03-01-2013, 09:48 PM
User Info
Just saw this on Italian Barber's Facebook page news is as follows,

"A little bit of news of y'all...

There is this $40 shaving cream that a few guys were asking me to replicate. We contacted one of our best soap making partners, the only one I believe who could do it; apparently, the result is better than the original and I'll have samples soon.

Stay tuned for our next RazoRock project... code named... "RR king of the CASTLE" :-)

I know you guys are going to ask... two scents in the works, an essential oil of Lime and a very very special Lavender"

Bet you can guess which brand is getting RazoRocked.

2 805
 03-01-2013, 10:04 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
Penhaligons Blenheim Bouquet , yahoooooooo !!!!Tongue242424AaaaaAaaaaAaaaa

Looking forward to try the new RR "Castle" shaving creams , specially the lavender one.

86 7,123
 03-01-2013, 10:08 PM
User Info
First three posts in this thread are from Utah.

I asked Joe about these creams and it looks like they won't be simply re-branded Castle Forbes, but rather inspired by them and "better".

52 476
 03-01-2013, 10:12 PM
User Info
Yep I asked Joe about the new soap he said he had just used a sample of the new soap and "better than fantastic" was what he said.Biggrin

2 805
 03-01-2013, 11:01 PM
User Info
I wonder if it will have the same consistency as Castle Forbes. Waiting for this one is going to be tough.

52 476
 03-02-2013, 12:56 AM
  • tgutc
  • Michigan
User Info
(03-01-2013, 11:01 PM)squatzilla801 Wrote: I wonder if it will have the same consistency as Castle Forbes. Waiting for this one is going to be tough.

That is what I am curios about as well. Castle Forbes is so thick and dense. I'm excited to see how this turns out and RR as always does a great job. I will be amazed if it is better though given how good Castle Forbes is.

45 3,955
 03-02-2013, 01:39 AM
User Info
Joe also mentioned on Facebook that he's working on a soap in a wooden bowl. Wonders never cease . . .

Amigos, what's the word on RazoRock mug soaps, and possibly RazoRock tshirts and/or tanks? Just curious and really looking forward to it. I'll be getting my tax return soon and will be making a healthy order on the site, especially if those items are there.
Like · · January 30 at 7:06pm
Anna Palacios-Jacobson likes this.

Italianbarber.com Hi Ronaldo,

We are working on the soap pucks right now... we have changed them around a bit... they will most likely come in a nice turned wooden bowl, like the Art of Shaving, Trumper and Taylor wooden bowls... it's still a few months away.... haven't had any time to work on swag
January 30 at 7:08pm · Like

0 386
 03-02-2013, 06:38 AM
  • Howler
  • A calamophile and vintage razor lover
  • Fort Smith AR
User Info
Always creating something for the shave world, way to go Joe.

1 3,507
 03-02-2013, 07:33 AM
User Info
Will definitely have to get a pot of both of these creams Smile

22 5,043
 03-02-2013, 09:29 AM
  • ben74
  • Administrator
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
Good news!

91 17,796
 03-04-2013, 12:38 PM
User Info
I hope this isn't one those limited run cream/soaps. I hate falling in love with a RR product only to find out that it will no longer be available.

6 122
 03-04-2013, 01:03 PM
User Info
(03-04-2013, 12:38 PM)jcall1975 Wrote: I hope this isn't one those limited run cream/soaps. I hate falling in love with a RR product only to find out that it will no longer be available.

I feel your pain. I'm down to my last tub of XXX. However, Joe wanted to continue to produce XXX and Cacao, they were not limited runs. In fact, he claimed that XXX was his top seller. They were only discontinued because of problems/objections by the manufacturer. Besides, there are so many RR products from which to chose and enjoy. Also note that besides the new "Castle" creams and the soap in bowl, Joe stated that more Karite (including lime)and La Famiglia/TFS soaps should appear later this year. Even if more soaps were discontinued, I'll probably still have enough RR product for well past the Shavepocalypse.

0 386
 03-04-2013, 02:34 PM
User Info
Given the name, it looks like a Castle Forbes replica...?!?!

2 5,527
 03-04-2013, 03:06 PM
User Info
(03-04-2013, 02:34 PM)oversaturn Wrote: Given the name, it looks like a Castle Forbes replica...?!?!

Wink .............. Thumbup

22 5,043
 03-04-2013, 03:16 PM
User Info
really excited for this. ever since i tried a sample years ago of CF limes i've been wanting to pick up a tub, but have never felt justified in the expense when i have so much other stuff laying around unused. i can justify razorock prices easily though Smile

8 115
 03-04-2013, 03:23 PM
User Info
(03-04-2013, 02:34 PM)oversaturn Wrote: Given the name, it looks like a Castle Forbes replica...?!?!

See post #3 my friend Wink

52 476
 03-04-2013, 06:35 PM
User Info
I'll definitely give it a go on both Castle Forbes inspired creams!

10 605
 03-04-2013, 09:10 PM
User Info
CF is one of the big guns that I have never had much desire to try. Just couldn't get that excited about the scent options. Sounds like the RR ones present the same problem for me.

24 235
 03-05-2013, 07:59 AM
User Info
I mean no offense to Joe, but I wish he'd not try to "copy" existing products (like "king of the castle") or rebrand (TFS), but instead think about creating new products.

I like the Artisan series because it doesn't try to copy what was already out there. I don't think anyone was making a lemon or violent-scented croap before; in fact all croaps (the ones I know of) were almond-scented before Joe, and I think he should be credited for that. I like the idea of creating new products because it creates a better selection and a more vibrant shaving world, so to speak.

As an aside - Castle Forbes is not as expensive as you think it is. My small sample from a PIF lasted over three weeks. By comparison, my entire tub of XXX lasted around five. Think of CF as being like MdC; the initial outlay is costly but the product itself is a value when you consider both the number of shaves and the quality of the product.

CF is on the "short list" of products I would buy once I'm through with going through my products, and I can assure you that so far it is a very short list.

12 1,243
 03-05-2013, 08:31 AM
User Info
(03-05-2013, 07:59 AM)insomniac Wrote: I mean no offense to Joe, but I wish he'd not try to "copy" existing products (like "king of the castle") or rebrand (TFS), but instead think about creating new products.

I like the Artisan series because it doesn't try to copy what was already out there. I don't think anyone was making a lemon or violent-scented croap before; in fact all croaps (the ones I know of) were almond-scented before Joe, and I think he should be credited for that. I like the idea of creating new products because it creates a better selection and a more vibrant shaving world, so to speak.

As an aside - Castle Forbes is not as expensive as you think it is. My small sample from a PIF lasted over three weeks. By comparison, my entire tub of XXX lasted around five. Think of CF as being like MdC; the initial outlay is costly but the product itself is a value when you consider both the number of shaves and the quality of the product.

CF is on the "short list" of products I would buy once I'm through with going through my products, and I can assure you that so far it is a very short list.

I thought the Artisan Series was an homage to P-160 or Cella, just with some different scents. The ingredients and their order certainly are similar. In any event, all the RR products I've tried have been excellent, and often much cheaper than the products from which they were inspired.

0 386