02-08-2013, 02:16 PM
User Info
*****Just to update as of 02/19/13 thanks to guildx500 I was able to try a NEW short comb and can say for fact it makes a HUGE difference for my shaving style, I am done with safety bars! I would like to try a few more models so if you have something user grade floating around you can part with I would love to try some others, specifically the Tuckaway as I think it's a good match for my shaving needs*****

This is my last shot at salvaging my wet shaving experience as I have never used an open comb and thing it's exactly what I need for my shaving style.

I would like to purchase a few of them, as low cost as possible provided they're still in functional enough condition for me to get a feel for them and how they perform. I don't care about the finish as I will get them refinished if I find one a really like.

So if you have a few old open combs floating around you wouldn't mind parting with please send me a PM and I can paypal you tonight.

Thanks a lot!

1 50
 02-08-2013, 04:35 PM
User Info
You may want to PM geezer. He has an amazing collection of vintage DE's, all of which he has managed to acquire in the "wild" at numerous antique outlets. Perhaps he has one or more he would sell to you.

37 2,962
 02-09-2013, 06:27 AM
User Info
I currently am reducing my collection and I have some very nice Gillette D/E razors for sale. One "Slim" and one "Fat Boy" adjustables, a Super Speed Silver Tip in case with blades and a gold ball end. All in shaving condition. All four for $75.
Also a very nice auto-strop razor set. Complete with case, strop, extra blades, and blade case for $30.

Attached Files Image(s)

0 7
 02-09-2013, 06:40 AM
User Info
(02-08-2013, 02:16 PM)TucsonAZ Wrote: I would like to purchase a few of them, as low cost as possible provided they're still in functional enough condition for me to get a feel for them and how they perform. I don't care about the finish as I will get them refinished if I find one a really like.

If you don't mind buying new ones, the Cadet OCs available from Shave A Buck (and others) are efficient and aggressive shavers. What you 'lose' by paying for a new one you'll 'gain' from not having to replate the razor later.

3 3,577
 02-19-2013, 12:53 AM
User Info
Does anybody have a Tuckaway floating around they wouldn't mind parting with?

1 50
 02-20-2013, 06:21 AM
User Info
PM sent.

12 1,243