02-06-2013, 09:39 AM
User Info
        Hi, Need some help to identify this DE razor. It's listed for sale at a local auction site and these are the pictures posted. Just want to make sure how high can I bid. Any help will be appreciated.

0 13
 02-06-2013, 09:53 AM
User Info
Can you please tell what is written underneath the head?

is that "Juliet Razor Co."? Huh

2 5,527
 02-06-2013, 09:57 AM
User Info
(02-06-2013, 09:53 AM)oversaturn Wrote: Can you please tell what is written underneath the head?

is that "Juliet Razor Co."? Huh

Hi, Thanks for the quick reply. These are the only pictures I have - it's listed for sale at a local auction web site. Seller has probably issues using his camera flash Smile The help I need is mainly for the letters hallmarked. Regards!

0 13
 02-06-2013, 12:17 PM
  • blzrfn
  • Butterscotch Bandit
  • Vancouver USA
User Info
I don't know anything about that particular razor but it looks interesting. Their may be some damage to the handle where the collar meets the shaft, it looks similar to when a Gillette pressed in collar loosens due to the shaft cracking or age. It may just be the way the handle is designed though.

I don't believe that it is worth all that much, it is in pretty poor condition with plate loss and the possible defective handle, but I would take a gamble for under $10 if I was feeling adventurous.

125 2,374
 02-06-2013, 02:16 PM
User Info
I wouldn't bother. It looks identical to many, many vintage french and german razors I bought early in my experimentation.
These razors were plated poorly, shaved poorly and had as their only positive attribute the fact that they were solid brass and would last forever.

5 298
 02-06-2013, 09:28 PM
User Info
(02-06-2013, 12:17 PM)blzrfn Wrote: I don't know anything about that particular razor but it looks interesting. Their may be some damage to the handle where the collar meets the shaft, it looks similar to when a Gillette pressed in collar loosens due to the shaft cracking or age. It may just be the way the handle is designed though.

I don't believe that it is worth all that much, it is in pretty poor condition with plate loss and the possible defective handle, but I would take a gamble for under $10 if I was feeling adventurous.

Thanks Dave,
Great piece of advise. If I manage to get it at the right price, I'll post more detailed pics here.

(02-06-2013, 02:16 PM)oakeshott Wrote: I wouldn't bother. It looks identical to many, many vintage french and german razors I bought early in my experimentation.
These razors were plated poorly, shaved poorly and had as their only positive attribute the fact that they were solid brass and would last forever.

Thanks for your input. It's listed along with Some other Vintage items as a lot and I'm trying to estimate the overall cost of the set. Though my attention is PRIMARILY focused on the razor.

0 13