02-14-2013, 10:05 PM
User Info
I've recently been reading on the board about how great a shave you can get from a Schick Injector and how long the blades last. So I mosyed on over to ebay and bought 3 or 4 cheap ones. Couple of Model E and a G or two also an I. I wanted to get 3 or 4 shaves in before I posted here and the time has come. These are great little razors and they give an easy care free BBS shave. They almost take the fun out of my nightly shave.

With my DE being heavy and what I took a nice long time getting through my 3 pass shave. Smooth short strokes making sure not to cut my lip off...not so with the light little injector. It just whizzes around my face at previously unattainable speeds in every direction.

Now there is no way I'm going to let this little razor completely take over, but it has impressed me enough to earn a spot in my rotation. It also works wonders for shaving my head! I thought it would be too light but it glides along smooth and mows them hairs down in one pass!

If anyone is considering a Schick Injector I say go for it! I got one of mine for .99 cents. Blades can be found on amazon for $20 for 24 blades.

Oh and the obligatory YMMV!

Chris

0 74
 02-15-2013, 06:34 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Welcome to the world of Schick Injectors. Two of my Schick Injectors are such prized possessions that I have them in my safe deposit box at the bank.

173 23,490
 02-15-2013, 06:40 AM
  • slantman
  • Expert Shaver
  • Leesburg, Florida
User Info
Congratulations Chris. Injectors are super great its too bad they are not made any longer.

100 12,437
 02-15-2013, 07:27 AM
User Info
I haven't used any of my injectors in months.

it might be that time again.

40 5,830
 02-15-2013, 08:15 AM
  • geezer
  • Menomonie, Western WI
User Info
Congratulations! A good blade is the secret to very nice shaves! Stainless only!
~Richard

8 1,190
 02-15-2013, 10:26 AM
  • bjorney
  • Los Angeles
User Info
I love my injectors too. I have a couple of Gs that give wonderful, safe shaves and a pair of Es that give even better, less-safe shaves. For some reason I keep forgetting about them for weeks at a time in favor of my micromatics, my 1914 and a couple of DEs. It may be the light weight and cartridge-like ease of use.

I think I'll give one of my Gs to my 17 year old son. He still uses a 5-blade cartridge for his infrequent shaves. The G injector should be an easy crossover point to single-blade shaving.

0 911
 02-15-2013, 10:38 AM
User Info
(02-15-2013, 10:26 AM)bjorney Wrote: I love my injectors too. I have a couple of Gs that give wonderful, safe shaves and a pair of Es that give even better, less-safe shaves. For some reason I keep forgetting about them for weeks at a time in favor of my micromatics, my 1914 and a couple of DEs. It may be the light weight and cartridge-like ease of use.

I think I'll give one of my Gs to my 17 year old son. He still uses a 5-blade cartridge for his infrequent shaves. The G injector should be an easy crossover point to single-blade shaving.

I've also found there to be a difference between the E & G (E being more aggressive) despite a well read SE lover saying that the heads on the E & G are the same.

31 7,912
 02-15-2013, 06:05 PM
User Info
Sounds great Chris,

Took me a while to give injectors a chance,I thought they were cheep cheesy lite-weight little misfits of the shaving world.I was 100% wrong,what a wonderfully sweet performance they provide.

The Made In China Shick blades are quite popular,here's another option for blades that I prefer to use:

http://connaughtshaving.com/injectorblades.html

7 414
 02-15-2013, 06:11 PM
User Info
(02-15-2013, 06:05 PM)razorx Wrote: Sounds great Chris,

Took me a while to give injectors a chance,I thought they were cheep cheesy lite-weight little misfits of the shaving world.I was 100% wrong,what a wonderfully sweet performance they provide.

The Made In China Shick blades are quite popular,here's another option for blades that I prefer to use:

http://connaughtshaving.com/injectorblades.html

Thanks for the link, I'd like to try something other than the China Schick blades even though they do seem to work quite well.

Chris

0 74
 02-15-2013, 11:27 PM
User Info
(02-15-2013, 06:34 AM)Johnny Wrote: Welcome to the world of Schick Injectors. Two of my Schick Injectors are such prized possessions that I have them in my safe deposit box at the bank.

Seems like a lot of work to have to run to the bank every time you want to shave.

[Image: awesomeface.gif]

4 309
 02-16-2013, 12:09 AM
User Info
I'm a big fan of both my G and M types, and get great shaves using them with the schick blades available locally.

2 33
 07-16-2013, 04:48 PM
  • Jeff
  • Stingraysrock
  • Lakeland, FL
User Info
I just gave my mom (born 1955) a G5 Turquoise handle razor wih a full bottle of KMF Unscented and a pack of Topco blades. She mentioned that her mom ( my Grandma, born 1923) used to shave with an identical razor.

Mom was tired of using a six month old Daisy razor!

Awesome convert!

1 117
 07-16-2013, 04:56 PM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Way to go Jeff. Keep Mom happy.

173 23,490