02-17-2013, 02:17 PM
User Info
Celar36 was kind enough to send me a tube each of Bond, Lider and Wars. The short story is that is my ranking from best to worst of the 3. The good news is that each is pretty good and even the Wars is far from terrible, not even below average.

Be advised, I have extremely soft water. Your results may be different.

I first used the Lider and what passes for an indepth review on my part is found here. I quite agree with what others wrote in that review.

Next up was the Wars. I used the same amount of cream as I did for the Lider and was disappointed. It was useable, just not as good as I expected, and my expectations were high. Day 2 I used approximately 50% more and the performance was good. I didn't think it was as good as the Lider and I'm not certain as to why, but I got that impression. Understand, it wasn't below even average performance, it was actually quite good, but compared to Lider it lacked something. Probably the silkiness of the Lider.

OK so today I opened and used the Bond. I used the same amount (approx) as the Lider and was absolutely blown away. I used 2 3/8" (1cm) squeezes, maybe 1/2 a snurdle in total; each squeeze put on a finger and spread on each cheek. I begin with a relatively dry (it isn't "dry") brush and add water by dipping the brush, working it in as I facelather, taking my time and slowly building the lather. As I did this I was wondering if the lather would ever actually start to show itself. It definitely took it's time. Then it began to lather. Gents, this cream WANTS to be an ultralather. I kept adding water and building the lather and at no point did it ever begin to be anything but an ultralather, and I added quite a bit of water. I suspect I can back off on what I used and still get the ultralather that I want without any problem. I didn't take it to the breakdown point. I also never got just a simple lather. The lather was stable, thick with ultra fine bubbles and the distinctive satiny sheen of an UL, it had great cushion, glide and slickness. This is a definite keeper (as is the Lider).

I think I prefer the scent of the Lider, but the Bond has a citrus undernote and try as I might I could just detect scent that smelled like a nondescript perfumed soap scent. Probably synthetic, but not annoying and I'm (or used to be) sensitive to strong scent. This wasn't annoying, it was just there.

Unlike the Wars when I followed it with my AS I didn't smell Bond all day long. That's a plus. I did smell Wars all day. Lider too didn't give me it's scent all day. I like products that do their job and then know when to leave.

Of these 3 creams I give the highest marks to Bond, high marks to Lider and an honorable mention to Wars. But Wars in no way is a below average product, it just it's bad luck to be compared to 2 really superb products.

IMO, The only way someone won't like these products is if they don't like strong scents. They are typical creams and most creams are quite strong to my nose. (except KissMyFace)

I simply can't escape asking myself this question... If the rest of the world can make really superb inexpensive soaps and creams why can't we? Yes we have KMF, and it's extremely good, but any other really good stuff is an artisan product (am I missing anything?). Maybe we just don't have enough market to sustain it. In the meantime I'm happy that we have the internet, international shipping, and friends who care enough to share, Thanks Jack! Truly the Golden Age of blade shaving.

32 6,311
 02-17-2013, 02:23 PM
  • celar36
  • Enjoying Life 1 shave at time
  • London, UK
User Info
Happy to help and I just remind myself Bond is my brother long time runner, he prefer it over Harris, Speick and few others. My father on other hand used Bond cream for many years but recently he like weirdly bond foam.

11 861
 02-17-2013, 02:41 PM
User Info
Thanks for the review!

Sounds like some interesting creams. I agree with you about it being a little odd to not have many great creams on this side of the pond.

Maybe a certain great aftershave maker can correct that someday Biggrin It might be a PITA to formulate?

6 1,224
 02-17-2013, 02:42 PM
  • JAYDEE
  • Israeli Ambassador
  • Montreal, Canada
User Info
Gentlemen, as we all know - it's a case of YMMV. To me, the Wars is the number one cream from Poland, the Lider Classic is up there also, but not quite as good as the Wars, and the Bond Fresh which I have is just so-so. I'll use it until it's finished, but whereas I would do anything to keep the other two, once I finish the Bond I don't want it again.

3 2,562
 02-17-2013, 02:45 PM
  • celar36
  • London, UK
User Info
Bond I send him is new reformulated with Aloe Vera. Is that one you have?

11 861
 02-17-2013, 03:10 PM
  • JAYDEE
  • Israeli Ambassador
  • Montreal, Canada
User Info
(02-17-2013, 02:45 PM)celar36 Wrote: Bond I send him is new reformulated with Aloe Vera. Is that one you have?

Yes, it is.

Attached Files Image(s)

3 2,562
 02-17-2013, 03:14 PM
  • celar36
  • London, UK
User Info
Thats interesting but you are right YMMV. I love Wars scent as it is traditional Polish scent for me but sadly dont work for me at all. Bond is my top performer for Polish creams but in UK I have really hard water so I use them back in Poland at family trips.

11 861
 02-17-2013, 03:16 PM
User Info
(02-17-2013, 02:41 PM)Nickadermis Wrote: Thanks for the review!

Sounds like some interesting creams. I agree with you about it being a little odd to not have many great creams on this side of the pond.

Maybe a certain great aftershave maker can correct that someday Biggrin It might be a PITA to formulate?

Eric, I think that maker has his hands busy just doing what he's doing. He's retired and got hooked into resupplying the AS addicts that he created out of his own sheer ignorance. Actually, I enjoy doing it. It's fun, gives me great product for my own use and some spend money. As long as I can buy great soaps and creams I'll never make any, and I don't see any end to that in sight. Even if I do write in jest about the great coming "shavepocalypse" at times.

I do appreciate the kind words though!

32 6,311
 02-18-2013, 12:51 PM
  • JAYDEE
  • Israeli Ambassador
  • Montreal, Canada
User Info
(02-17-2013, 03:14 PM)celar36 Wrote: Thats interesting but you are right YMMV. I love Wars scent as it is traditional Polish scent for me but sadly dont work for me at all. Bond is my top performer for Polish creams but in UK I have really hard water so I use them back in Poland at family trips.

Jack, I am very happy with the skincare I get from the Wars and the Lider creams. To me, the Wars smells so nice and traditional and it goes very well with an eau de toilette which I wear regularly. The Lider Classic scent is also very nice and the cream seems to be refreshing and slightly cooling. Are you familiar with these creams called Wiarus, Yego, or Carrefour? From what I understand they are also Polish-produced. Smile

3 2,562
 02-18-2013, 01:05 PM
  • celar36
  • London, UK
User Info
I heard about them but never get myself to buy them, if you say they are good I might buy them on my next family visit in my homeland.

11 861
 02-18-2013, 01:56 PM
  • JAYDEE
  • Israeli Ambassador
  • Montreal, Canada
User Info
(02-18-2013, 01:05 PM)celar36 Wrote: I heard about them but never get myself to buy them, if you say they are good I might buy them on my next family visit in my homeland.

I don't know them myself. Blush The only Polish creams I have used are Bond Fresh, Lider Classic, Wars, and Kanion.

3 2,562