02-27-2013, 03:26 PM
User Info
With the lack of success finding a Simpson Eagle 3 in Best I am going straight for the heart-

We have yet to meet...
but I know that we are destined to be as one-
You are one of the elite-
After your purchase, I know, I will be done,
The way your curves fit my hand like a glove,
there is no other, for it as you, and you alone I Love.
So please, find your way to me, anyway you can,
for it is you Eagle 3 in Best that I demand.

Please make me stop...

5 337
 02-27-2013, 03:45 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
Jeff :

thats a beautiful composition , maybe you should add some music to it...

But , don't you know that :

-Simpson brushes are not English , as their stickers claim , but made in the Isle of Man , a little Island located between Northen Ireland and England ?

-Since they are brushes 100% handmade there are not two which are the same ,even the measures !. So only the Great Archited of the Universe knows what kind of brush you could finally be getting...

Yeah , I'm sure that you don't care about those two things (me either) , and you are going to keep looking for your Holy Grail of shaving brushes , but at least I tried to convinced you otherwise Rolleyes

Have I told you how much I like mine ? Biggrin If I decide to sell it , I already know whom I will be contacting...Wink And dont despair , I'm positive about you getting the Eagle in best badger.

86 7,123
 02-27-2013, 03:52 PM
  • tgutc
  • Michigan
User Info
Very cool Jeff! Wish I could help though.

45 3,955
 02-27-2013, 07:24 PM
User Info
Tesite,
Good point...Music just might make it more heartfelt Wink

Hoping you are right about obtaining this rare bird for my collection.

Thanks for keeping me in mind too.

(02-27-2013, 03:52 PM)tgutc Wrote: Very cool Jeff! Wish I could help though.

Thanks Travis.

5 337
 02-27-2013, 07:52 PM
User Info
Man, you have it bad!

Nice lines!

32 6,309
 02-27-2013, 09:19 PM
User Info
(02-27-2013, 07:52 PM)ShadowsDad Wrote: Man, you have it bad!
Nice lines!

+1 Beautiful composition and the best WTB ad that i have seen to date! Good luck, Jeff!Smile

75 20,883
 03-01-2013, 09:23 AM
User Info
(02-27-2013, 09:19 PM)celestino Wrote:
(02-27-2013, 07:52 PM)ShadowsDad Wrote: Man, you have it bad!
Nice lines!

+1 Beautiful composition and the best WTB ad that i have seen to date! Good luck, Jeff!Smile

Biggrin
Thanks guys.

5 337
 03-05-2013, 10:08 PM
  • RobE
  • NY USA
User Info
Mistake #1... When you say your prayers, don't limit yourself... You might just receive less than you deserve. Smile ... just sayin'

17 290
 03-06-2013, 04:43 AM
User Info
Remember... Brushes are like flowers. Next season there's alway another to attract you.
(Or was that women?)

5 410
 03-06-2013, 05:28 AM
User Info
Teiste,
You got any pictures of the Eagle in best you could share?
What handle size do you prefer?

Thanks and good luck, JCturboT. There are few things as much fun as a quest!

0 32
 03-06-2013, 07:10 AM
User Info
The Eagle has finally landed, safely in it's new nest-
It's had a long journey, traveling far from the West-
Where will it fit into my rotation? Surely you jest-
So I load up with some MWF for it's maiden lathering test-
It is one of my top brushes, of that which I can quickly attest-
and after all my days of searching, I can finally rest-
and quit bugging all you members, and being such a pest-
So as for now I've come to the end of my quest-
for it is not only the Simpson Eagle but Teiste who are truly the Best!

[Image: Eagle3037_zpse8baf8f3.jpg]

[Image: Eagle3036_zpsc6fa04f4.jpg]

5 337
 03-06-2013, 07:17 AM
  • GWHunter
  • Alleged rookie
  • Central Arkansas
User Info
(03-06-2013, 07:10 AM)JCturboT Wrote: The Eagle has finally landed, safely in it's new nest-
It's had a long journey, traveling far from the West-
Where will it fit into my rotation? Surely you jest-
So I load up with some MWF for it's maiden lathering test-
It is one of my top brushes, of that which I can quickly attest-
and after all my days of searching, I can finally rest-
and quit bugging all you members, and being such a pest-
So as for now I've come to the end of my quest-
for it is not only the Simpson Eagle but Teiste who are truly the Best!

