04-01-2012, 08:57 AM
User Info
(04-01-2012, 08:52 AM)Gary Young Wrote:
(04-01-2012, 08:44 AM)brucered Wrote:
(04-01-2012, 08:40 AM)insomniac Wrote: You probably don't want to be associated with me right now, I appear to be on the B&B Ungentlemanly Affairs Committee list right now. Cool

i've been on that list a few times....if you do feel the need to come back, it'll all get forgotten and blown over shortly.

Mmmm, not ALWAYS!! Rolleyes

Gary

True...not always. good point.

8 2,718
 04-01-2012, 09:01 AM
User Info
(04-01-2012, 08:57 AM)brucered Wrote:
(04-01-2012, 08:44 AM)brucered Wrote: i've been on that list a few times....if you do feel the need to come back, it'll all get forgotten and blown over shortly.

Gary

True...not always. good point.

Me and Steve are going to start a club......Biggrin

Gary

0 213
 04-01-2012, 09:17 AM
  • kav
  • Banned
  • east of the sun,west of the moon
User Info
I've never been a member. When I first found the various shaving forums this one reminded me of Psycho when you first saw the Bate's house.

2 3,171
 04-01-2012, 09:24 AM
User Info
I would hate for anybody to be mad at me over there because an online article by one of the moderators started me on this wonderful wetshaving journey and the founder honed my blade for me when I asked him for help. But I did post a message of caution that if they are going to joke about something, BST is the last place you want to do it because it's hugely popular and unpopular changes have been implemented there before.

0 283
 04-01-2012, 09:28 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Well, the thread is down and this one is now up. All a big joke, everything is fine with the world, and everyone is happy.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread....ST-changes!

185 25,728
 04-01-2012, 10:33 AM
User Info
Not everyone is happy. This just cemented some of my previous experiences with their moderator team. Good riddance.

On a lighter note, I now have at least an extra 5 minutes per day to spend at the Nook now! Biggrin

31 8,060
 04-01-2012, 11:02 AM
User Info
There's no sense in causing hard feelings because when it all comes down we are all here for the fun and enjoyment of shaving. Sometimes you just have to take things with a grain of salt and let them go.

Clayton

6 728
 04-01-2012, 11:26 AM
  • etoyoc
  • NW Indiana
User Info
(04-01-2012, 08:40 AM)insomniac Wrote:
(04-01-2012, 08:32 AM)brucered Wrote: so i can delete you from my "friends lists" over there? Cool

they sure didn't like some of your posts, but i did Biggrin

You probably don't want to be associated with me right now, I appear to be on the B&B Ungentlemanly Affairs Committee list right now. Cool

i've been on that list a few times....if you do feel the need to come back, it'll all get forgotten and blown over shortly.

2nd verse, same as the first
a little bit louder, and a little bit worse...

Not to stir things up, but I do want to applaud the mod team here and at some other forums that avoid the need to constantly play power games.

0 253
 04-01-2012, 12:26 PM
User Info
Joel weighs in...

Quote:I take very seriously and am deeply offended when I hear accusations that some other forum that just popped up should cause us alarm - or is even worth raising an eyebrow over. They, like all others before them are merely trying to copy what we have. They're often started by vendors looking out for their best interests, and dangle mod titles to take away key members of our community...

Rolleyes

12 1,247
 04-01-2012, 12:43 PM
  • GreekGuy
  • Not saving money yet....
  • La Jolla, CA
User Info
(04-01-2012, 08:40 AM)insomniac Wrote: You probably don't want to be associated with me right now, I appear to be on the B&B Ungentlemanly Affairs Committee list right now. Cool

Gary

Which is a shame. That whole incident was a bunch of silliness

9 541
 04-01-2012, 12:56 PM
User Info
Guys

No doubt a counter-argument/comment will be posted elsewhere but I would just like to make a comment based on my last 18 months worth of experience on the shaving forums.

I have had some really bad experiences since first entering the world of 'cyber wet shaving'. Some of you already know that I kept my participation to a minimum over the last 12 months - this was because of some of the experiences.

I joined this forum because I could see familiar names that had always appreciated my participation previously. Guys that I had learnt to respect over the last 18 months whose sole intention seemed to be to merely share their experiences, enjoyment and fast gaining knowledge in the world of wet shaving.

I understand that hierarchy is required in all walks of life - this helps to create an order which 'helps the world go round'. If we were all the same size cog in the same machine nothing would work. I also understand that co-operation is required at all levels to keep that machine running smoothly. If one element fails, the machine fails. An understanding that even the smallest component plays a massive part in the overall picture.

