04-03-2012, 01:18 AM
User Info
what's everyone drink?

when I do drink coffee, I prefer Colombian coffee with some milk and raw sugar.

when I'm working the early shift at work (I normally work nights except for Tuesday morning), I stop into a local convenience store that's on my way into the office and usually try whatever they have as the coffee of the month, which is a coffee from a different country. today happens to be Tuesday and they had coffee from Ethopia. Very tasty indeed, didn't taste too much different from the Colombian I'm used too. A few months ago they had Brazilian coffee as their world coffee of the month. That was also tasty, though stronger than the Colombian I drink.

40 5,830
 04-03-2012, 04:44 AM
User Info
Andrew - that sounds suspiciously like Wawa. Sometimes I get depressed that we don't have any Wawas up in this area, but with the Tastykakes and the soft pretzels, I would probably put on 20 lbs in the first week alone. My wife is from NE Pennslyvania (Richboro) and her folks have a condo in Wildwood, NJ, so one of my singular pleasures of visting my in-laws in either location is getting to Wawa for coffee in the morning. They drink this weird, and very, very weak, Korean instant coffee with tons of sugar, so its a necessity I get to Wawa.

As for me, I love my cup(s) of coffee in the morning; we usually get the bulk whole bean coffees from Trader Joe's. We are trying the Columbian, which is definitely richer and more acidic than the Breakfast blend we had been previously using. Another one of the annoying things about living up here (Boston) is that our "local" coffee is Dunkin' Donuts, which I don't like at all. There's also Starbucks, and that can be good, certainly better than Dunks. There are increasingly more and more local coffee shops downtown, but none of them are on my way to work. Of course, in the 1/4 mile walk to work from the subway there are three Dunks.

72 1,407
 04-03-2012, 04:54 AM
  • gsgo
User Info
After several years with a Faema espresso machine (10 faithful years of service) we went with a Nespresso machine. Easy to use and so much cleaner with good selection of coffees to choose, we miss the old machine but the convenience and consistancy of the Nespresso is a winner for us. My favorite is the Livanto blend while my wife prefers Indriya. Check them out at http://www.nespresso.com

0 11
 04-03-2012, 05:08 AM
User Info
Can't say I am drinking anything fancy, just Starbuck's Pike Place, but man, do I love it! Great way to start the morning.

1 223
 04-03-2012, 05:23 AM
User Info
I'm fortunate to have a local roaster. I place my order with them & then they roast it & drive it to my home for free. I get whole beans & just grind what I need each morning. My current favorite is Tanzanian Peaberry. Great flavor & very smooth. I use cream only & will occasional drink it black.

31 7,912
 04-03-2012, 05:50 AM
User Info
(04-03-2012, 04:44 AM)jpakstis Wrote: Andrew - that sounds suspiciously like Wawa. Sometimes I get depressed that we don't have any Wawas up in this area, but with the Tastykakes and the soft pretzels, I would probably put on 20 lbs in the first week alone. My wife is from NE Pennslyvania (Richboro) and her folks have a condo in Wildwood, NJ, so one of my singular pleasures of visting my in-laws in either location is getting to Wawa for coffee in the morning. They drink this weird, and very, very weak, Korean instant coffee with tons of sugar, so its a necessity I get to Wawa.

As for me, I love my cup(s) of coffee in the morning; we usually get the bulk whole bean coffees from Trader Joe's. We are trying the Columbian, which is definitely richer and more acidic than the Breakfast blend we had been previously using. Another one of the annoying things about living up here (Boston) is that our "local" coffee is Dunkin' Donuts, which I don't like at all. There's also Starbucks, and that can be good, certainly better than Dunks. There are increasingly more and more local coffee shops downtown, but none of them are on my way to work. Of course, in the 1/4 mile walk to work from the subway there are three Dunks.

yep, it's certainly wawa! not only does wawa have that rotational world coffee, but their general selection is very vast and I certainly like that - though I'm usually getting the Colombian or their world coffee of the month.

a coffee I forgot to mention is Vietnamese coffee. talk about some tasty goodness! a friend of mine is from Vietnam and happens to have family back there yet that owns coffee plantations and sends him fresh coffee beans quite often. He gave me some, which I enjoyed very much! It is strong, but has a very sweet taste.

40 5,830
 04-03-2012, 06:10 AM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
I just received a shipment of Peet's coffee courtesy of my brother. So this morning I am drinking Rwanda Lake Kivu which I would describe as a medium dark roast. Very smooth and delicious. On deck and in the hold are Kenya Auction Lot and New Guinea Highlands which will both be new to me.

