02-26-2013, 10:12 AM
User Info
QUICK UPDATE: All brushes but the WSP sold! WSP listed at $60 (was $70)

Hi everyone -

Well, against my better wishes and judgment, I keep compiling brushes, razors, soaps/creams, and aftershave. This post is about the brushes and includes some higher end brushes, some limited editions, and some vintage restores. See the bottom for shipping and the fine print.

(1) Rooney/Truefitt & Hill Silvertip 1/1 in faux Ebony. Dimensions: 22mm knot size/44mm loft. I bought this in January and its a great brush. Its just a little too small for me. It also appears that Rooney is no longer going to be making these for T&H. I bought it from T&H for $79, used for about a month, and therefore I'm selling it for $70. NOW $60. SOLD! Thanks rts9364 and TSN!

(2) Wet Shaving Products Monarch High Mountain White in faux ivory. Dimensions: 23mm/51mm. These caused quite a stir when it was finally revealed that the hair grade is the same as the fabled HMW that Plisson uses (for about 5 times the price!). I bought one of the last few before the price was increased due to the supply. Its super-soft and decent flow-through; not the densest brush on the block, but density isn't always what's needed. I've lathered hard soaps and creams with this brush and it always gets the job done. I bought it for $75 and they now retail for $110. I am selling this one for $70 as well. NOW $60 SOLD!.

(3) Semogue TSN Limited Edition badger/boar mix. No. 47. Dimensions: 22mm/52mm. I'm going to regret selling this one, but I haven't used it in quite a while. There is a tiny chip at the base (can be seen on the top right of 2nd photo). This brush does everything, and has very nice flowthrough. Based on current exchange rates, it appears I was out $50, so that's what I'm asking for: $50. NOW $45 SOLD!

(4) Ever-Ready 300BN butterscotch with TGN Finest knot. Dimensions: 20mm/44mm (best guess). A beautiful real butterscotch handle, with a dense TGN Finest knot. Great smaller brush, can knock out hard soaps very well. The knot was set by Bob Farvour, who does great jobs with these types of restores. I bought this from here in December, but really haven't used it much. I can't figure out exactly how much I bought this for (I purchased it along with an injector for $65 total), so I'm going to aim this one at $30. SOLD! Thanks Dave and TSN!

(5) Ever-Ready 200T blue/white handle with Whipped Dog silvertip knot. Dimensions: 22mm/50mm (best guess). The handle is a gorgeous vintage blue and white; its really what drew me purchase this from Dave here. The knot is soft, nearing toward floppy, but WD knots have great reputations. I just never gave this a chance. I bought it for $20, so I was thinking $18. NOW $15 SOLD!

(6) Omega Pro 10049 boar in red. Dimensions: 28mm/65mm. Everyone should have a go with this brush. Its gigantic but tears through hard soaps, and I actually generated really nice lather with creams with it as well. This is the "barber's brush" i.e. what barbershops in Italy used. And, more importantly, its completely broken in! Its soft and pillowy, with a tiny bit of scritch. You can purchase these new for around $10 exclusive of shipping and you have to get the funk out of it. Therefore I'd like to sell it for $10. SOLD! Thanks Dave and TSN!

Please feel free to comment on my prices in this thread. I accept Paypal and will try to get the post office within the same day.

I will ship any item over $20 via USPS Priority Mail with tracking, and any item under $20 via USPS First Class Mail (no tracking, but feel free to add $1 for tracking). For international buyers, I will have to ship at cost.

Thanks for looking,
Josh

72 1,407
 02-26-2013, 10:34 AM
  • Dave
  • Moderator Emeritus
User Info
I view Josh's BST threads like a miniseries. You know there's going to be 3 parts and you know they're all going to be good. A grand gentleman and a great member to deal with.

116 3,804
 02-26-2013, 11:05 AM
User Info
I like to be entertained by B/S/T posts. Also, every buyer is spending their hard-earned cash, I figure they should get a nice story with it.

72 1,407
 02-26-2013, 11:14 AM
  • tgutc
  • Michigan
User Info
Wow! Very tempting brushes here at great prices.

45 3,955
 02-27-2013, 12:03 PM
User Info
I hate to do this, but BUMP!

72 1,407
 02-27-2013, 03:04 PM
User Info
Jason,
Wish I needed some of you brushes/soap/razors as I am right down the street from you in Concord MA three times a week for my Daughters Hockey practices/games.

Good luck with all your items.

Jeff

5 337
 02-27-2013, 04:37 PM
User Info
Jeff - how old is (are?) your daughter(s)? Our oldest is 4 and she seems to like it whenever we go ice skating.

72 1,407
 02-27-2013, 06:45 PM
User Info
Josh,
My Daughter Stefanie is 12.

She has been Ice Skating for the last five years and is currently playing for three different teams with Assabet being her #1 team.

Assabet shares the rinks with a Ice Skating program called Sharper Edge skating and right before my Daughter's team heads out to practice on the ice Sharper Edge has a learn to skate program with the kids averaging from 3-6 years old.

Not sure if your Daughter would be interested or not but the kids seem to have a great time out there.
Check them out here-
http://sharperedgeskating.com/

5 337
 02-28-2013, 06:52 AM
User Info
Quick updates on price reductions: T&H now $60 (was $70). WSP now $60 (was also $70). Semogue TSN now $45 (was $50). Blue/White Ever-Ready with WD knot now $15 (was $18).

Rooney is now SOLD! Thanks rts9364 and TSN!

72 1,407
 02-28-2013, 03:44 PM
  • ben74
  • Administrator
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
Archived.

91 17,798