03-02-2013, 04:02 PM
  • MikekiM
  • Long Island, NY
User Info
Seems odd that a company that can do so many things right when it comes to hardware and even OS's..can do things so awful with iTunes.

The UI stinks. It's cluttered. Playlists are so-so. Genius is an intrusion, so I've turned that off.

I have five iDevices and all have issues with connecting and sync'ng. Can't find the device.. Can't complete the back-up... blah blah blah.

I need an alternative.

I doubt anything will interface with the the Store for managing apps...

What a PITA.

[/rant]

33 914
 03-02-2013, 08:27 PM
User Info
Mike, i don't have any electronic devices, but i enjoy listening to SOMA FM, an internet independent station. They do have a few channels to choose from. Good luck. i still have a turntable from 1981 and LPs! Hee hee.

75 20,883
 03-02-2013, 09:00 PM
User Info
I have an android phone and media monkey works great, here is a plugin for iOs compatibility:

http://www.mediamonkey.com/news/2012/09/...atibility/

I don't have iOs devices so I can't confirm if this works well or not. For music purchasing I use amazon, but for apps I don't think you'll be able to get away from itunes.

15 222
 03-03-2013, 05:51 AM
  • MikekiM
  • Long Island, NY
User Info
Thanks all..

I rarely use iTunes to listen/watch media locally.

With numerous iDevices in the house, it's more about keeping things like playlists and apps sync'd.

But I'll check both of your suggestions.. Thanks!

33 914
 03-03-2013, 09:05 AM
  • Arcadies
  • Greeneville, TN
User Info
Another vote for MediaMonkey, but as also stated above, I do not own any apple devices but it works very well with what I have. I've been using it for several years and enjoy it enough to have bought a lifetime license, it is very powerful and can be a bit overwhelming and seem cluttered at first, but everything in the UI can be customized and moved around or even removed, like the media player part of it, you can completely hide it and just use the program as a stand alone media library.

31 1,510
 03-03-2013, 09:07 AM
User Info
Songbird, Spotify for online, amazon /Google for online.

Sent from my Amaze 4G

1 67
 03-04-2013, 08:54 AM
User Info
I've been told of a very good alternative to iTunes is iTools (http://itools.hk/cms/webpage30.htm). It may be worth a try.

Good luck.

0 89
 03-04-2013, 10:09 AM
User Info
If you don't care about owning all the music, I really like Spotify. It's a nice hybrid between Pandora and Itunes. It allows you to upload your own music and also gives you access to music similarly to Itunes and allows you to add that music to your own playlist. You can also search other playlists and follow others peoples music. The downside is that while free for your PC it costs $10/ month to add to a mobile device.

5 938
 03-06-2013, 03:05 AM
  • MikekiM
  • Long Island, NY
User Info
Pandora is a good option for music.. I tried Spotify app a while back and it required a Facebook account.. deleted the app.

I thank you all.

I need to be able to manage all content on all devices, so for now I am locked into iTunes. Fortunate that I was able to get some amazing help from an Apple expert. With his assistance I was able to scrub all the iTunes/Apple applications and it seems things are running smooth again. Good help is hard to find. This kind of amazing help is really rare and greatly appreciated!!

33 914
 03-06-2013, 11:01 AM
User Info
There really is no substitute. Wish there was.

5 298