03-03-2013, 11:01 AM
  • vferdman
  • Artisan
  • Western Massachusetts
User Info
I have bought a lot of razors for one razor. I am selling the others as I already tried the same one or not interested in trying (yet). All razors have been cleaned superficially only using the following process.
  1. soak in Scrubbing Bubbles
  2. scrub with an old toothbrush and toothpaste
  3. polish with Flitz
  4. final wash with baking soda/soap paste
  5. rinse, dry and buff with a clean dry towel
Prices include shipping via first class mail in CONUS. If Priority Mail + tracking is required additional charges will apply. Payment via PayPal Personal. Will consider shipping outside CONUS at buyer's expense. If two items are sold to the same address I'll knock $2 off the total. If all three are sold together I'll take $30.
--SOLD-- First is 40's style Gillette Super Speed with the date code of W4 (end of 1951). It has an aluminum handle with a black TTO knob. The razor looks unused as I have not had to clean any soap scum from it at all. It does have some corrosion from storage, but very minor. The operation is absolutely perfect and smooth. The plating is very shiny on the head save for tiny corrosion marks inside and outside on one of the doors. The handle has a spot in the knurling that did not clean out with my superficial cleaning process. Asking $15.

--SOLD pending payment -- Second is a Gillette Tech with no date code. The handle is a ball end kind that I have not seen before. It feels solid and is a one piece handle with no cracks of any kind. The top plate has corrosion, but has come out very shiny around the flea bites. Not a beauty queen, but a functional razor. Asking $8.

--SOLD-- Third is an SE GEM razor. I have never used an SE of any kind and as of now am not really interested (yet). I know very little about these, so please let me know if anything needs to be added to the description. It is a push button kind. You push the button away from you to close it and push the button towards you to open it. Very simple. The top of the cap is very shiny and is in good shape. The handle has some corrosion on the nameplate, but nothing terrible. All in all a good piece of gear and appears to be functioning as it should. I played around with opening and closing it, which is a bit addictive. It works great. Asking $12.

[Image: QD4JLkR.jpg]

[Image: WFjPaJI.jpg]

[Image: GWyRa68.jpg]

[Image: BT8VZqQ.jpg]

[Image: u8cfEic.jpg]

25 1,705
 03-03-2013, 11:06 AM
  • TexBilly
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Austin, TX
User Info
Each very good razors. Thanks for offering and good luck!

35 2,703
 04-20-2013, 08:14 AM
  • vferdman
  • Artisan
  • Western Massachusetts
User Info
All sold, please archive.

25 1,705
 04-27-2013, 05:10 AM
  • ben74
  • Administrator
  • Perth, Australia