03-02-2013, 07:07 PM
User Info
Season One.

Thoughts-

David Caruso can actually act a little when he has good writers giving him lines. Leaving this show was the worst decision that he ever made. After watching CSI: Miami a few times, I was convinced that he was the worst actor I'd ever seen-now I think that it was evenly split between bad acting and bad writing. Jimmy Smits was a huge improvement, but the show would have done well, even with Caruso.

Amy Brenneman was HOT! She's still a milf, but she is as beautiful as I remember. Sometimes I'll go back and see a show that I used to like, an actress that I used to be into, and say "WTF?" Not here.

Still quite a bit of skin on this show, even by today's standards. Not many shows go beyond this level of nudity on network tv, even today (20 years later).

I'm surprised at the number of central cast members lost after the first season (Caruso, Brenneman, Stringfield), and the show still did so well. The fact that all of them were tied to the Caruso story line made it neat, but 1/2 of the actors listed in the credits left after season one. Boccho was pretty much a writing god at this point in his career, and Jimmy Smits was a significant improvement over Caruso, so I guess that it's not that surprising...

Love the show in 93, still looks good in 2013...

97 615
 03-02-2013, 07:11 PM
  • tgutc
  • Michigan
User Info
Another Police Show you should check out is Southland. I'm a police officer and let me tell you it's the most realistic Cop show out there. The volume of action is obviously ramped up a bit but everything that happens has and does happen to real officers. The way they talk to each other is spot on.

45 3,955
 03-02-2013, 07:23 PM
User Info
(03-02-2013, 07:11 PM)tgutc Wrote: Another Police Show you should check out is Southland. I'm a police officer and let me tell you it's the most realistic Cop show out there. The volume of action is obviously ramped up a bit but everything that happens has and does happen to real officers. The way they talk to each other is spot on.

I'm a big fan of Southland! I can't believe that it hasn't had greater success.
My favorite was definitely The Wire.

97 615
 03-02-2013, 07:34 PM
  • tgutc
  • Michigan
User Info
(03-02-2013, 07:23 PM)mcgils Wrote:
(03-02-2013, 07:11 PM)tgutc Wrote: Another Police Show you should check out is Southland. I'm a police officer and let me tell you it's the most realistic Cop show out there. The volume of action is obviously ramped up a bit but everything that happens has and does happen to real officers. The way they talk to each other is spot on.

I'm a big fan of Southland! I can't believe that it hasn't had greater success.
My favorite was definitely The Wire.

I agree it should be more popular. Maybe because it's so different and real. The Wire was a great show too.

45 3,955
 03-02-2013, 08:33 PM
User Info
Sean, i actually was thinking you were referring to the show Hill Street Blues when i first opened this thread! Hee hee.
Now, that was possibly the best cop show i have ever seen, in my opinion. Great cast, great writing, great acting!

75 20,883
 03-03-2013, 04:15 AM
User Info
(03-02-2013, 08:33 PM)celestino Wrote: Sean, i actually was thinking you were referring to the show Hill Street Blues when i first opened this thread! Hee hee.
Now, that was possibly the best cop show i have ever seen, in my opinion. Great cast, great writing, great acting!

Hill Street Blues was created by Bochco too. It was an excellent show. Caruso had a role, as did Dennis Franz-they were the lead characters actors in his next big show - NYPD Blue.

97 615