04-02-2012, 06:57 PM
User Info
The past couple of Sundays I've shaved at night and skipped the morning shave. The first time it wasn't too bad, I was slightly bothered by some upper-lip stubble the next day, but this week, it was like having terrible 5 o'clock shadow at 10:00. As much as I enjoy sleeping in a few extra minutes on Monday, I don't think I can abide the Sunday night shave anymore.

4 112
 04-02-2012, 07:03 PM
User Info
i do it in the summer, as i cycle to work so have to leave a few minutes earlier.

but i do prefer the morning shave and how smooth i feel the entire day.

8 2,718
 04-02-2012, 08:03 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
For some reason,everytime I shaved at night,I got terrible shaves,and I wonder why...not night shaves for me.

86 7,123
 04-02-2012, 09:12 PM
  • Songwind
  • Soap Slinger & Scuttle Pusher
  • Burnsville, MN
User Info
I can do a night shave only if I go ATG and try for as close to BBS as I can get. Then I'm acceptably smooth well into my work day.

10 1,858
 04-03-2012, 12:15 AM
  • Leon
  • Porto, Portugal
User Info
Been there, done that.

It was nice to shave at the end of the day, to think about how the day went by and to relax and get ready to go to bed.

But I quickly realized that the few minutes that I would spend in bed wasn't comparable to get a comfortable shave to start the day, so I switched back to morning shaver.

4 313
 04-03-2012, 12:33 AM
User Info
I agree with the OP. Shaving at night is very pleasant and relaxing, but by midday I have all that stubble...
So, morning shaver I am. Biggrin

2 5,527
 04-03-2012, 08:09 AM
  • greyhawk
  • Southern California
User Info
My early schedule doesn't allow me to take the time to shave in the morning, so it's weekends/nights for me. I touch up in the car with an electric on the way to work and, although not optimal, it's acceptable...

52 785
 04-03-2012, 08:27 AM
User Info
I can't shave at night. It re-energizes me and wakes me up.

2 697
 04-03-2012, 08:36 PM
User Info
To each their own, but nothing is better than a great shave in the morning to feel refreshed and ready to start the day. In addition, i get to feel how smooth my face is throughout the day! Hehehe!

75 20,883
 04-03-2012, 10:55 PM
  • tgutc
  • Michigan
User Info
Because I work midnights (5PM-5AM) I have to shave at 4PM every day as my job requires me to be cleanly shaven. In retrospct though, 4PM is the morning for me.

45 3,955
 04-04-2012, 07:23 AM
  • Brent
  • Columbus, OH
User Info
I'm a night shaver. Just seems like I can take a bit more time and not feel as rushed. I get very close to BBS and though I'm a bit stubbly in the morning it's not that bad throughout the day and my hair color is a bit lighter so it's not noticable.

I think why it's acceptable to me is that even when I night shave, the stubble at 5pm is actually a bit less than when I shaved in the morning with a cart. Also, since it's more comfortable I tend not to skip any days in between like when I used a cart. Before I'd try to get by shaving twice a week and by the 2nd or 3rd day I started looking like a hobo.

0 353
 04-04-2012, 09:06 AM
User Info
When I first began wet shaving I was a night shaver just so that I could take the time I needed to be careful and not leave myself a bloody mess on the floor. Now that I've gotten more confident with my technique and I can finish in a consistent time I shave in the morning before work. It just helps to start off the day feeling good and awake.

2 43
 04-05-2012, 07:15 PM
  • PDB
User Info
(04-04-2012, 09:06 AM)EagleDuck Wrote: When I first began wet shaving I was a night shaver just so that I could take the time I needed to be careful and not leave myself a bloody mess on the floor. Now that I've gotten more confident with my technique and I can finish in a consistent time I shave in the morning before work. It just helps to start off the day feeling good and awake.

+1 That sums up my experience better that I could have.

0 31
 04-06-2012, 08:46 AM
User Info
I enjoy evening shaves, but I still need a touch-up in the morning, or else I look like I haven't shaved by midday. Plus the morning shave is a nice wake up, head and face massaged with the brush and warm lather.

0 103
 04-06-2012, 11:05 AM
  • seixi
  • Spain
User Info
Same thing for me, worse shaves and shadow next day afternoon Sad

0 42
 04-06-2012, 11:21 AM
User Info
I rarely have shaved at night. For me shaving is a ritual to start the day in a very good mood! Biggrin

0 81
 04-06-2012, 07:35 PM
User Info
When I switched from cartridges to DE/SE shaving, I quickly also went from morning to night shaving.

It's a big deal for me to start my morning with a nice leisurely breakfast, spend some time with my family (if they haven't left yet), and then get ready for work. I don't like to be rushed about it at all.

With cartridges, I could and would just fly through the morning shave. This allowed me the time to take my time with the rest of my morning routine.

With DE/SE shaving, I'm slower. So slow at this point that keeping it as part of my morning routine would mean that I would either have to rush everything else or get up earlier, neither of which I want to do. By moving my shave to nighttime, I can start my morning slowly *and* bring the evening to a close with a nice leisurely shave that doesn't need to be rushed for whatever comes afterwards.

- Mark

0 48
 04-26-2012, 12:16 PM
User Info
I guess I just shave when I find the time. I like to run, so if I have gone out and gotten sweaty, I will shower and shave in the evening. If not, I will get up early and do the routine. I get up at 5 am for work, so it does help me to wake up. Also, if I am getting to spend some quality time with the wife, it always helps to be clean shaven and smell nice... so evening it is!

0 33
 04-26-2012, 12:53 PM
  • EHV
  • Milford,PA
User Info
I'm another one that has to shave at night because of being up so early. Out the door by 5am or so and also in too much of a rush to get out that door.

6 905
 04-26-2012, 01:31 PM
User Info
I usually shave in the mornings, but while traveling and staying in hotels I shave at night. The wife appreciates a little more sleep in the morning while on vacation, and it lets the brush dry out prior to packing up.

eric.

6 132