04-01-2012, 03:46 PM
User Info
Hello Shave Nook,

Thank you for the amazing reception you have given to our handle and Tradere, which is pronounced tray-dare-ray and is Latin with the meaning we are using being- “to pass on, as in to posterity”. Our introductory handle sale is now concluded. The volume of orders for handles that have come in has been great. The first production run of handles is finished and I will pick up the remaining part of the order early next week. We are shipping handles daily and are up to date on all orders placed before the weekend. Razor heads are scheduled for April production and should be shipping the first week of May.

The handles are now available at the regular price of $44 through http://www.bullgooseshaving.net/ and http://www.westcoastshaving.com/, or by contacting us at tradaererazors@gmail.com. Our razors will also be offered through these two vendors.

Ordering from these two superb vendors will help me concentrate on new product development and production because we have some great plans for the next year. We have already begun preliminary design work on a new slant razor that I planning for our next offering.

Set forth below are some pictures of our new OC razor, as promised for today. Our razors will be a three-piece razor, rather than the two-piece design of the Pils. This way you may use the head and handle interchangeably with other items you own. Production of the OC will be during April and we expect to start shipping the heads and complete razors the first week of May, in plenty of time for Father’s Day.

Each razor’s bottom plate will bear the company name, a model code and a serial number, and that the razor is made in USA. The first ten serial numbers are reserved for the company archives, close associates and my testing group, as they have not been paid. All other serial numbers will be assigned randomly by random.org. Specific serial number requests will not be entertained.

The razor head in the photos is a rough finished prototype, while the handle in the photos is an actual production handle. The production heads will be better finished, and may vary slightly from the photo, as we reserve the right to make small changes during the production process.

This is the only prototype of the final version I have. One is out to a reseller for testing and the other is still circulating amongst my regular testing team. We have tested the razor with a variety of available blades and the testers have reported good results across the spectrum of blades. Their regular favorites are still their favorites with our razor. But, as always YMMV.

I have gotten a lot of questions on aggressiveness. This is not a highly aggressive razor; this is an open comb designed for the middle of the aggressiveness scale. It is aggressive enough to know you are shaving, with audible feedback, but not at all off putting. As you might imagine, setting the aggression was the most hotly contested issue amongst my development group.

The regular pricing on the complete razor set is $150 shipped to the US, $158 shipped to Canada or Mexico and $161 shipped to the rest of the world. All shipments from us will go USPS small flat rate priority. All razors include the hard shell travel case pictured. Part of our streamlining effort was to choose a case that would also serve as the packaging for shipment in a USPS small flat rate box. There is no mark up on the case, it is being included at my cost-but it is not optional.

The price may seem on the high side, but it is by far the lowest priced of all the full stainless machined razors on the market. It is $75 less than the Pils; a full 1/3 less. We were able to bring it in at this price by working on smaller gross margins and streamlining all possible processes, but not by sacrificing quality of build or choice of materials. I think it is going to be the first fully machined razor that has been made in the US for a quite a long time.

I am extremely grateful to those of you who early adopted the handle, as it helped me fund the rest of the R&D costs for this venture. So, you have been an important part of making the razor come to life. You will be assured of a head numbered within the first 200 produced, even if I increase the run.

As I promised for those who bought their handles before this posting, you may order a head, and included case at an introductory 20% discount, or $120 total cost US, $128 Canada, and $131 for those located elsewhere. You folks may choose to take a credit for the $35 you paid for the handle, so the net prices would be $85, $93, and $96, respectively, or you may choose to just get the full kit with an additional handle.

Both Phil at Bullgoose and John at West Coast placed orders, essentially sight unseen, to help get this going and have been terrific with their patient support, help and advice.

At this time, the first production run is set at 200 heads and a good number of heads are already accounted for by wholesale orders and an expectation that many of the early handle purchasers will opt in. If I need to, I can increase the initial run, so if you want to be on a wait list contact Phil at Bullgoose, John at West Coast, or me at tradererazors@gmail.com.

Thanks for reading this rather long post and please enjoy the photos. If there are specific shots you want to see, please let me know in this thread.

Attached Files Image(s)

3 68
 04-01-2012, 03:52 PM
  • Dave
  • Moderator Emeritus
User Info
Looks great Richard!!!

116 3,804
 04-01-2012, 04:07 PM
User Info
Looks great. Just sent an email.

Larry

0 39
 04-01-2012, 04:20 PM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Richard, that's very nice. Looking forward to May.

173 23,533
 04-01-2012, 04:23 PM
User Info
(04-01-2012, 04:20 PM)Johnny Wrote: Looking forward to May.

Me too. I'm on the wait list.

