02-12-2013, 10:48 AM
  • vferdman
  • Artisan
  • Western Massachusetts
User Info
I have three razors that I would like to sell as I just do not use them all that much. As the title says, two slants and an OC. All prices include shipping in CONUS. I may consider international shipping at buyer's expense, but reserve the right to not ship outside CONUS.

Let's start with the OC. It is a 1904/1906 Classic, aka 41C, except this one is NOT chrome plated. It is nickel plated, which is obvious from the color. It is a beautiful mild razor that is based on Gillette Old type of head and has the most interesting handle Merkur has to offer. It is hexagonal and has design stamped into it. Very lovely and pretty good weight. I got this razor from BST and never really took to it for shaving. Love the way it looks, but it could be getting used for its primary purpose. Asking $23. - Sold

Next up is a Merkur 37C slant. This razor was bought by me brand new from SuperiorShave online store. I have the original packaging and sample blade for it. I have modified this razor by installing a rare earth magnet in the bottom of the handle like the Red Ring has. I also added a bit of brass rod to fill the hollow of the handle knob. This added about 6 grams of weight to the handle. Not a huge amount, but it helps. Also, the magnet is really handy if you drop the blade or just to pick it out of the paper wrapper. I have posted about this here. The condition of this razor is pretty much new since I used it fewer than dozen times. I like the shave, but it just does not blow me away. It's certainly more efficient than a regular 34C and every bit as smooth. I am very glad I tried it and I may end up keeping it depending on how this goes... Asking $45 because of the modification. - Sold

And last, but certainly not least, a vintage Merkur slant that was the predecessor to the modern 37C. This one comes in a metal case lined with blue velvet that contains the razor and two metal blade boxes. Everything is in very good shape. The razor has a nickel plated head and silver plated handle. The handle was tarnished, but cleaned up very well with some tooth paste and Flitz. It is very shiny now. There is a very small plating chip in the top plate of the head as can be seen in pictures. It is smaller in the size than a pinhead and is not flaking any more. There is no Merkur brand anywhere on the razor or the box. It says "Made in Germany" at the bottom of the handle where it would have a Merkur or Hoffritz brand. On the bottom of the box there is also a circular stamp that says "Made in Western Germany". This set is in very good to excellent condition and I am very reluctant to part with it. As I stated above I may keep one of these slants as they are both excellent shavers. This razor shaves very similarly to the 37C. Smooth and efficient. Asking $85. - Sold !

25 1,695
 02-12-2013, 12:08 PM
  • Johnny
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Nice razors and nice presentation pictures. GLWTS.

173 23,294
 02-12-2013, 12:18 PM
  • Dave
  • Moderator Emeritus
User Info
Great fella to deal with. Buy with confidence

116 3,804
 02-12-2013, 01:17 PM
User Info
PM on OC.

(02-12-2013, 12:18 PM)Dave Wrote: Great fella to deal with. Buy with confidence

0 10
 06-11-2013, 12:32 AM
User Info
I am new to this site. Guessing by the date of this post You have probably sold the vintage slant? I say this because it doesn't say 'Sold'. If it is still for sale, I will buy it if you post to England.

0 1