02-12-2013, 01:55 AM
User Info
Hey Forum Smile

I just ordered two UFO Goliath handles from Juan.

I went for a special heavy model to distinguish it from my Ikon XL handles with the deeper knurlings, which are 85 mm long. I have two of these in matte chrome and one in shiny chrome and just got a Tradere SB too and have a Weber on order, so went for two UFO Goliaths in custom versions.

Length: 95 mm
Thickness: 15/15 mm
Knurlings: Extra deep
Finish: Shiny Brass and Shiny polished Chrome

One in Stainless 316 polished steel and one in golden brass.
I just found out that the Goodfella Black Satin is no longer made, so bought one, while still available at Manmachine - the only place I could find online, that still had the black version in stock. I want the black Goodfella head to be on the UFO Goliath Golden Brass handle - because the weight of the handle (estimated to be 130 gram) will compensate for the very mild open comb Goodfella head, I hope Blush

I think I'm going to love the black head on the golden shiny brass colored UFO Goliath handle.

The UFO Goliath Chrome handle will just befitted with one of my Mühle R89 or one of my Edwin Jagger DE89 heads - the weighty head will make this razor quite a bit less mild is my hope. We will see how they work out for me Cool

Any other guys who have an UFO Goliath on 95 mm and 15 mm thickness ?

22 5,058
 02-12-2013, 09:17 AM
  • ojinsa
  • San Antonio
User Info
(02-12-2013, 01:55 AM)CHSeifert Wrote: Hey Forum Smile

I just ordered two UFO Goliath handles from Juan.

I went for a special heavy model to distinguish it from my Ikon XL handles with the deeper knurlings, which are 85 mm long. I have two of these in matte chrome and one in shiny chrome and just got a Tradere SB too and have a Weber on order, so went for two UFO Goliaths in custom versions.

Length: 95 mm
Thickness: 15/15 mm
Knurlings: Extra deep
Finish: Shiny Brass and Shiny polished Chrome

One in Stainless 316 polished steel and one in golden brass.
I just found out that the Goodfella Black Satin is no longer made, so bought one, while still available at Manmachine - the only place I could find online, that still had the black version in stock. I want the black Goodfella head to be on the UFO Goliath Golden Brass handle - because the weight of the handle (estimated to be 130 gram) will compensate for the very mild open comb Goodfella head, I hope Blush

I think I'm going to love the black head on the golden shiny brass colored UFO Goliath handle.

The UFO Goliath Chrome handle will just befitted with one of my Mühle R89 or one of my Edwin Jagger DE89 heads - the weighty head will make this razor quite a bit less mild is my hope. We will see how they work out for me Cool

Any other guys who have an UFO Goliath on 95 mm and 15 mm thickness ?
I don't have the 95mm version, I have the XXL version (I believe it's 115mm). The handle is easily the heaviest I've ever held, let alone shave with. Today I shaved with it for the first time using a Gillette Tech head with it. One of the things I quickly noticed is that I spent a fair amount of effort trying to counter-balance the weight of the handle against the head as it's probably not the best idea to simply let the weight of the handle dictate the shave.

Regardless, the handle is an impressive piece of work, and I too have ordered 3 more handles myself. None of them as big as the XXL Goliath, but 3 more of the Large to XL variety.

27 860
 02-12-2013, 09:27 AM
  • slantman
  • Expert Shaver
  • Leesburg, Florida
User Info
Very impressive purchases. Please show us pictures when you get everything.

100 12,442
 02-12-2013, 09:35 AM
User Info
Very nice, Claus. I really like my Goodfella head on the red bronze Goliath handle. I see that Manmachine charges a pretty penny for the razor head; perhaps they increased the price when the head production was discontinued. I hope you like your new acquisitions, and I'll look forward to hearing your update.

184 12,003
 02-12-2013, 08:00 PM
  • tgutc
  • Michigan
User Info
Very nice I'm sure you will enjoy them. I love my Goliath handle. Let us know what you think of the Goodfella Razor. That's one I've been interested in too.

45 3,955
 02-12-2013, 11:23 PM
User Info
Thanks guys Smile

Just updated my order with one extra handle just like the other two, but in RED BRONZE Tongue

Will fit my R41 head excellent for the days where I need a BLOODY Redneck BBS SHAVE Tongue Sisi1

22 5,058