184 12,003
 04-01-2012, 04:26 PM
  • etoyoc
  • NW Indiana
User Info
Oh man.... Now I gotta hope someone buys off those extra pens so I can replenish my PayPal account!

0 253
 04-01-2012, 04:41 PM
User Info
No one has said it yet and I can't wait...
A new slant head razor? Did I read that right? I may be a bit light headed & dizzy at the thougt. If it happens to also be open comb the someone needs to have the paramedics on standby.

31 7,912
 04-01-2012, 04:47 PM
  • etoyoc
  • NW Indiana
User Info
(04-01-2012, 04:41 PM)SharpSpine Wrote: No one has said it yet and I can't wait...
A new slant head razor? Did I read that right? I may be a bit light headed & dizzy at the thougt. If it happens to also be open comb the someone needs to have the paramedics on standby.

I saw that too... we need a drooling emoticon

0 253
 04-01-2012, 04:49 PM
User Info
Looking very nice. Ready to have the razor loaded with one my favorite blades.

29 1,731
 04-01-2012, 05:00 PM
User Info
(04-01-2012, 04:23 PM)churchilllafemme Wrote:
(04-01-2012, 04:20 PM)Johnny Wrote: Looking forward to May.

Me too. I'm on the wait list.

That's looking great. I need to get on the wait list.

0 221
 04-01-2012, 06:19 PM
User Info
(04-01-2012, 04:49 PM)ridgerunner Wrote: Looking very nice. Ready to have the razor loaded with one my favorite blades.

Speaking of loaded with a favorite blade, could we get a shot of it with a blade? Does the head arc the blade or keep it flat as the Pils does? I can't wait to get this in the shave cave!

3 195
 04-01-2012, 07:13 PM
  • TexBilly
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Austin, TX
User Info
Beautiful, Richard!! Email sent....

35 2,703
 04-01-2012, 08:18 PM
  • Tonality
  • Attempted Soap Sabbatical
  • Boston
User Info
(04-01-2012, 06:19 PM)Dirty Texan Wrote: Speaking of loaded with a favorite blade, could we get a shot of it with a blade? Does the head arc the blade or keep it flat as the Pils does? I can't wait to get this in the shave cave!

+1, I'd love to see how it looks with a blade in it, also with the head disassembled!

35 1,732
 04-01-2012, 09:18 PM
  • Harvey
  • North Hills CA
User Info
Me too..e-mail sent. Had to enlarge the cave again..oh well..hammer and chisel here we go again !!!!!!Lightbulb

6 1,913
 04-02-2012, 03:26 AM
  • Dave
  • Moderator Emeritus
User Info
If Richard puts out a slant head, then all we need is an adjustable head, closed comb head, injector head, and a SE head and there'd be only the need for one razor.

116 3,804
 04-02-2012, 03:40 AM
User Info
Yes, we are already working on a slant. Whether it will be fully open comb or not is yet to be decided. Until I brought a few slants in for them to see the engineering folks were not getting the idea. When they saw a few of the razors, it started to click, Lightbulb and now they are trying to program in the appropriate "twist" into our head design. My guess is after their first go at it, I will either not get a shave at all or need to go find my styptic pencil. We shall seeRolleyes.

Sure here is a picture with a blade in; my photo skills are improving, but are not there yet:

Attached Files Image(s)

3 68
 04-02-2012, 09:58 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
(04-01-2012, 04:47 PM)etoyoc Wrote:
(04-01-2012, 04:41 PM)SharpSpine Wrote: No one has said it yet and I can't wait...

I saw that too... we need a drooling emoticon

BabeandoBabeandoBabeandoBabeando

173 23,533
 04-02-2012, 10:42 AM
  • slantman
  • Expert Shaver
  • Leesburg, Florida
User Info
(04-02-2012, 03:40 AM)natchez Wrote: Yes, we are already working on a slant. Whether it will be fully open comb or not is yet to be decided. Until I brought a few slants in for them to see the engineering folks were not getting the idea. When they saw a few of the razors, it started to click, Lightbulb and now they are trying to program in the appropriate "twist" into our head design. My guess is after their first go at it, I will either not get a shave at all or need to go find my styptic pencil. We shall seeRolleyes.

Sure here is a picture with a blade in; my photo skills are improving, but are not there yet:

This is very exciting news. A stainless steel slant possibly open comb. Wow

100 12,442
 04-02-2012, 11:29 AM
User Info
(04-02-2012, 10:42 AM)slantman Wrote: This is very exciting news. A stainless steel slant possibly open comb. Wow

I'm new to this site, and this just made my day!

72 1,407
 04-02-2012, 11:52 AM
User Info
fantastic news, pm sent
now have to wait till may
then maybe open comb head ,time to save !!!!!

0 33