02-10-2013, 09:18 AM
User Info
"Stormaggedon" hit us on Friday night. I plowed about 8 inches at midnight and woke up on Saturday morning to another 16 to 20 inches. I think we got about 26 inches on average. Due to living in a valley we get a little more and the wind blows it all about so it is hard to get an accurate measure.

This is the backyard Sat morning with the wind still blowing.    

This is from the front porch. Hard to tell but there is a lot of snow.    

This is me moving the snow off of the driveway. Snow removal was made hard due to the high winds.    

Still needed to touch up with the snowblower.    

But after being out in the cold we come in to a toasty warm house. I have two woodstoves going. Toby off course claims the best spot.    

And the other stove is a cookstove so I whipped up some scones and tea to enjoy while looking out the window.    

Hope every one fared well.
Phil

7 363
 02-10-2013, 09:37 AM
  • OldDog23
  • BeanTown MetroWest
User Info
Nice pics, thanks for sharing. Toby is still in his bathrobe and digging the warm fire...way to go, Toby ! woodstove cooking tastes so fine ! the scones look yummy ! Smile

0 1,291
 02-10-2013, 09:39 AM
  • Kavik79
  • Albany, NY - USA
User Info
whew! you guys got it good

we were supposed to get close to 2 feet.....looked more like 5 or 6 inches when it was done Rolleyes

10 411
 02-10-2013, 09:49 AM
  • slantman
  • Expert Shaver
  • Leesburg, Florida
User Info
(02-10-2013, 09:39 AM)Kavik79 Wrote: whew! you guys got it good

we were supposed to get close to 2 feet.....looked more like 5 or 6 inches when it was done Rolleyes

I have relatives that lives in Gansevoort and they got just a foot of snow and no power outage so they were lucky.

100 12,439
 02-10-2013, 12:33 PM
  • mikeperry
  • St Louis via the UK
User Info
Hi Phil

Nice! photos, but my favourite one has to be of the kettle and scones Cheers

Take care, Mike

23 1,872
 02-10-2013, 04:09 PM
User Info
Wow, Phil, that sure looked incredible! Beautiful pics and i hope things are subsiding. Good luck.

75 20,883
 02-10-2013, 08:57 PM
  • freddy
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
Phil, I hope the worst is over for you. Your home is beautiful. Smile

2 11,211
 02-11-2013, 05:57 AM
  • Howler
  • A calamophile and vintage razor lover
  • Fort Smith AR
User Info
Great pictures, thanks for sharing. Beautiful looking home.
Be safe.

1 3,507
 02-11-2013, 08:31 PM
User Info
(02-10-2013, 09:18 AM)PhilNH5 Wrote: "Stormaggedon" hit us on Friday night. I plowed about 8 inches at midnight and woke up on Saturday morning to another 16 to 20 inches. I think we got about 26 inches on average. Due to living in a valley we get a little more and the wind blows it all about so it is hard to get an accurate measure.

This is the backyard Sat morning with the wind still blowing.

This is from the front porch. Hard to tell but there is a lot of snow.

This is me moving the snow off of the driveway. Snow removal was made hard due to the high winds.

Still needed to touch up with the snowblower.

But after being out in the cold we come in to a toasty warm house. I have two woodstoves going. Toby off course claims the best spot.

And the other stove is a cookstove so I whipped up some scones and tea to enjoy while looking out the window.

Hope every one fared well.
Phil
Thanks for sharing , looks very warm and cozy.

0 606
 02-16-2013, 08:23 AM
User Info
(02-10-2013, 12:33 PM)mikeperry Wrote: Hi Phil

Nice! photos, but my favourite one has to be of the kettle and scones Cheers

Take care, Mike

My mom's a Brit. Tea and scones are a part of my upbringing.
The scones are from my grandmother's traditional recipe. Though I "Americanized" it by adding more sugar (of course). I also replaced the raisins with cranberries. Don't think they had cranberries in the UK in my grandmothers day.

Phil

7 363
 02-16-2013, 09:20 AM
  • mikeperry
  • St Louis via the UK
User Info
(02-16-2013, 08:23 AM)PhilNH5 Wrote: My mom's a Brit. Tea and scones are a part of my upbringing.
The scones are from my grandmother's traditional recipe. Though I "Americanized" it by adding more sugar (of course). I also replaced the raisins with cranberries. Don't think they had cranberries in the UK in my grandmothers day.

Hi Phil

Your mum came from the right side of the pond Wink Tongue

Your mum brought you up right then, tea and scones make up an civilised midday snack Euro

Sounds like a very good swap to me. I like them with raisins or cranberries (or pretty much any kind of fruit), whereas my lovely (American) wife will only eat scones with cranberries...

Take care, Mike

23 1,872
 02-16-2013, 06:27 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
Great pictures Phil! Those scones do indeed look tasty!

What kind of dog is that in the red coat? It looks like he or she is living the high life. Biggrin

45 16,299
 02-18-2013, 09:21 AM
User Info
(02-16-2013, 06:27 PM)bullgoose Wrote: Great pictures Phil! Those scones do indeed look tasty!

What kind of dog is that in the red coat? It looks like he or she is living the high life. Biggrin

Phil,
Toby was a rescue from Texas - hence the need for the coat. I believe he is mostly foxhound. Great dog. Just as freindly as most Texans I know.

7 363
 02-18-2013, 02:07 PM
User Info
Phil,

Great photos, thanks! Yesterday's storm had the wind, but a bit less snow.

For those of you who don't live in the Northeast, we have a tradition for these occasional whopper storms. Everyone and his brother goes to the supermarket and then the package store (regional name for liquor store) to stock up in the event we loose electrical power or our snowed in for a few days.

As most of us don't loose power and there are very high velocity winds outside (snow stings your face at 50 mph.) We stay in, eat like Kings, and have a nice cocktail as the wind howls outside.

If we're lucky, this can go on for several days.

3 452
 02-18-2013, 05:04 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
(02-18-2013, 09:21 AM)PhilNH5 Wrote:
(02-16-2013, 06:27 PM)bullgoose Wrote: Great pictures Phil! Those scones do indeed look tasty!

Phil,
Toby was a rescue from Texas - hence the need for the coat. I believe he is mostly foxhound. Great dog. Just as freindly as most Texans I know.

Both dogs look like great dogs! They are great companions...I bring my dog into the store every day. She is in charge of quality control. Biggrin

45 16,299
 02-18-2013, 05:10 PM
  • OldDog23
  • BeanTown MetroWest
User Info
nice that the pooches have their own sofa ! never met a dog who didn't love basking in the warmth of the fire ! Smile

0 1,291