06-30-2016, 07:10 PM
User Info
I think for newbies especially, that blade selection can be one of the most important factors, besides technique, when starting out. If you dont find the right blade or blades for yourself, then it can lead to some frustration. You can have all the best soaps and brushes you want, but if you dont have the right blade for yourself it can lead to an unpleasant or unsatisfactory shave. All thing work together but if the blade dont cut, or cuts to much, like maybe your right cheek off, it can be hard to improve technique. Maybe thats just me though, but when i found a good blade for me then it allowed all the other factors and products to come together. So blades need their own forum, or they might just come and cut you man.

0 87
 07-01-2016, 10:58 AM
User Info
(06-30-2016, 07:10 PM)Thundert65 Wrote: I think for newbies especially, that blade selection can be one of the most important factors, besides technique, when starting out. If you dont find the right blade or blades for yourself, then it can lead to some frustration. You can have all the best soaps and brushes you want, but if you dont have the right blade for yourself it can lead to an unpleasant or unsatisfactory shave. All thing work together but if the blade dont cut, or cuts to much, like maybe your right cheek off, it can be hard to improve technique. Maybe thats just me though, but when i found a good blade for me then it allowed all the other factors and products to come together. So blades need their own forum, or they might just come and cut you man.

I couldn't agree more.  I can still get a great shave with less than stellar lather, one can use just about any brush to lather up and apply said lather.  The blade does all the work.  I think most newbies should get blade trial packs from their favorite vendor and figure out what works best for them.

129 6,685