02-21-2013, 02:29 AM
  • Shaun
  • St Peters, NSW, Australia
User Info
No so sure about this splash; it seems a bit 'obvious' or something, and the fragrance seems to simply fade rather than modify revealing subtle base notes etc. Cheapish.

It's good with a small pea-sized blob of 444 para depois de barbear, though. Seems to moderate the slightly sourish scent I feel the La Toja has.

The effect, however, in terms of face-feeling, is very good; smooth, supple, not too dry, just ahhh....

I get this feeling I must smell like a creepy, cologne-soused old man when I am on the bus, though. Paranoid or what? At least I don't wear a terribly obvious wig and a transparent body-shirt with the top four buttons strategically unbuttoned. I wouldn't stoop to wearing bell-bottoms though. Because I am in my mid-fifties, my trousers are now flared at the top. Dodgy

Perhaps the scent will grow on me, and I hope it does, but at this stage it comes a poor second to Speick IMO. We are all different in our tastes though. If you like it, cool.

I'd be interested in hearing what others think.

0 1,620
 02-21-2013, 04:20 AM
User Info
(02-21-2013, 02:29 AM)Shaun Wrote: I wouldn't stoop to wearing bell-bottoms though. Because I am in my mid-fifties, my trousers are now flared at the top. Dodgy

I have no experience yet with La Toja, but this gave me a good chuckle this morning Smile

31 1,800
 02-21-2013, 04:25 AM
User Info
I found it to be a slightly lighter version of Musgo Real (but that's my sniffer). Like the scent well enough, but both it and the Musgo projected too much for me (like a heavy edt or edc).

23 212
 02-21-2013, 04:32 AM
User Info
Quote:Shaun@ I get this feeling I must smell like a creepy, cologne-soused old man when I am on the bus, though. Paranoid or what? At least I don't wear a terribly obvious wig and a transparent body-shirt with the top four buttons strategically unbuttoned. I wouldn't stoop to wearing bell-bottoms though. Because I am in my mid-fifties, my trousers are now flared at the top.
Ha,ha,this made my day...Smile

0 221
 02-21-2013, 08:51 AM
  • tgutc
  • Michigan
User Info
It's one of my favorites. I like the scent and agree it's similar to Musgo Real. Pretty good healing properties IMO. I think the Classic is a pretty good value given the size of the bottle. I have the Manantiales Splash also and I can't figure out why it's more money and it's 50ml less. They seems very similar to me.

45 3,955
 02-21-2013, 01:24 PM
  • Shaun
  • St Peters, NSW, Australia
User Info
AsI understand it, it's exactly the same stuff.

0 1,620
 02-21-2013, 03:37 PM
User Info
The La Toja Classic and La Toja Manantiales After Shave Lotions have the exact same ingredients and scent. They would appear to be the same product other than packaging and the fact that on a per ounce basis, the Manatiales is about twice the price of the Classic. La Toja obviously prices the Manantiales product line at a premium.

0 3,341