02-24-2013, 11:35 AM
  • Blue line
  • East Central Alabama
User Info
I shaved yesterday and today with my Parker 65R loaded with a Lord Super Stainless blade. You know, the ones that come in the plastic dispenser(very important later on solving this mystery). I noticed yesterday shaving with LEA Stick and FUME Cool that it sure was taking many more,strokes than usual to get the stubble cut down. No tugging or pulling like with a TREET blade, just lots and lots of passes. This morning I have a little stubble so I use my homemade shave oil which works great for one day growth. Once again, it is taking multiple strokes and passes. Bamboozled I was. I finally got a BBS shave and no irritation I might add. Well, the oil gums the head up a bit so I disassembled it. Yesterday, I only loosened the head to rinse it out well. When I took the head apart and remove the blade, I discover I had accidentally installed TWO, yes TWO blades! No wonder it was shaving "funny". I guess whenever I slid the blade out of the dispenser another piggybacked and was stuck to it. So much so I put both between the top plate and the bottom blade. Tip: when sliding blade out of dispenser, make CERTAIN you only dispense ONE blade. FWIW, the Lords seemed to to very well. I reinstalled ONE blade and will give The Lord a better tryout.

2 334
 02-24-2013, 12:05 PM
User Info
To be fair, Gillette and gang have been telling us for years now that more blades means a better shave... try three next time Tongue

Also, makes me happy I uses the individually wrapped blades - I'm seldom at my sharpest in the morning when I load up my axes.

3 3,580
 02-24-2013, 12:35 PM
  • OldDog23
  • BeanTown MetroWest
User Info
it just takes a little longer for that 2nd blade to break in....Biggrin

0 1,291
 02-24-2013, 01:56 PM
  • Howler
  • A calamophile and vintage razor lover
  • Fort Smith AR
User Info
Thanks for sharing your mystery. You were trying to make the Parker a multiblade wonder huh?

1 3,507
 02-24-2013, 03:02 PM
  • Blue line
  • East Central Alabama
User Info
Not intentionally!

2 334
 02-24-2013, 03:38 PM
  • RobE
  • NY USA
User Info
seems like a good & harmless 'lesson' you needed to learn, that's why it happened.

17 290
 02-26-2013, 06:08 PM
  • savagejoerude
  • If you ain't a LOSER, you ain't livin'!!
  • New Orleans USA
User Info
Try Shave Secret Shave Oil. 5 bucks at wal mart. Only use four drops and go cook an egg in your home made stuff...

5 1,151