02-27-2013, 02:09 PM
User Info
Personna Medical Prep compared to Personna "Lab Blue"

Can someone who has used one or both of them let me know how they compare to each other or say a feather / polsilver SI?

0 68
 02-27-2013, 02:57 PM
User Info
Having all these blades in my Nook I can offer some feedback on each.

I could not feel any difference between the Personna Med Prep VS the Lab Blue as they both are a sharp, somewhat smooth blade.
I would say they feel very similiar to a Gillette Black or a Perma-Sharp Super.
I like the smoothness of a Personna Red pack more but I wish the Red's were a bit sharper.

The Feather while being the sharpest blade out there are not what I would define as smooth, especially on the first shave.
The second shave was much better for me as the Feathers were still very shap and smoothed out nicely but then came the third shave and there was tugging & pulling.

Now, onto the Pol-Silver SI.
While my all-time favorite blade is the original Super Iridium as I have a large stash I have used the Polsilver SI on several occasions and can say they are a top tier blade.

It is the combination of being sharp/smooth/ and long lasting that makes both of the SI's the blade of choice for me.
I can get 7 fantastic shaves from each of the blades offsetting their higher initial cost.

Hope this helps-

5 337
 02-27-2013, 03:00 PM
User Info
(02-27-2013, 02:57 PM)JCturboT Wrote: Having all these blades in my Nook I can offer some feedback on each.

I could not feel any difference between the Personna Med Prep VS the Lab Blue as they both are a sharp, somewhat smooth blade.
I would say they feel very similiar to a Gillette Black or a Perma-Sharp Super.
I like the smoothness of a Personna Red pack more but I wish the Red's were a bit sharper.

The Feather while being the sharpest blade out there are not what I would define as smooth, especially on the first shave.
The second shave was much better for me as the Feathers were still very shap and smoothed out nicely but then came the third shave and there was tugging & pulling.

Now, onto the Pol-Silver SI.
While my all-time favorite blade is the original Super Iridium as I have a large stash I have used the Polsilver SI on several occasions and can say they are a top tier blade.

It is the combination of being sharp/smooth/ and long lasting that makes both of the SI's the blade of choice for me.
I can get 7 fantastic shaves from each of the blades offsetting their higher initial cost.

Hope this helps-

It does thank you.

0 68
 02-27-2013, 03:05 PM
User Info
Long time Feather user. Tried and liked the Med Preps. Like previous poster I found them a little smoother than Feather although not as sharp. i have just bought some Lab Blue and am on my second blade. The first of which I thought was not as good as the Med Prep but the second blade seems fine and I would say it performs just like the Prep (small sample size though). I can get an easy five days out of all three blades, sometimes a full week (my shaves are typically 3 passes and touch up).

23 212
 02-27-2013, 03:22 PM
User Info
(02-27-2013, 03:05 PM)Moe Wrote: Long time Feather user. Tried and liked the Med Preps. Like previous poster I found them a little smoother than Feather although not as sharp. i have just bought some Lab Blue and am on my second blade. The first of which I thought was not as good as the Med Prep but the second blade seems fine and I would say it performs just like the Prep (small sample size though). I can get an easy five days out of all three blades, sometimes a full week (my shaves are typically 3 passes and touch up).

Great! thanks for the feedback.

0 68
 02-28-2013, 01:05 PM
User Info
Pretty much the same results here.

Med preps=Lab Blue= both are keepers, 7 shaves

Feather DE is incredibly sharp, but not smooth, 2 shaves then junk.

Polsilvers are a keeper, very good blade, 7 shaves

32 6,308
 02-28-2013, 02:56 PM
User Info
My comments correspond to what others have said. I have all the referenced blades in my rotation. Ranking them in order of preference: Super Iridium, Feather, Personna Medical Prep/Labs.
Some are sharper than other while some are smoother. They are all top notch blade and preference on any given day depends in part on the razor, soap, or cream that I will use for the day. I generally get 4 shaves from the Super Iridium and Personna and 3 shaves from the Feather.

0 3,341
 04-02-2013, 10:59 AM
User Info
Personna say that the only difference is that the meds are not oil coated so they can be sterilised.

1 123
 04-03-2013, 08:24 AM
  • Teddyboy
  • Guilty, with an explanation
  • NYC
User Info
Are the Lab Blues the same as the Personna Blues that can be split lengthwise into two separate edges so that each edge individually fits into a barber's handle(I assume)?

1 738
 04-03-2013, 12:58 PM
  • Shaun
  • St Peters, NSW, Australia
User Info
Gillette 7 O'Clock Blue, or Silver Blue. Best. Feathers are sharp, but as Brian says, two (I get three) then they go on strike.

Polsilvers good.

0 1,620
 04-08-2013, 11:58 AM
User Info
The Personna Med & Lab Blues are the same to me.
They are smoother than the Feathers, but not as sharp.
The Super Iridiums are smoother than the Personna Blades, but maybe just a hair not as sharp.

67 349