02-03-2013, 06:18 AM
  • UFO
  • Artisan
  • Seville, Spain
User Info
UFO Razor Handles - UFO TORNADO Series is ON SALE
www.uforazorhandles.com

http://uforazorhandles.blogspot.com.es/2...-sale.html

Hello friends. Glad to say that today I’ve launched this handle as a final model in my catalog. After some prototypes, I think it is fine for people who likes glossy handles and do not require the deepest knurling. Very classy.
It is 15 mm caliber. Possible in 316L stainless steel, red bronze, and brass. Regular 85 mm length or XL 100 mm length. Also any custom length you want.
You can now order this new handle by email at info@uforazorhandles.com and my friend Juan will help us with communications. Terms and conditions as usual, you know. Registered mail from Spain. No charges for handling. Only Paypal fees. Two or three weeks + shipping awaiting time.

UFO TORNADO
316L Stainless Steel. 85 mm long. 15/15 mm caliber. 103 gr weight.
Red Bronze. 85 mm long. 15/15 mm caliber. 115 gr weight.
Brass. 85 mm long. 15/15 mm caliber. 109 gr weight.
Thread is M5x0.8. Gillette heads fit well, including the NEW head. The neck ends to 8.5 mm to fit perfectly.
This handle has less grip but more gloss. Mirror polished. Very classy.
Unnumbered Open Series. Repeatable Model on demand.

Also possible at XL length (100 mm)
UFO TORNADO XL
316L Stainless Steel. 100 mm long. 15/15 mm caliber. 123 gr weight.
Red Bronze. 100 mm long. 15/15 mm caliber. 140 gr weight.
Brass. 100 mm long. 15/15 mm caliber. 130 gr weight.
Thread is M5x0.8. Gillette heads fit well, including the NEW head. The neck ends to 8.5 mm to fit perfectly.
This handle has less grip but more gloss. Mirror polished. Very classy.
Unnumbered Open Series. Repeatable Model on demand.

Here in 316L stainless steel.
[Image: P1020136.JPG]

[Image: P1020137.JPG]

[Image: P1020138.JPG]

[Image: P1020139.JPG]

Here in brass
[Image: TORNADO+BRASS+P1010064.JPG]

Disclaimer on metal aging.
Stainless steel remains for a long time as the first day. But Brass (the more gold toned) and Red Bronze (just machined is like rose gold) are tarnishing, aging and darkening over time. Just machining, Red Bronze has a rose gold color, but is become orange and even brown if not cleaned for a while. They need a little maintenance. It is the process of normal metal oxidation. This process depends on water, contact with soaps, etc. Periodic maintenance, cleaning and polishing with a metal cleaners or metal polish should return it to its original luster. Cleaning frequency depends on personal taste. Probably every 3 or 4 weeks.

NOTES:

• Although in some photographs the handles can be viewed mounted in different heads, this is for illustration purposes only. The heads are not for sale nor included in prices. Only the handles.
• Prices do not include shipping and handling, which depend on the mode and destination.
• If you are ordering several handles, you'll save on shipping costs.
• The handles are hand machined on a lathe. Although reported weights and measures, it is possible small differences of tenths in each unit. Is it about the craft. No two pieces are exactly alike.

1 108
 02-03-2013, 06:57 AM
  • slantman
  • Expert Shaver
  • Leesburg, Florida
User Info
Beautiful handles

100 12,450
 02-03-2013, 07:22 AM
  • DLP
  • Missouri
User Info
UFO handles are functional works of art that take shaving to the another level.

I've been using the brass model for the past 2 shaves and this is a great handle. It feels very smooth when you run your fingers over the surface but which would lead one to believe the handle would get slippery when wet and soapy. However that is not the case, this handle is very easy to hold with very little effort even when wet and soapy. At 15mm the handle is larger than most stock handles such as Weber's bulldog handle. So far I've used the handle with a Weber ARC and Muhle R89 head and both exceptional performance. I still intend on using the handle with a Gillette Tech and Fatip Gold Grand heads.

3 497
 02-03-2013, 02:14 PM
  • tgutc
  • Michigan
User Info
The Tornado's are my favorite I think. They are stunning.

45 3,955
 02-03-2013, 05:12 PM
User Info
Stunning, just stunning! If you don't own a UFO handle, you should. I second that they are works of art, that are truly functional. I have two more UFO's on order right now, but may have to add a Tornado to the family someday as well.

63 2,128
 02-03-2013, 05:29 PM
User Info
Those are beautiful. I especially like the brass.

185 12,010
 02-03-2013, 08:20 PM
  • tgutc
  • Michigan
User Info
I agree with Jeremy everyone should treat themselves to a UFO handle. They are true works of art.

45 3,955
 02-03-2013, 09:00 PM
User Info
True, works of art, but also quite functional. It made all the difference with my Muhle R41.

32 6,311
 02-03-2013, 10:40 PM
  • tgutc
  • Michigan
User Info
As Brian says they really can make the difference on a particular razor. I have a Merkur 1904 OC and it was so mild with the stock handle because it weighs next to nothing, It really gave a poor shave. The same head on my UFO Goliath Handle is a great combo.

45 3,955
 03-30-2013, 10:38 AM
User Info
How long does it typically take for these to arrive to the states after they've been shipped and are the current models they offer already made or do they have to be made after an order is placed?

64 796
 04-01-2013, 03:42 AM
  • UFO
  • Artisan
  • Seville, Spain
User Info
Hello friends. Answering the last question.

Because the last two lathe breakdowns (one of which I warned all the people that were expecting handles, since it was a major breakdown affecting the shaft bearings, and it was about one week inoperative),
because to the amount of orders that have come in recent weeks (there were tens, and not enough with the fingers of one hand to count),
production times went up from 2-3 weeks, to 3-4 weeks, and to 5 -6 weeks. Today I managed to halve the pending handles queue and return to give time of 3-4 weeks. I'm sorry by the wait but I can not do more. All my handles require equal attention, they are like my children, and time can not be reduced. I want they to be perfect when you receive them.

About the shipping time to USA, I have experienced from 6 days to 24 days, but that is something that is beyond my control. Postal services are unpredictable.

As for the stock handles, I would like to have handles made ​​in stock, but believe me, I do not have time to make them. I have a couple of projects in mind, already profiled, of new handles that I'm sure you will enjoy, and I can not start them because of lack of time and meet orders everyday. To start one of them I need at least two weeks of full time without making any other handle. I try to find the time to do it, but can not find it.

Hope this explanation helps, my friends. I'm grateful to you, everybody. Without you this madness would not be possible nor would make sense.

1 108
 04-01-2013, 05:04 AM
  • ben74
  • Administrator
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
Rafael you cannot rush art my friend! As impatient as your customers maybe, I'm sure they will all agree that the wait is more than worthwhile. Congratulations on the rapidly increasing love for UFO handles.

91 17,876