04-02-2012, 08:08 AM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
[Image: P1160971.jpg]

Thanks to a good friend,I was able to try one of these "new" (at the time) Queen Charlotte shaving cream.As we know,Queen Charlotte is a made in USA artisan brand,which uses tallow in many of their products.

[Image: P1160970.jpg]

This Esquire shaving cream has a really nice scent as have became in one of the popular ones of this brand : the scent its a mixture of sandalwood with some fresh notes,which gives this cream a warm and herbal scent.

According to the Queen Charlotte page, Esquire is :

Quote: a complex scent that starts with fresh, clean citrus notes, which are quickly joined by luxurious sandalwood. At the base, Esquire has a distinct dark, earthy note. Esquire smells classy, refined, and sophisticated.

Classy and sophisticated are two words that can define this shaving cream.

Lets have a look to its ingredients :

[Image: P1160973.jpg]

As we can read,this cream contains tallow,as well as olive and palm oil and stearic acid,as well as kaolin.

The texture of the cream is really dense,and I would say that if I leave it open for a week,would get hard as a tripple milled soap.

And how good is it lather?Well,an image is better than a thousand words,I would say.Here is a pic of the lather I made with this cream using a Semogue SOC two band brush (I test this brush with so many creams and soaps!!)

[Image: P1160413.jpg]

This cream provides a comfortable shave and has a lot of slickness.I do like how it leaves my skin after the shave,since I don't feel any dryness at all (I have a dry skin).If we add a really elegant scent,we have a good artisan made product.Well done for Queen Charlotte!

86 7,124
 04-02-2012, 08:19 AM
User Info
i used my Tangerine today and it was also amazing. i use the extra lather on my face during cleanup, skip the WH and applied some of my tester QCS ASB that i was privileged enough to get a sample of...

i have yet to try the hard soaps, as i get such good results with the creams (hard soap texture), i see no need in switching.

i have briar and tangerine (finished a cedarwood/lemondgrass), so next on my purchase list...Key Lime & Green Irish Tweed

8 2,718
 04-02-2012, 08:22 AM
User Info
I've heard that one of the QCS soaps smells like English Fern... which one is it?

12 1,243
 04-02-2012, 01:29 PM
  • sp514
  • Toronto, Canada
User Info
Sounds like a wonderful scent. Another one gets one my "to try" list Biggrin

0 115
 04-09-2012, 08:04 PM
User Info
Agreed this s a fine croap!! I love it!

5 413
 04-09-2012, 10:13 PM
  • seixi
  • Spain
User Info
I've only tried the Celestial Woods cream, I assume the behavior is the same, and it's just great! Really outstanding slickness, great protection, great postshave... A winner!

0 42
 04-10-2012, 07:33 PM
User Info
I have ordered some, and can't wait to try it!!

1 223
 04-11-2012, 12:22 PM
  • Howler
  • A calamophile and vintage razor lover
  • Fort Smith AR
User Info
You guys have have kicked my SAD, to wanting these soaps.

1 3,507