02-15-2013, 06:23 PM
  • dgtroy
  • Ex-Lurker
  • Sunland, California
User Info
Hello Gentalmen, I am a newbie to threads but have a particular problem. I am breaking out and not sure if it is from our laundry soap in my clothes. I have been using talc to help with the itching. Dreft detergent is very pricy was looking for something easier on my budget. Something for my skin while bathing and after. Anyone with sensitive skin had a similar problem have any ideas what would help. Thanks!

0 5
 02-15-2013, 06:27 PM
User Info
Stirling Soap sells detergent - don't know anything about it, but his bath & shave soaps are great!

47 1,112
 02-16-2013, 07:04 AM
User Info
Would suggest going back to whatever you were using before you started to "break out". You mention laundry soap, so perhaps that is it. Use the one before you started itching just to verify that that new brand of detergent is what really did it. Then go from there.

3 543
 02-19-2013, 10:49 PM
User Info
I would try unscented laundry detergent and for itchy skin get yourself some Aveeno or even plain oatmeal might do in your bath.

1 316
 02-20-2013, 06:02 PM
  • OldDog23
  • BeanTown MetroWest
User Info
until my early adult life, I wasn't having a laundry detergent issue. then, it happened quickly in my late 20's, then, ever since. after that, I then started to have bath soap issues. sometimes sensitivity issues build over time. then it went on to having irritation with shaving related preps and frags. alot of what is sold as bath soap, is a "detergent" bar. many of the common/mainstream ones sold here make my hide feel itchy and pickled all day. Oh,...and while talc sounds like a good tactic,....talc makes me have something that looks like "prickly heat" after using it for more than 2 days in a row. so I gotta be watchful there, also. But it might not be the talc itself....could be the frag in it. My dermo-guy is the one who put me wise to chems and scents....he said that while there are alot of reliable tests for foodstuffs, plants, pollens, and such, there were very few to pinpoint chem sensitivity, because there are so many 10's of thousands of chems. frags and dyes are the worst offenders. now the search begins for what you can use, and what you should steer clear of. good luck.

0 1,291
 02-20-2013, 06:18 PM
User Info
For me its a gluten sensitivity, have to steer clear of pretty much all grains (including corn and oatmeal) because most end up getting contaminated with wheat during processing.

47 1,112
 06-08-2013, 06:44 PM
User Info
I have experienced this in the past. It has not been an issue for a couple of years since I started using Mrs. Meyers Laundry Soap. I would also recommend not using any softener sheets in the dryer. Good Luck!

1 622