03-03-2013, 10:01 AM
  • seanusa
  • Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?
  • Oregon, USA
User Info
I have a Gillette Knack in the mail headed my way soon. The one I'm getting is a 1968 and the seller has used it twice and said because of its condition it could be the only two times its ever been used. It comes in the case with instructions and maybe a pack of blades but not sure. My question is more about how this razor shaves and performs. It is going to be a gift to my wife who recently got into DE shaving with a Parker 29L, which seems to be a copy of the Lady Gillette. The Parker was poor quality and I had to realign the silo doors and it still seems to have uneven blade reveal. Hence the Gillette Knack. I have a 1970 super adjustable and think its a quality piece and hope this is too. Any info would be great.

0 7
 03-03-2013, 11:02 AM
  • TexBilly
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Austin, TX
User Info
It's been a while since I owned one but the Knack is a nice, mild shaver and I personally thought it was a better performer than the SuperSpeed, although that's been debated considering its relationship to that razor. Please do post pics and share your impressions. Well done!l

35 2,703
 03-03-2013, 04:52 PM
  • MikekiM
  • Long Island, NY
User Info
I have a Twist, which I believe is the domestic sister of the Knack.. but mine is a BRW conversion.. Cooncat removed the cheak plastic handle and installed a killer Bull Mastiff Deluxe.

It's too mild for my liking..and I've been meaning to list it in the BST. Very SuperSpeed-ish. The few times I used I used it, I shimmed the blade. Nice and smooth and a clean DFS.

33 914
 03-03-2013, 05:15 PM
  • Grumpy
  • DisneyLand
User Info
I am going to have to see if I have one of those lying around.

But, I don't really like plastic handles. (However, for the record ... While I do not like plastic handles ... I have to pretend that Bakelite is not plastic.)

I do have one Women's Safety Razor ... a Pretty Blue one with Little Stars.

1 819
 03-04-2013, 03:08 AM
  • MikekiM
  • Long Island, NY
User Info
(03-03-2013, 05:15 PM)Grumpy Wrote: ...I do have one Women's Safety Razor ... a Pretty Blue one with Little Stars.

Fairly similar shave from both the Lady Gillette and the Twist/Knack.

33 914