02-26-2013, 10:14 AM
User Info
QUICK UPDATE: ALL ITEMS SOLD!
Hi everyone -

My previous post was about the brushes. This one is about the razors; once again, I have some hard-to-find razors, some popular razors, and some vintage razors. See below for the fine print and for shipping.

(1) iKon Second Generation Bulldog Deluxe. Comes with Open Comb, Straight Bar, and base. OK [deep breath], I'm really going to regret parting with this one, but I just don't use it very much these days. This one does not have a serial number because Greg Kahn had originally held a few back from retail. I contacted him directly and was able to purchase it. I cannot find my records, but I'm pretty sure I bought it in the summer of 2010.

This is many veterans' desert-island razor and has not been available (nor will ever be) for a while now. The OC comb is incredible, about as perfect a balance of mildness and aggressive as possible. Plus I have the straight bar and the base! If you were to get this new, it would cost around $190. Full disclosure: there are about 3 or 4 tiny, tiny water spots on the head that I didn't even notice until I polished it up for the photos. I imagine these could be removed very easily, but I just didn't get the chance. Like above, I cannot find my records, so I don't know how much I bought it for, but I imagine that the fair market value of this razor is $175. SOLD! Thanks mehere and TSN!

(2) Merkur 37C slant bar. A great razor and the slant is not to be feared. I just like my bakelite one better. I bought this new for $45 so I think a good price would be $37 (see the symmetry?!). SOLD! Thanks Poncho and TSN!

(3) Schick Type E Injector with bakelite handle. Shows its age a little, but a great injector razor. Comes with I think five blades. Works great and is nicely aggressive. The bakelite handle is very nice. If you saw my brushes post I purchased this as part of a set so I don't have an exact price, but my best guess: $20. NOW $15. SOLD!

(4) FaTip Grande in Nickel. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the Grande in nickel is as readily available, at least stateside. This is pretty much the same head as the famous Joris razor and just as aggressive. Its in great shape and I would have loved to make this one work, but its just too aggressive for me. I believe I bought it here about a month ago for $23, so I am selling it for $20. SOLD! Thanks PanChango and TSN!

Please feel free to comment on my prices in this thread. I accept Paypal and will try to get the post office within the same day.

I will ship any item over $20 via USPS Priority Mail with tracking, and any item under $20 via USPS First Class Mail (no tracking, but feel free to add $1 for tracking). For international buyers, I will have to ship at cost.

Thanks for looking,
Josh

84 1,505
 02-26-2013, 10:23 AM
User Info
Very nice offerings and a great member to deal with!

5 78
 02-26-2013, 12:19 PM
User Info
Very cordial to deal with and a friendly bump

4 108
 02-26-2013, 12:22 PM
User Info
pm sent on fatip.

18 586
 02-27-2013, 09:26 AM
User Info
Quick update: iKon, slant, and Fatip are now sold! Thank you, buyers, and thank you for looking! The injector is still available!

84 1,505
 02-28-2013, 06:48 AM
User Info
Price on injector is reduced to $15.

84 1,505
 02-28-2013, 10:08 PM
User Info
How do U find blades for the Shick?

0 4
 03-01-2013, 04:01 AM
User Info
(02-28-2013, 10:08 PM)Pangaaz Wrote: How do U find blades for the Shick?

The blades are still readily available as the Schick injector takes "modern" injector blades. They still manufacture them.

You can get blades on Amazon and places like Razors Direct. I'm sure I'm forgetting some obvious vendors but I'm on my phone and near my computer.

84 1,505
 03-01-2013, 04:10 AM
  • Dave
  • Moderator Emeritus
User Info
Check your local grocery store first. There's one near me that stocks them for $5 for 7 blades.

116 3,804
 03-01-2013, 09:37 AM
User Info
Archived

121 13,165