02-27-2012, 05:12 AM
User Info
Answering to a question posted by an user of another forum, I decided to write this thread, in order to show the differences between the old Erasmic Shaving cream and the new version that sells nowadays in the British market - and also in many on-line shops.

In all the photos, the old version is featured in the upper side of the photo, the "New Improved Formula" in the lower side.

The new package features the words "New Improved Formula" in the lower right side, and it is bigger than the old package.

[Image: P1050376.jpg]

The tube (of the "New Improved Formula") is now a plastic one, with a large black stopper, instead of the metal tube (with the red stopper) of the old version. The black plastic stopper allows the tube of the new version to easily stand vertically.

[Image: P1050377.jpg]

And the ingredients list has changed, also, is now totally different. It features chamomile extract. Again, old version on the upper side of the image, the new version on the lower side.

[Image: P1050379.jpg]

As for the performance, I didn't found significant differences between the two versions. But I prefer the old version - I like the scent of the old Erasmic formula. The new version has a different, more generic scent.

The old version was bought at connaughtshaving (they still have some stock), the new version was bought locally at a "Savers" drug-store during a trip to London.

2 5,511
 02-28-2012, 02:01 PM
User Info
I have the 'New Improved' and enjoy it greatly. It really exceeds it's cost as far as performance is concerned.

0 252
 03-06-2012, 06:01 AM
User Info
(02-28-2012, 02:01 PM)GeneAut Wrote: I have the 'New Improved' and enjoy it greatly. It really exceeds it's cost as far as performance is concerned.

Couldn't agree more. In UK, its price is ~£1 or so, and the quality is very good. A good cream at an excellent price. Smile
IMHO, I couldn't find any difference (performancewise) between the two versions. My preference for the "old" one is merely based on the scent.

2 5,511
 03-06-2012, 07:38 AM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
Thanks for the comparing then,my friend.It reminds me of the Erasmic tallow stick vs the Erasmic veggie stick.Thank goodness that Erasmic revert back to the tallow formulation since the veggie stick was such a crappy thing.
When I read "new improved",sometimes dunno if I have to believe it and it seems that this time,the old performs better than the new.
I have tried the old shaving cream but I really like the tallow stick much more,even its scent its much better for me.

86 7,123
 03-06-2012, 09:42 PM
  • Mynorx
  • Southern California
User Info
Hmm. New formulation you say? I like the original one, reminds me of LA county school soap. brings back childhood memories. I will have to get the new formula.

1 264
 04-21-2013, 09:53 AM
User Info
I might give it a try. I had a few tubes of the old version, took one with me on a short road trip, and by the end of the week, I was quite burned out on the fragrance, so I quickly sold it all. If you're saying the old one smelled better than the new one, then maybe the new one is the worst smelling cream of all time???

24 1,111
 04-22-2013, 01:08 AM
User Info
Well... IMMV, as always...!
Some people like the scent, some people don't. I like it.

Fortunately, there is plenty of choices in the market for everyone. Cool

2 5,511