02-05-2013, 04:28 PM
User Info
Well, the time has come to start trimming down the collection. I made an agreement with my wife that I would stop buying stuff when my side of the sink is full and that time came and went about 3 months ago. I've since received a massive order from IB and 4 brushes. Needless to say, I'm in the dog house and I have a headache. That being said, I'm going to take some time tonight to go through everything that is going to be sold and I figured that I would start with this gem.

Just so everything is out in the open, the only reason this brush is being sold is due to room issues and recently acquired brushes. I know I will re-purchase this brush in the future, but for now, it needs a new home. The brush itself is rather new. I believe I only have a few shaves with it. It did lose a few hairs when I first received it but it was only left overs that I had to clean out of the super dense knot. The handle is as near perfect as you're going to get. I DO NOT HAVE THE BOX however.

The brush was purchased for $315 plus shipping, you're price is $240 if buyer is in Canada, $245 within the US. International buyers welcome, however, please contact for shipping estimate. I do strongly encourage insurance and tracking due to the value of the brush, however, that will be at the buyers discretion.

[Image: 20130205_160731.jpg]

[Image: 20130205_160745.jpg]

3 53
 02-05-2013, 05:35 PM
User Info
No bites yet? Wow. I figured I would have something by now. Do I not have it listed at a fair price?

3 53
 02-05-2013, 11:02 PM
User Info
It is a very fair price, and the finest shaving brush ever produced imo. Smile

63 2,128
 02-06-2013, 12:06 PM
User Info
Maybe it's my low post count then? I really though I'd have this sold by now.

3 53
 02-06-2013, 12:26 PM
  • blzrfn
  • Butterscotch Bandit
  • Vancouver USA
User Info
I don't think its YOUR price that is the problem, I think its that the segment of the market that is willing to spend that kind of scratch on a brush is also probably willing to spend the extra for used and if they wanted one they also probably already have it. That said, I think patience will pay off and somebody will eventually take it off your hands. Taking it to an auction site might also help you sell it off faster, although with perhaps a bit more work and cost.

127 2,392
 02-06-2013, 12:48 PM
User Info
(02-06-2013, 12:26 PM)blzrfn Wrote: I don't think its YOUR price that is the problem, I think its that the segment of the market that is willing to spend that kind of scratch on a brush is also probably willing to spend the extra for used and if they wanted one they also probably already have it. That said, I think patience will pay off and somebody will eventually take it off your hands. Taking it to an auction site might also help you sell it off faster, although with perhaps a bit more work and cost.

I think that's correct. I would absolutely love to buy this brush, but a lot of us just can't justify more than half that much for any brush regardless of how much it's actually worth.

8 115
 02-06-2013, 12:53 PM
  • Kavik79
  • Albany, NY - USA
User Info
I agree. That seems like a great discount from the original price.....for those that can afford brushes in that price range Confused

10 411
 02-06-2013, 01:00 PM
  • Andrew
  • Austin, TX
User Info
Patience. It will sell.

43 1,690
 02-06-2013, 01:14 PM
  • Crag
  • Menifee, Ca 92586
User Info
Man...I think Dave Nailed it! I recently had a high end bailer that I tried to sell on a printing enthusiast forum for what I thought was a great price. I finally ended up at the bay, and got a fair amount for it, but then there were all the Pics I had to take and all the questions I had to answer, not to mention "their cut" and it's no fun hanging around there anyway...At least here at the Nook I can read posts while I wait for bites...lol

Good Luck!

68 1,416
 02-06-2013, 05:52 PM
  • ben74
  • Administrator
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
Archived.

91 17,857