02-26-2013, 03:24 AM
  • MikekiM
  • Long Island, NY
User Info
Anyone have any intel on when the DLC will be back in stock in Weber Razors store?

Mine is still sequestered at a friends house.. he refuses to give it back until I find one for him. I have a polished head I am going to give a try today, but I would love to find another DLC...

33 914
 02-26-2013, 04:14 AM
  • ben74
  • Administrator
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
I sent an email to Ed with this very question earlier this month and his reply was that they were only currently producing the polished head razors. Although he didn't state categorically that the were no longer going to produce the DLC, IMO it does not look promising (at least for the short term anyway)...

Here's the email:

"Ben,

Thanks for the interest in our razors. We are currently only producing the
polished head razors, but we will email you if we do offer more DLC.

Ed
Weber Razor"

91 17,875
 02-26-2013, 06:41 AM
  • slantman
  • Expert Shaver
  • Leesburg, Florida
User Info
According to any previous posts and contact with Ed it appears at least for now only the polished heads are available.

100 12,448
 02-26-2013, 06:56 AM
User Info
I had one of the early DLC Webers,one of the only razors I've sold that I kind of miss even though I don't shave with DE much anymore,but there was nothing magical about the dull black DLC coating unless you perfer the appearance.I believe the polished stainless steel head to be an improvement all the way around and a steal for the price it's at.If I shaved DE more often I'd own one now.

7 414
 02-26-2013, 07:11 AM
  • Agravic
  • Emeritus
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
I communicated with Ed Weber also, on 30/1/2013, with the same question regarding DLC availability. Based on his response, it appears the DLC will be produced again, however the main focus right now is on the Polished heads.

"Ravi,

Thanks for the continued interest, but we do not expect to have DLC razors for several months (a minimum of 4-6 months until our next batch). We will email you when they are available.

Ed
Weber Razor"

102 17,671
 02-26-2013, 06:56 PM
  • MikekiM
  • Long Island, NY
User Info
I have both.. The polished is an equal to the DLC with regard to shave quality, closeness and comfort but it lacks the velvety stretch the DLC delivers. All things equal, it's worth any extra money or wait.

And it looks cool...

33 914
 02-26-2013, 07:48 PM
User Info
(02-26-2013, 06:56 PM)MikekiM Wrote: I have both.. The polished is an equal to the DLC with regard to shave quality, closeness and comfort but it lacks the velvety stretch the DLC delivers. All things equal, it's worth any extra money or wait.

And it looks cool...

+1

Well worth the wait, just strike quickly once he tweets about them being available again as it is always in small batches and they go quickly.

As others have stated above, Ed mentioned to me that he is concentrating on the polished models at this point but he never said he is stopping all production of DLC razors in the future, even if that means long waits and very small batches.

63 2,128
 02-27-2013, 02:54 AM
  • MikekiM
  • Long Island, NY
User Info
I was able to score the first one.. like a sniper!

The polished found me. I have no complaints about the shave I get from the polished.

33 914