06-15-2016, 10:03 PM
User Info
lush the Greeench deodorant powder

0 19
 06-15-2016, 10:28 PM
User Info
I have been doing alum (heavy application) followed by a Mystic Water powder. Seems to work well.

79 1,297
 06-16-2016, 01:44 AM
User Info
L'Oréal cool power. Superb musk scent (only with cool power) used with kiehls shower gel and their love oil; beautiful.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

0 832
 06-16-2016, 02:05 AM
User Info
Nivea antiperspirant stick neutral followed by Sanex antiperspirant spray neutral followed by Beckham Pour Homme deo spray.

I don't do much in deodorants, much more important is what perfume I'm wearing. Armpits just have to stay odour and sweat free.

24 5,849
 07-28-2016, 08:41 PM
  • TONE_Shaves
  • Wet Shaving Aficionado
  • N. Los Angeles, CA
User Info
I'll put in my mine a bit late:

DRY IDEA ;-)

129 320
 07-28-2016, 09:15 PM
User Info
 07-29-2016, 11:29 AM
  • Johnny
  • MODERATOR EMERITUS
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
I have been enjoying the Speick Spray that I got from BullGoose.

175 23,752
 07-30-2016, 04:19 AM
User Info
I've been using the Crystal deodorant stick with great success during the hot weather this summer.

Clayton

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

0 2
 09-10-2016, 05:31 AM
  • RSP1
  • Western NY
User Info
Irisch Moos - great stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 313
 04-08-2017, 01:37 PM
User Info
Just wanted to mention that I've posted a new cream deodorant on my website - I've been selling it for the last year at my farmer's markets and have been getting email requests from people who've run out, wondering when I'll be back at market because they want more.  The first version was scented with lavandin/lemongrass/patchouli/tea tree, because of the anti-bacterial properties of those particular oils.  I know that there are guys here who associate patchouli with "unwashed hippies" but let me reassure you that in this blend it just comes across as a pleasant, spicy combination.  I've also made an unscented version, and a bergamot/lemongrass/rose geranium blend.  There's just a little bicarbonate of soda in it, augmented with zinc oxide and activated charcoal, along with arrowroot powder and powdered silk, both of which help to absorb moisture and make it non-greasy.  It does not need to be "stirred up", the consistency is firm but malleable.  You scrape up a little with the small plastic paddle that I'll send, and rub it in with your fingertips. 

For the record, I've searched for people who have had irritation before with other "natural" type baking soda based deodorants, and asked them to try it and none of them have experienced irritation with this one, so I'm very happy with it.

0 272
 04-08-2017, 02:16 PM
User Info
Crystal. Use it every day!

147 3,463
 04-08-2017, 02:47 PM
User Info
Mystic Water just added one on her website.

She sent me a sample with my shaving soap order last month.

Love it!

I've been using every day actually. 

It's in a little tub. It doesn't separate like the Razorock stuff does though. No stirring every morning. It does add a minute or two to my routine though to wash my hands after putting it on. Worth it to me.

I just ordered a tub of unscented and the one that has bergamot.

I just noticed she posted above.

7 1,315
 04-08-2017, 03:17 PM
User Info
I'll definitely try this with my next soap order.

Michelle, is there a reason you can't make this, or something similar, in a solid stick?

48 5,727
 04-08-2017, 03:20 PM
  • pbrmhl
  • Seattle
User Info
I've been using Tabac out of the glass spray bottle for months. My sixth bottle is about to bite the dust, so I believe I'll dive into my Sudsy Soapery jars. The Mystic Waters looks intriguing as well...

5 317
 04-08-2017, 04:31 PM
User Info
(04-08-2017, 03:17 PM)TheLegalRazor Wrote: I'll definitely try this with my next soap order.

Michelle, is there a reason you can't make this, or something similar, in a solid stick?

Hmm, good question.  It would work in the cooler months, but in the summer the paste becomes too soft and wouldn't hold it's shape well enough to be molded into a stick.  Adding more beeswax would create too much drag, and I'm trying to avoid some of the ingredients that stick deodorants commonly use.  I was looking for a type of cream deodorant container that I remember from my childhood, a sort of screw-up dispenser that had a few small openings in the rounded top - I don't remember the brand, but it was used before the sticks took over the market.  I haven't found any from my suppliers though, and since it looks like the other "natural" deodorants are commonly sold in jars, that's what I decided to go with.  I would prefer a hands-free application just because it's less messy and would make it more acceptable to a larger number of people, but it looks like I'd have to buy about 10,000 of the containers from AliBaba in order to get them.  Oh well.

0 272
 04-08-2017, 04:36 PM
User Info
(04-08-2017, 04:31 PM)Mystic Water Wrote:
(04-08-2017, 03:17 PM)TheLegalRazor Wrote: I'll definitely try this with my next soap order.

Hmm, good question.  It would work in the cooler months, but in the summer the paste becomes too soft and wouldn't hold it's shape well enough to be molded into a stick.  Adding more beeswax would create too much drag, and I'm trying to avoid some of the ingredients that stick deodorants commonly use.  I was looking for a type of cream deodorant container that I remember from my childhood, a sort of screw-up dispenser that had a few small openings in the rounded top - I don't remember the brand, but it was used before the sticks took over the market.  I haven't found any from my suppliers though, and since it looks like the other "natural" deodorants are commonly sold in jars, that's what I decided to go with.  I would prefer a hands-free application just because it's less messy and would make it more acceptable to a larger number of people, but it looks like I'd have to buy about 10,000 of the containers from AliBaba in order to get them.  Oh well.

Thanks for the explanation Michelle.  I figured there was some practical reason.

48 5,727
 04-08-2017, 05:19 PM
  • pbrmhl
  • Seattle
User Info
I've used several deodorants that come in a jar, and have no issue with them. In fact, I enjoy the mix of my aftershave of the day mixed with the deodorant of the day on my hands.

5 317
 04-09-2017, 03:36 AM
  • Quando
  • Somewhere far-away, from Home
User Info
An alum block is all which is needed.  I use a different one for deodorant than for aftershave, though.

1 567
 04-09-2017, 05:49 AM
User Info
(04-09-2017, 03:36 AM)Quando Wrote: An alum block is all which is needed.  I use a different one for deodorant than for aftershave, though.

Alum works great.  However, some people have an issue with applying a product containing aluminum on their skin.  I don' mean to open up the debate on whether alum is unhealthy, but rather just observing that some prefer not to use it.

48 5,727
 04-10-2017, 08:41 AM
  • Quando
  • Somewhere far-away, from Home
User Info
(04-09-2017, 05:49 AM)TheLegalRazor Wrote:
(04-09-2017, 03:36 AM)Quando Wrote: An alum block is all which is needed.  I use a different one for deodorant than for aftershave, though.

Alum works great.  However, some people have an issue with applying a product containing aluminum on their skin.  I don' mean to open up the debate on whether alum is unhealthy, but rather just observing that some prefer not to use it.

Aluminum is objectively unhealthy. 

Alum is objectively different from "aluminum".   "Aluminum," in this sense, refers to the elemental with the atomic number 13 on the periodic table, and, is a metal.  Potassium Alum is KA1(SO4)2.12H2O, and, contains no metal.  Alas, for the limits of language.

1 567