VS
This:

[Image: mpr001_1.jpg]

0 64
 03-02-2013, 03:55 PM
  • tgutc
  • Michigan
User Info
Proraso reformulated their products a little while back but the difference in performance is nothing. They are both great products and impossible to tell the difference between each other.

45 3,955
 03-02-2013, 07:16 PM
User Info
I have a question in regards to this product as a pre shave.

After it is applied, should it be washed off before the lather is applied or should the lather be applied over the top of it?

Thanks so much

0 64
 03-02-2013, 07:24 PM
  • tgutc
  • Michigan
User Info
You could do it either way. Personally I prefer to rinse it off right before I start shaving. I would assume the majority do as well.

45 3,955
 03-02-2013, 09:27 PM
User Info
I leave it on my face and face lather the Proraso green soap right over the top of it. Fantastic menthol effect that way! And no it doesn't effect the lather in the least.

2 805
 03-02-2013, 10:46 PM
  • Striky
  • Reipå, Norway
User Info
(03-02-2013, 09:27 PM)sunflake Wrote: I leave it on my face and face lather the Proraso green soap right over the top of it. Fantastic menthol effect that way! And no it doesn't effect the lather in the least.

+1

7 858
 03-02-2013, 11:06 PM
User Info
(03-02-2013, 09:27 PM)sunflake Wrote: I leave it on my face and face lather the Proraso green soap right over the top of it. Fantastic menthol effect that way! And no it doesn't effect the lather in the least.

+1 ...Proraso or any other soap.

0 89
 03-02-2013, 11:35 PM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
I have both of those containers and I can tell no difference in either. When I do use the product, I wet my face with warm water, put some in the palm of my hand (about the size of an almond), rub my hands together good, then in a circular motion rub it on and into my beard/skin. I then apply whatever lather I choose and shave.

It also makes a great cooling post shave cream. When doing this I rinse my face with very cold water, apply another almond size blob in my palm, rub my hands together good, then rub it into the skin. Leaves the face feeling really fresh and lightly moisturizes the skin.

173 23,499
 03-03-2013, 07:26 AM
User Info
When I used it as a Pre, I applied the pre. Built my lather allowing it to stay on my face. I applied the lather (Proraso Red) over the pre. I had shaved with the Proraso red without the Pre- but I really like how it carried some of the Menthol sensation throughout with the application of the lather. I still got the red scent but the freshness of the menthol was really carried forward. I loved the shave actually.

0 64
 03-03-2013, 11:53 AM
User Info
I only use it as a pre shave.

Just put a dab of it in my hands, and massage in gently into my moist face. Make sure no residue is left of it, then directly apply the lather on top of it.

I can also recommedn the White edition of this - not the same menthol effect, but a surprisingly refreshing effect too....and also very protective against razor burn and nicks and cuts.

I also use the same pre shave cream when I once every week use my canned goo of shaving gel and my Edwin jagger Bulbous/Chatsworth with a Fusion cart head - and still get a very nice razor burn free BBS shave out of that too Smile

If people, who uses canned goo and carts started using products like this - they would come a long way in trying to obtain better quality of shaves with carts and canned goo !

22 5,044
 03-07-2013, 02:05 PM
  • Attila
  • The Hungarian Blade
  • Vancouver, Canada
User Info
The one on top in your picture has no parabens and "less" chemicals than the older formula below. I really can't add much to what everyone has already said above about how it works. All true.

14 870
 03-17-2013, 05:18 PM
User Info

I leave it on my face and face lather the Proraso green soap right over the top of it. Fantastic menthol effect that way! And no it doesn't effect the lather in the least

+1 on this

5 13
 03-18-2013, 06:23 AM
  • TexBilly
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Austin, TX
User Info
For those who go back a few wetshaving years, is this pre-shave more effective than the many, useless (IMO) pre-shaves that streamed onto the market 4-5 years ago? I don't generally have any issues with the effects of my shaves but any extra help is a good thing!

35 2,703
 03-18-2013, 06:21 PM
  • Qhead
  • Cleveland, Ohio
User Info
(03-18-2013, 06:23 AM)TexBilly Wrote: For those who go back a few wetshaving years, is this pre-shave more effective than the many, useless (IMO) pre-shaves that streamed onto the market 4-5 years ago? I don't generally have any issues with the effects of my shaves but any extra help is a good thing!

In my opinion, yes Proraso Pre is more effective than any Pre shave oils I have tried.

15 185
 03-18-2013, 06:28 PM
User Info
I recently picked up a jar of this from Dave. I find that it works better for me than any other PreShave I've used; including soaps & oils.

31 7,912
 03-18-2013, 08:35 PM
User Info
(03-18-2013, 06:23 AM)TexBilly Wrote: For those who go back a few wetshaving years, is this pre-shave more effective than the many, useless (IMO) pre-shaves that streamed onto the market 4-5 years ago? I don't generally have any issues with the effects of my shaves but any extra help is a good thing!

I've used this almost every shave for years and honestly I don't think it really does anything to improve the effectiveness of my shaves, but I use it anyway because of the cooling sensation that remains even when I'm lathering over the top of it. It basically makes any cream or soap feel like it has the cooling sensation of Proraso when used as a pre shave.

8 115
 03-19-2013, 08:50 AM
  • TexBilly
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Austin, TX
User Info
(03-18-2013, 08:35 PM)norm Wrote:

I've used this almost every shave for years and honestly I don't think it really does anything to improve the effectiveness of my shaves, but I use it anyway because of the cooling sensation that remains even when I'm lathering over the top of it. It basically makes any cream or soap feel like it has the cooling sensation of Proraso when used as a pre shave.

Thanks! Even if it doesn't improve the quality of the shave, any added cooling is a good thing in Texas! Undecided

35 2,703