[Image: Eagle3037_zpse8baf8f3.jpg]

[Image: Eagle3036_zpsc6fa04f4.jpg]

Seriously?

I'm just about to place my order for one. Please tell me how you like it. From all of the swooning I'm sure it's a match made in heaven!

5 40
 03-06-2013, 07:21 AM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
Enjoy it , sir.Excellent brush indeed.I can honestly recommend it , but I have way too many brushes right now and this one is very similar in performance to my beloved Duke 3.

86 7,123
 03-06-2013, 02:22 PM
User Info
(03-05-2013, 10:08 PM)RobE Wrote: Mistake #1... When you say your prayers, don't limit yourself... You might just receive less than you deserve. Smile ... just sayin'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l61LjTwME7w

5 337
 03-06-2013, 02:43 PM
User Info
Way overrated. I sold mine and have never missed it. I know, YMMV, but I've never gotten the hype behind this brush.

I don't find the handle very ergonomic - the indentation in the middle makes it a bit hard to hold. Of the Carter-era handles, I ended up preferring the Rover.

12 1,243
 03-06-2013, 02:51 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
(03-06-2013, 02:43 PM)insomniac Wrote: Way overrated. I sold mine and have never missed it. I know, YMMV, but I've never gotten the hype behind this brush.

I don't find the handle very ergonomic - the indentation in the middle makes it a bit hard to hold. Of the Carter-era handles, I ended up preferring the Rover.

Well , is it not the best Simpson brush I have tried so far (that spot belongs to the Simpson Duke 3 in best badger , and I have tried 3 of them so far ) , but it is a nice one , my friend.Of course , IMHO.

Regarding the Rover , I do agree with you , I prefer it too , but not by much.

86 7,123
 03-06-2013, 03:01 PM
User Info
insomniac,
I actually really like the feel of the handle on the Eagle.It is nicely balanced and feels comfortable in my rather large hands.
It is in competition with my Grosvenor LE for best designed handle as of right now.

I have read several posts from owners complaining about it being a lather hog and I don't doubt this fact as it is the most stuffed brush in my collection and flow through might not be this brushes strong suit.

5 337
 03-06-2013, 03:10 PM
User Info
(03-06-2013, 03:01 PM)JCturboT Wrote: insomniac,
I actually really like the feel of the handle on the Eagle.It is nicely balanced and feels comfortable in my rather large hands.
It is in competition with my Grosvenor LE for best designed handle as of right now.

I have read several posts from owners complaining about it being a lather hog and I don't doubt this fact as it is the most stuffed brush in my collection and flow through might not be this brushes strong suit.

Brush handles are in general YMMV. I'm really digging the RV Polo, which feels fantastic in my hands, but I'm sure not everyone would like it.

I did find it to be somewhat of a lather hog but those don't bother me that much. I'm guessing that has more to do with the knot than the handle, but that same knot is probably used on other Simpsons brushes.

When I first got it from a group purchase on another shaving forum, there was a lot of peer pressure to proclaim it the best brush ever made, to the point where one could sell a well-used brush for more than the original purchase price. Thankfully no such pressure exists here! Cool

12 1,243
 03-06-2013, 03:10 PM
User Info
Duke or Eagle ... Duke or Eagle... Confused

Both!! At least in 2 Band...Biggrin

[attachment=12967][attachment=12968]

31 1,554
 03-06-2013, 03:34 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
(03-06-2013, 03:10 PM)insomniac Wrote:
(03-06-2013, 03:01 PM)JCturboT Wrote: insomniac,

Brush handles are in general YMMV. I'm really digging the RV Polo, which feels fantastic in my hands, but I'm sure not everyone would like it.

I did find it to be somewhat of a lather hog but those don't bother me that much. I'm guessing that has more to do with the knot than the handle, but that same knot is probably used on other Simpsons brushes.

When I first got it from a group purchase on another shaving forum, there was a lot of peer pressure to proclaim it the best brush ever made, to the point where one could sell a well-used brush for more than the original purchase price. Thankfully no such pressure exists here! Cool

Im sure that for some guys , the Eagle 3 in best badger is a superb brush , or maybe the best brush ever made (if that could be a reality).For me is a good brush , but the king is still the Duke 3 (so far) when I think about Simpson brushes.

Glad to know that Jeff is truly enjoying it.

86 7,123