It is co-operation that makes things work.

I have been running businesses for all my working life and understand that the guys who work for me need to understand the hierarchy and their place within it. I don't need to bully or threaten to get the desired effort from the team. Bullying works for a limited amount of time and then eventually 'the worm turns'.

I don't see this forum stagnating. There are simply too many positives to let that happen - i.e. all the guys that are here and have seen the errors of other places. It is down to us, the forum members - not just the Admin staff, to make this an enjoyable experience for all and to make sure that any new members get a warm welcome and a helping hand.

So long as this forum stays true to the love of wet shaving and doesn't fall into commerciality it can only grow.

Gary

0 213
 04-01-2012, 01:27 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
Dear Members:

I would just like to issue a reminder to please refrain from discussing the policies of other shaving forums and/or bad mouthing other shaving forums on the Shave Nook. We are not in competition with the other forums and criticizing them just makes us look bad. Most of us are members of several shaving forums and each one of the forums has something unique to offer. We are in this together!

Phil, Teiste, & Andrew

52 21,013
 04-01-2012, 01:33 PM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
(04-01-2012, 01:27 PM)bullgoose Wrote: Dear Members:

I would just like to issue a reminder to please refrain from discussing the policies of other shaving forums and/or bad mouthing other shaving forums on the Shave Nook. We are not in competition with the other forums and criticizing them just makes us look bad. Most of us are members of several shaving forums and each one of the forums has something unique to offer. We are in this together!

Phil, Teiste, & Andrew

I whole heartedly agree. Well said.

185 25,728
 04-01-2012, 01:35 PM
User Info

Phil, Teiste, & Andrew

+1
Thx Phil

5 413
 04-01-2012, 01:46 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
(04-01-2012, 12:56 PM)Gary Young Wrote: Guys

No doubt a counter-argument/comment will be posted elsewhere but I would just like to make a comment based on my last 18 months worth of experience on the shaving forums.

I have had some really bad experiences since first entering the world of 'cyber wet shaving'. Some of you already know that I kept my participation to a minimum over the last 12 months - this was because of some of the experiences.

I joined this forum because I could see familiar names that had always appreciated my participation previously. Guys that I had learnt to respect over the last 18 months whose sole intention seemed to be to merely share their experiences, enjoyment and fast gaining knowledge in the world of wet shaving.

I understand that hierarchy is required in all walks of life - this helps to create an order which 'helps the world go round'. If we were all the same size cog in the same machine nothing would work. I also understand that co-operation is required at all levels to keep that machine running smoothly. If one element fails, the machine fails. An understanding that even the smallest component plays a massive part in the overall picture.

I have been running businesses for all my working life and understand that the guys who work for me need to understand the hierarchy and their place within it. I don't need to bully or threaten to get the desired effort from the team. Bullying works for a limited amount of time and then eventually 'the worm turns'.

I don't see this forum stagnating. There are simply too many positives to let that happen - i.e. all the guys that are here and have seen the errors of other places. It is down to us, the forum members - not just the Admin staff, to make this an enjoyable experience for all and to make sure that any new members get a warm welcome and a helping hand.

So long as this forum stays true to the love of wet shaving and doesn't fall into commerciality it can only grow.

Gary

Phil, Teiste, & Andrew

Gary and Phil : thanks for your statements and I subscribe both.Lets make this place to be a peaceful/relaxing place and serious about our hobby/passion,which is wet shaving.

93 7,437
 04-01-2012, 01:55 PM
User Info
(04-01-2012, 01:46 PM)Teiste Wrote:
(04-01-2012, 12:56 PM)Gary Young Wrote: Guys

Gary

Phil, Teiste, & Andrew

Gary and Phil : thanks for your statements and I subscribe both.Lets make this place to be a peaceful/relaxing place and serious about our hobby/passion,which is wet shaving.

Amen!

0 213
 04-01-2012, 01:56 PM
User Info
Thank you Gary, I fully subscribe what you said.

Phil, Teiste, & Andrew
Couldn't agree more.
Thank you very much Phil, Teiste and AndrewSmile

2 5,579
 04-01-2012, 01:56 PM
User Info
Hallelujah !!Biggrin

5 413
 04-01-2012, 02:07 PM
User Info
Thank you all for making this a great place to be!

31 8,060
 04-01-2012, 03:45 PM
User Info
Gary, I tried to compose a reply that wouldn't rag on another forum, yet still say what I wanted it to say. You did that much better than I could have.

I really like it here!

32 6,581