02-15-2013, 11:35 AM
User Info
I've had this Tanifuji Rikishia for years. It's always been one of the best shavers for me, and takes a wicked edge.
After spending the last 50 years or so in it's coffin in a warehouse somewhere, the faux ivory scales were pretty badly misshapen. I straightened them once, but they returned to their bowed condition... Hard to undo half a century of memory for the plastic.
I considered this razor nice enough to send it off to the best in the business.. Maximilian out in Las Vegas. He's done work for me before, and nothing leaves his shop unless it is 110%.
I asked for yellow, but other than that, Max had artistic license to express himself as he pleased. I think the results speak for themselves...

I'm very happy with it, and touched it up on the Oozuko Asagi just because. I'm looking forward to tomorrows shave.. And BTW, if you look closely, you can see the Rickshaw stamped on the tang..

And, for those that would like to peruse Max' work, and perhaps lust after a razor or two, here is his website..

The Rikishia...

[Image: c693bd7c-38a5-4702-9378-53f072dcd56d_zpsd8a4c6a4.jpg]

0 301
 02-15-2013, 11:48 AM
  • mikeperry
  • St Louis via the UK
User Info

Beautiful restoration and there's something very! nice about that photograph which makes the blade "pop" from the screen Clap

Take care, Mike

23 1,872
 02-15-2013, 11:54 AM
User Info
Being a big fan of Japanese steel, and a owner of a few NOS Japanese straights, that razor would be right up my street, and being a long time member of the SRP we all know how good Max is, a fantastic looking razor and outstanding work by Max.

5 1,787
 02-15-2013, 12:10 PM
User Info
Thanks gents..

There is a dark spot on the yellow scales. That is not on the scales, but a spec of dust on the camera's sensor. I must have the sensor cleaned!

0 301
 02-15-2013, 07:53 PM
  • Johnny
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
That is a beautiful razor. Max does really nice work.

173 23,289