanting to take one for a run soon as well.

Why not use our own in-house new & improved version?

http://shavenook.com/page-schick-injectors

31 7,914
 02-03-2013, 04:40 AM
  • MikekiM
  • Long Island, NY
User Info
Gentlemen, you rock!

I put the 1912 on deck for this morning. My wife is still sleeping so I can't go clanking around in the bathroom, but I am giddy with anticipation. My SEs are largely ignored.

The 1912 gives me an amazingly close shave, but for daily use, it could be too much of a good thing. Might be my blade selection. I believe i have Gem Stainless blades and Treet Teflon.. But I could be wrong.. I have to check.

celestino, no Cobra for me yet. I am two down in the batting order on the Cobra Tour and have been holding off on buying until I try it. Plus, I think they are out of stock...

I've read the wiki...lots of good info there, thanks. Do we have a similar read for the traditional SEs?

There are tons of Injectors on the auction sites..but few say what date codes they are. Time to post a WTB post...

33 914