02-25-2013, 08:33 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
George Harrison was born , and while Im not a huge Beatle fan , Im a lover of George Harrison music and lyrics.Happy birthday , George and thank you for your wonderful music !!!

86 7,123
 02-25-2013, 09:07 PM
  • Agravic
  • Emeritus
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
May he rest in peace ... a truly exceptional individual and musician.

102 17,670
 02-25-2013, 09:25 PM
User Info
(02-25-2013, 09:07 PM)Agravic Wrote: May he rest in peace ... a truly exceptional individual and musician.

+1 Lovely music!

75 20,883
 02-25-2013, 10:07 PM
  • Harvey
  • North Hills CA
User Info
Wonderful music links...brought back those happy times...music wiseSmileCool

6 1,913
 02-25-2013, 10:21 PM
  • Arcadies
  • Greeneville, TN
User Info
I love The Beatles and Harrison's songs have always been among my favorites, most notably; While My Guitar Gently Weeps, Here Comes the Sun, and Taxman.
I also love his early experimental sitar work on songs like Norwegian Wood and Within You, Without You.

EDIT: Wow, I don't know how I could of forgotten to mention his work with The Traveling Wilbury's..that was a truly legendary collaboration.

31 1,510
 02-25-2013, 10:36 PM
  • Shaun
  • St Peters, NSW, Australia
User Info
A fellow Scouser and a favourite of mine as a lad. I am told I sound a bit like George at times. I think it may have been George who gave me a deepened interest in philosophy (in which I have a higher degree). And what a GREAT guitarist and arts supporter. Who can forget the hand he gave to the Monty Python crew when they made Life of Brian?

0 1,625
 02-26-2013, 07:12 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
George was my second favorite Beatle. I loved his music and his style. They were the best.

173 23,546
 02-26-2013, 08:38 AM
  • freddy
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
I enjoyed the Beatles collectively but wasn't wild about them as individual musicians.

2 11,211
 02-26-2013, 01:08 PM
User Info
While my guitar gently weeps is a favorite of mine - love the back story to it.

The Beatles were in the studio recording it and George just couldn't get the guitar solo down the way he wanted it to sound. It is obvious enough but the guitar solo needed to sound like weeping and he couldn't pull it off. Decided to give his buddy Eric a call to step in and do it right. Clapton declined saying nobody else plays on a Beatles album. They kept at him until he relented. The song weeps the way it ought to.

There is another recording of the two of them on stage that just rocks - looks to be late 1970's and Clapton is feeling no pain on stage. See if you can pick out a couple of other musicians...

6 323
 02-26-2013, 01:28 PM
  • Arcadies
  • Greeneville, TN
User Info
(02-26-2013, 01:08 PM)Captain Capsize Wrote: While my guitar gently weeps is a favorite of mine - love the back story to it.

The Beatles were in the studio recording it and George just couldn't get the guitar solo down the way he wanted it to sound. It is obvious enough but the guitar solo needed to sound like weeping and he couldn't pull it off. Decided to give his buddy Eric a call to step in and do it right. Clapton declined saying nobody else plays on a Beatles album. They kept at him until he relented. The song weeps the way it ought to.

There is another recording of the two of them on stage that just rocks - looks to be late 1970's and Clapton is feeling no pain on stage. See if you can pick out a couple of other musicians...

Very nice performance, all I could make out were George, Ringo and Clapton (of course) Phil Collins, Jeff Lynne and Elton John..the bassist looks familiar but I can't place him.

31 1,510