02-05-2013, 12:23 PM
  • Songwind
  • Soap Slinger & Scuttle Pusher
  • Burnsville, MN
User Info
I'm creating this thread for day-to-day updates and the occasional product shot.

And my first update is: Sonya's own website has taken its first steps. Ladysea Creations is currently very basic, but the glaze samples and some other links are online.

Look for more updates to the site in the following days.

Thanks to everyone who has tried and enjoyed Sonya's pottery!

10 1,858
 02-05-2013, 02:00 PM
User Info
Excellent! I wish her well in this endeavor!

0 836
 02-05-2013, 04:20 PM
User Info
The scuttles I've seen previously are beautiful...I may have to get one soon. BTW, the link to the site generates a "Page Not Found" error.

5 938
 02-05-2013, 06:31 PM
  • CRAusmus
  • Going from Texas to Georgia
User Info
Love that Korean Celadon 2 piece that seems to fade into the Apricot. I've been eying that one for a couple of months now. I like her different glazes. Is she willing to mix some and do something more custom? Will the site also include specs on the sizes of the scuttles? Didn't even know she had a one piece, must have missed that one the first time around. Can't wait till you guys get the site up and running full steam.

Link works for me BTW. Might check it and put it in your signature.

Edit: Nevermind, it's already in your sig...LOL..

18 1,182
 02-05-2013, 07:10 PM
  • Songwind
  • Burnsville, MN
User Info
Looks like the issue with the site's home page may be specific to mobile devices. It happens on my tablet but not my desktop.

For now, if the link gives you trouble use http://www.ladysea.net/index.shtml

(02-05-2013, 06:31 PM)CRAusmus Wrote: Love that Korean Celadon 2 piece that seems to fade into the Apricot. I've been eying that one for a couple of months now. I like her different glazes. Is she willing to mix some and do something more custom? Will the site also include specs on the sizes of the scuttles? Didn't even know she had a one piece, must have missed that one the first time around. Can't wait till you guys get the site up and running full steam.

A one piece is basically just a two piec where the pieces have been fitted together before firing. You can clearly see the joins in some other potters' scuttles as well. So a one piece is an option, and costs the same and takes the same effort.

I'm not sure how possible actual mixing is. Mostly because the heat of the kiln does more than just dry the glazes out. Sometimes mixes don't come out the way you'd expect.

I do know she's planning a test piece w/ all her colors crossing each other so she can predict the effects.

I think I have it fixed now. If people who had trouble before could let me know?

10 1,858
 02-06-2013, 09:02 AM
  • Songwind
  • Burnsville, MN
User Info
Looks like our issue yesterday was some leftover code from a rejected "drag and drop site builder" that was trying to redirect users to a non-existent mobile side.

Now on to more pleasant stuff - pictures!

5-piece custom job with brush warmer, Sapphire & Wrought Iron
[Image: rywnzVsl.jpg]

Shaving bowl w/ Tiger's Eye
[Image: 10BidFWl.jpg]
[Image: SjsN2zol.jpg]

Shaving bowl w/ yellow and green low fire glazes and clear high fire
[Image: z99YrqSl.jpg]
[Image: 6lj4Kjyl.jpg]

2-piece Scuttle w/ Sapphire & Northern Woods
[Image: mYu8WKTl.jpg]

10 1,858
 02-06-2013, 09:08 AM
  • CRAusmus
  • Going from Texas to Georgia
User Info
Now that's what I'm talking about. I was thinking of a combo much like you pictured there with the Cobalt over Sapphire in a 2 Piece Scuttle. Now that I see it in the Wrought Iron, I think it would look amazing.

18 1,182
 02-06-2013, 09:28 AM
  • Songwind
  • Burnsville, MN
User Info
(02-06-2013, 09:08 AM)CRAusmus Wrote: Now that's what I'm talking about. I was thinking of a combo much like you pictured there with the Cobalt over Sapphire in a 2 Piece Scuttle. Now that I see it in the Wrought Iron, I think it would look amazing.

Oh, in that case, she is happy to do custom color schemes, as long as the glaze supports it. (Some glazes are runny and don't take well to neatly laid out schemes like the ones on the scuttles here.)

10 1,858
 02-06-2013, 09:55 AM
User Info
Beautiful work Eric. Congratulations to your wife.

108 12,734
 02-06-2013, 10:20 AM
  • Howler
  • A calamophile and vintage razor lover
  • Fort Smith AR
User Info
Excellent work, wishing her success. Definitely on my wish list for a shave bowl.

1 3,507
 02-07-2013, 05:11 AM
User Info
Gosh, gorgeous stuff - she has a real talent there.

6 323
 02-07-2013, 07:43 AM
  • Kavik79
  • Albany, NY - USA
User Info
That is wonderful, I envision this being much better than the whole etsy thing Biggrin

Can't wait to see it all up and running! She really makes some beautiful looking pieces, I need to own one one of these days

10 411
 02-12-2013, 08:27 PM
  • Songwind
  • Burnsville, MN
User Info
We have our first couple of items up for sale on the website, both already glazed. There's one lather bowl and one knob-handled shaving mug. You can check them out on the Shaving Pottery page.

More items coming soon.

I also added a Guide to Caring for Your Shaving Pottery.

10 1,858
 02-13-2013, 08:47 AM
  • Songwind
  • Burnsville, MN
User Info
Found out today that Sonya has 3 unglazed lather bowls ready to go, and added them to the site as well.

10 1,858
 02-14-2013, 01:39 PM
  • Songwind
  • Burnsville, MN
User Info
We've got our first 2-piece scuttle listing ready on the website!

10 1,858
 02-14-2013, 01:54 PM
User Info
The black walnut apricot glaze is unbelievably beautiful and will be my next scuttle color.

108 12,734
 02-18-2013, 09:43 AM
  • Kavik79
  • Albany, NY - USA
User Info
Just a heads up, the "glaze sample page" link under the Available Scuttles and Lather Bowls are bad links.
points to-
http://ladysea.net/pottery/glazes.html
instead of-
http://ladysea.net/pottery/glazes.shtml
Wink

10 411
 02-18-2013, 09:58 PM
  • Songwind
  • Burnsville, MN
User Info
Oops! I'll fix that right now, since I have the source open in front of me.

Minor update today. I have added samples for Black Walnut, Val Cushing Colemanite, and Blue Surf to the "Glaze Samples" page.

The "Photography" link has been updated to point to Sonya's Etsy gallery for the time being.

Fixed a couple of mistaken links.

LadySea Creations is also available on social media, now. You can check us out on Facebook or on Google+.

10 1,858
 02-19-2013, 07:39 AM
User Info
Beautiful color choices Eric. I am waiting on a scuttle in black walnut & apricot.

108 12,734
 02-25-2013, 12:44 PM
  • Songwind
  • Burnsville, MN
User Info
Sonya's been playing about with her "shave mug" design. I think this new one has great potential.

[Image: W2jtjO5l.jpg]

The old one was much more basic:
[Image: mSRvyh.jpg]

10 1,858