04-06-2012, 11:14 AM
  • MrGuy
  • Black Hills of SD
User Info
I play golf, but only in the sense that I have clubs, some tees and balls, and a couple 9 hole places that I can get on without much advanced notice. I lived in the Phoenix area for a while, so I have been on some VERY nice courses, but the little 9 holes are about all we have here. There's a newer course that has been built "into" the hills (how do they describe it, "minimal invasion", or "naturally designed", something like that) about 30 minutes from me, I really want to go there some day.

1 73
 04-06-2012, 01:21 PM
User Info
I could never really get into golf but one of my sisters used to play off scratch when she was younger.
I was always into road cycling and did spend 8 years semi-pro.

Gary

0 213
 02-10-2018, 02:46 PM
  • Mouser
  • Forest City, Florida U.S.A.
User Info
All my life all my friends played golf. I played everything else. City league basketball, baseball. I looked down on golf actually as being " less than"
 Then in my early thirties I gave it a try and was hooked
 My friends were scratch or near scratch golfers and taught me to play ready golf. Because of our occupations we could play early Friday afternoons and get in 18 on 2 ,2 and a half hours. Because of my back I didn't have much of a turn, my driver swing was as long as other people' 9 iron. But I put myself into it and got to a 12 handicap in about a year and a half. I always played balata balls for the feel in the short game. I had Hogan forged Edge irons, and a Big Bertha driver I used off the carpet and a big headed ,extra long graphite shaft Yonex driver

7 2,396
 02-10-2018, 02:48 PM
  • Mouser
User Info
I was actually out by myself playing Errol Estate when my back went sideways permantly.

7 2,396
 02-10-2018, 03:19 PM
User Info
I have played golf since i was 12yrs old, i played in a junior golf league and all through school on the golf team, qualified for the state my senior year. i am 50yrs old now and still enjoy the game. A few years ago i got my wife to try it and now we play together 2-3 times a week weather permitting. I am a 7-handicap and occasionally will shoot an even par 9-holes. Have yet to have an ace but have been within 2", my highlight reel was a round in 2012 when i had 3 eagles in a row (par 5, par 4, par 5) was on the fringe of the par 4 on my drive and chipped in

37 658
 02-10-2018, 03:28 PM
  • Mouser
User Info
(02-10-2018, 03:19 PM)LuvWetShavin Wrote: I have played golf since i was 12yrs old, i played in a junior golf league and all through school on the golf team, qualified for the state my senior year. i am 50yrs old now and still enjoy the game. A few years ago i got my wife to try it and now we play together 2-3 times a week weather permitting. I am a 7-handicap and occasionally will shoot an even par 9-holes. Have yet to have an ace but have been within 2", my highlight reel was a round in 2012 when i had 3 eagles in a row (par 5, par 4, par 5) was on the fringe of the par 4 on my drive and chipped in
Good for you. And your wife. I too have nevet had a hole in one. Once on a par 3 I hit my tee shot o.b. two back on tee, swung from same spot, 3rd shot, in the hole for a par. My best friend has played all his life, played on state champion high school team and has had 7 holes in one. Stopped playing around 15 years ago when I had too. I witnessed 3 of his aces.  Number 7 was with a 7 iron, Titliest 7, 167 yards. Hand to God.

7 2,396