02-28-2013, 08:40 PM
User Info
I just received my Straight Razor Designs Kangaroo strop. It took four weeks of waiting. I think they are made in Australia. Not sure.

I also just stropped my Schulz Wednesday straight with the kangaroo. It is truly a smooth sleek strop. It is unlike any other leather I have, camel, horsehide, etc. It looks like a thin rubber-like strip that's very flexible and tough. I have a feeling it's harder to nick or scrape than my other strops.

I have a feeling it will be my favorite strop from now on. Does anyone else use kangaroo and what are your thoughts on it? It seems to have a light draw.

21 1,477
 02-28-2013, 08:59 PM
  • Hanzo
  • Oakland, California
User Info
Poor Roo, but he made a beautiful strop. Nice one there Lindy.Smile

15 541
 02-28-2013, 09:36 PM
User Info
Thanks. I think I've found a strop I don't have to be as careful with.

My next will have to be a Tony Miller Vegan to make up for this one.

21 1,477
 03-01-2013, 04:56 PM
User Info
I'm curious as to the draw on it. The SRD website says it has a medium draw. But I read a thread on either SRP or B&B indicating it has a light draw comparable to horsehide. I like the light draw on horsehide and would be willing to consider a kangaroo if it has a similiar light draw.

37 2,965
 03-01-2013, 05:53 PM
User Info
I have two Walkin' Horse horse butt strops and love the light draw. I've only used the kangaroo once, last night and think it is similar and maybe a hair more draw. I'll let you know the more I try stropping side by side.

I was hoping more people who had the kangaroo would chime in.

Okay, I just did a few laps stropping the horse butt and then the kangaroo. I have treated the horse butt with leather conditioner as it was getting too dried out and rough in spots. That slowed the draw a bit, but still remembering before I ever treated the horsebutt strop, I think the kangaroo and horsebutt are both light draws.

I think the kangaroo may be lighter. It has a unique feel on stropping. Definitely lighter! I really like that.

21 1,477