02-18-2013, 08:41 PM
User Info
Which website do you guys prefer to order from? West coast? Italian barber? amazon? Thanks

Knock

0 9
 02-18-2013, 08:50 PM
  • Arcadies
  • Greeneville, TN
User Info
I bounce around, some vendors are better stocked on certain items (Italian Barber and RazoRock for instance) and also depending on final price. Many English/German products I order from the UK as they are usually much lower priced.
I also only buy from the ones I know I'll get top notch service from.

Anyway, my main list of favorite vendors is;

Bullgoose
West Coast Shaving
Royal Shave (They also have a excellent pomade shop)
Connaught Shaving
Italian Barber
Shaving.ie
The Superior Shave

There are others but these take care of 90% my needs.

31 1,510
 02-18-2013, 09:13 PM
  • Shaun
  • St Peters, NSW, Australia
User Info
Depends on what you're looking for.

0 1,625
 02-18-2013, 09:21 PM
User Info
(02-18-2013, 09:13 PM)Shaun Wrote: Depends on what you're looking for.

Also depends on where you are - shipping and customs can play a role in where I choose to buy from as well. That said there are a LOT of places out there to get supplies from (some of the best one advertise on the front page of the Nook Wink) but at least to me there isn't a single place that can offer everything.

In addition I prefer the smaller places, since they tend to be run be people passionate about their merchandise (this holds true for non-shave supplies too).

3 3,580
 02-18-2013, 09:48 PM
  • Shaun
  • St Peters, NSW, Australia
User Info
(02-18-2013, 09:21 PM)WegianWarrior Wrote:
(02-18-2013, 09:13 PM)Shaun Wrote: Depends on what you're looking for.

Also depends on where you are - shipping and customs can play a role in where I choose to buy from as well. That said there are a LOT of places out there to get supplies from (some of the best one advertise on the front page of the Nook Wink) but at least to me there isn't a single place that can offer everything.

In addition I prefer the smaller places, since they tend to be run be people passionate about their merchandise (this holds true for non-shave supplies too).

I totally agree with you, yes.

0 1,625
 02-19-2013, 04:52 AM
User Info
Bullgoose, ItalianBarber and giftsandcare have about everything I need. Occasionally I use Amazon as well.

31 1,800
 02-19-2013, 05:11 AM
User Info
Knokahoma, it would help to tell us in which part of the Globe you live. Wink

As I live in Europe, my usual suppliers are mainly European - it is generally easier and cheaper for me.
The increasing USPS shipping taxes - and customs taxes as well - are generally a deal breaker for me, in what concerns to non-European suppliers.

2 5,532
 02-19-2013, 05:30 AM
  • ben74
  • Administrator
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
I reside in Australia and purchase predominately from Phil at Bullgoose...

91 17,876
 02-19-2013, 07:10 AM
  • Agravic
  • Emeritus
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
I agree with all that has been said ... I use a handful of vendors who are focused on shaving needs ... each vendor is suited best for certain products ... better quality and service.

I avoid Amazon for shaving supplies ... I've been burned one time too many in terms of 'stale' or 'damaged' products. You get what you pay for, it seems, in this case.

102 17,671
 02-19-2013, 07:18 AM
  • tgutc
  • Michigan
User Info
Bullgoose and Italian Barber is who I order from the most. As a general rule I try to stick to the vendors who are members of this site. If you go to are Vendor thread you can see a list of those vendors. This is just my opinion but Bullgoose has the best customer service I've ever dealt with.

45 3,955
 02-19-2013, 09:08 AM
  • Theido
  • Shave Stick Proponent
  • Colorado
User Info
I usually buy from Italian Barber.

Occasionally I'll buy from Amazon if I only want one item and it comes with free shipping from there.

1 111
 02-19-2013, 04:05 PM
  • celar36
  • Enjoying Life 1 shave at time
  • London, UK
User Info
Connaught Shaving (cheapest for me in UK) and if I can can trip to LondonSmile

11 861
 02-19-2013, 04:44 PM
User Info
The first site I check is BullGoose. If he doesn't have what I want then I use whoever. I try to stay in the forum family though. It only makes sense to support the site I use most.

32 6,311
 02-19-2013, 07:11 PM
  • Songwind
  • Soap Slinger & Scuttle Pusher
  • Burnsville, MN
User Info
Bullgoose and Italian Barber are my go-to places to shop. I have used West Coast Shaving satisfactorily, too.

VintageScent over in Portugal is the place to go if you want a Semogue brush, most of the time. The downside is the longer ship times.

Amazon can be okay - I get free shipping with Prime. However, I have read more than a couple of stories of soaps and creams that are dried out or scentless, because they have sat in a warehouse for a long time. So make of that what you will. I have bought a couple of soaps and the supplies for a friend's birthday kit there without issues.

10 1,858
 02-19-2013, 07:17 PM
User Info
Sorry, I live in the Southeastern US.

0 9
 02-19-2013, 07:23 PM
User Info
I have used Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, Vintage Blades LLC, Vintage Scent and Mike's Natural Soaps. So far they have all been great. I look mostly for the lowest price on things who ever that may be. I've got to order from Phil hopefully soon!

2 805
 02-19-2013, 08:33 PM
User Info
I like the fellow vendors and try to spread things around. Keep it local I say.

6 323
 02-19-2013, 09:13 PM
  • savagejoerude
  • If you ain't a LOSER, you ain't livin'!!
  • New Orleans USA
User Info
Hey Nockahoma I'm in New Orleans and I have dealt w/ Phil at Bullgoose and Westcoast Shaving. I try to be able to find as much locally as I can. Some Mom and Pop pharmacies have been good. Chain pharmacies too. I like to shop around. I get some blades on Amazon but if you want special blades/soaps/scents/brushes you have to see a vendor. I am into vintage razors. That means Buy/sell/trade threads and e-bay. Happy Shaves !!!

5 1,151
 02-20-2013, 08:40 AM
User Info
The Superior Shave is based in Jacksonville, so shipping might be quicker to that area. Then again, Bullgoose's shipping is almost magical so you can buy with the utmost confidence there.

My general places for perusal/"wish lists"/almost buys/buys (no particular order):

Bullgoose
West Coast Shaving
The Superior Shave
Connaught Shaving
Lee's Razors
Italian Barber
and my off-beat site for large orders of Mitchell's Wool Fat: Wingham Wool Work

72 1,407
 02-20-2013, 09:16 AM
User Info
Great list of vendors in previous posts.

I'll add Mystic4Men.com for Mystic Water's excellent shave soaps.

Superfast, Phil-like shipping.

3 452