02-12-2013, 03:11 PM
User Info
The wife and I were food shopping today at the supermarket where we've shopped for the past 30+ years. While waiting on line to check out, a worker that we know only superficially came up and began talking about my Tilley hat, then talking a mile a minute as he does, he mentioned, "When I'm your age I hope I look half as good as you do. But I'll probably be all old looking, grey and wrinkled. Probably have to dye my hair.".

Obviously he knows we're retired, hence the age. But I never expected the rest. Heck, I thought I was all old looking and grey, if not wrinkled. I told him I have a clear conscious, hence no worries, was the secret.

I think being clean shaven also helps.

Anyway... odd and unexpected.

Has anything like this ever happened to you? I don't mean by someone who wants to jump your bones.

32 6,301
 02-12-2013, 03:20 PM
User Info
Man, I hope not....

I'm usually the one saying that about the older folks who frequent my gym. And let me tell you, some of them are in fantastic shape. Better shape than me in some cases.

9 2,987
 02-12-2013, 03:57 PM
User Info
Must be the magical properties in the Kamperts Finest Biggrin. Brian, your mention of the Tilley hat brings back fond memories of my Uncle who recently passed of cancer. He was well know for his Tilley hats and Hawaiian shirts, so much so that was the request dress code for his celebration of life gathering.

5 938
 02-12-2013, 08:01 PM
User Info
Must be all the fresh air in Maine, the good food, the shaves, and Krampets Finest, Brian! Congratulations, you old-timer! Tongue

74 20,790
 02-12-2013, 08:09 PM
User Info
And a Tilley hat isHuh

0 372
 02-12-2013, 08:24 PM
User Info
(02-12-2013, 08:09 PM)Williams Warrior Wrote: And a Tilley hat isHuh

It's the worlds finest practical hat IMO. Made in Canada with a guarantee against loss. They wear like nails and are simply fantastic.

Tilley Hats

32 6,301
 02-18-2013, 08:42 PM
User Info
I have had two Tilley hats for years and they are outstanding. One for summer and the other is the gray wool for winter. I had a lady once offer to buy the wool one right off my head and she was serious. Highly recommended hat and distinctive but timeless all the same.

6 323
 02-23-2013, 04:24 AM
  • Snuff
  • Belgium
User Info
You must be better looking then you think ;-)

When I tell people that I'm retired they often say you look great for your age, until they hear I retired at 51 (normally people here retire at age 65 but it soon will go up as there is no more money to pay pensions).

Those Tilley hats look a lot like a hat I bought many years ago from Australia (cant' remember the name).

26 1,243
 02-23-2013, 04:34 AM
User Info
Find its amazing what a little(lot) of hair dye will do for you.
( Just make sure that if your still looking; that your collar and cuffs match.)

5 410