45 16,335
 04-03-2012, 07:20 AM
  • Sully
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Cedar Park, Texas
User Info
Today I finished the last of my Colombian coffee and tomorrow I'll start on some Ethiopian coffee. I find the Colombian sweeter than I prefer and it has a syrupy finish.

7 1,018
 04-03-2012, 07:33 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Well, it's 10:29 AM CST and we/me are on our second pot of coffee. It is not unusual for us to make 8-10 pots in a day. We love our coffee.

When we both worked we used either Dunkin Donuts Coffee, Caribou Coffee, or a coffee from Minneapolis by the name of Dunn Bros.

Now that we are both retired our good coffee budget is gone, so we drink Hills Bros coffee and buy it at Sam's, four large cans at a time.

173 23,531
 04-03-2012, 07:44 AM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
User Info
(04-03-2012, 07:33 AM)Johnny Wrote: Now that we are both retired our good coffee budget is gone

I now know what to get Johnny for his birthday. Have you had Peet's coffee before Johnny? It will become your new Floid Blue. Cool

45 16,335
 04-03-2012, 07:54 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
(04-03-2012, 07:44 AM)bullgoose Wrote:
(04-03-2012, 07:33 AM)Johnny Wrote: Now that we are both retired our good coffee budget is gone

I now know what to get Johnny for his birthday. Have you had Peet's coffee before Johnny? It will become your new Floid Blue. Cool

Can't say I've ever heard of Peet's before. My new Floid Blue, something my wife can give away that can be discontinued.Smile

173 23,531
 04-03-2012, 07:56 AM
  • Songwind
  • Soap Slinger & Scuttle Pusher
  • Burnsville, MN
User Info
We buy Caribou coffee, usually a medium-to-dark roast, though I've found a few lighter roasts that I like, too.

I've been cold brewing coffee for the last six months or so. I really like the way it turns out.

(04-03-2012, 07:44 AM)bullgoose Wrote: I now know what to get Johnny for his birthday. Have you had Peet's coffee before Johnny? It will become your new Floid Blue. Cool

Coffee aftershave? Tell me more.

10 1,858
 04-03-2012, 08:02 AM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
User Info
(04-03-2012, 07:56 AM)Songwind Wrote: Coffee aftershave? Tell me more.

That would be interesting. I would not mind a coffee shaving cream.

45 16,335
 04-03-2012, 08:12 AM
User Info
My wife and I drink freshly ground and brewed Peets on most mornings, sometimes Starbucks, but we occasionally get locally roasted beans (Seattle Best) at the the nearby Vashon Island shop when we take the ferry across to visit my sisters. And on Sunday mornings we treat ourselves to 100% Kona beans. I'm sure the Kona loses some flavor over time, since we keep the beans in the freezer, but it sure is good, clearly a step above all the others.

184 12,003
 04-03-2012, 08:13 AM
  • Songwind
  • Soap Slinger & Scuttle Pusher
  • Burnsville, MN
User Info
(04-03-2012, 08:02 AM)bullgoose Wrote: That would be interesting. I would not mind a coffee shaving cream.

Mama Bear makes two, Brazillian Coffee EO, and Turkish Mocha.

10 1,858
 04-03-2012, 01:27 PM
User Info
(04-03-2012, 07:33 AM)Johnny Wrote: Well, it's 10:29 AM CST and we/me are on our second pot of coffee. It is not unusual for us to make 8-10 pots in a day. We love our coffee.

When we both worked we used either Dunkin Donuts Coffee, Caribou Coffee, or a coffee from Minneapolis by the name of Dunn Bros.

Now that we are both retired our good coffee budget is gone, so we drink Hills Bros coffee and buy it at Sam's, four large cans at a time.

no wonder why you have over 800 posts already. Biggrin

40 5,830
 04-03-2012, 01:36 PM
  • Harvey
  • North Hills CA
User Info
To make your special coffee even more satisfying buy,borrow or steal a Aerolatte battery powered frother . heat 1/3 cup of skim milk (works best) in the microwave for 35 seconds. Froth up with the device the milk. Hold a spoon to the blend ..pour off some milk ..stir and then scoop up the foam. Top with a sprinkle of cinnamon and voila..you are now a barista supremo !!!!!!!!Rolleyes(you can get these at Bed@Bath also made by Bodum)..not rocket science..basically spin warm milk..turns to steamed milk on the bottom and froth on top)Saved me a fortune at Starbucks,Peets and Coffe Bean) so I can buy more razors .

6 1,913
 04-03-2012, 01:38 PM
  • slantman
  • Expert Shaver
  • Leesburg, Florida
User Info
My wife was sent a Keurig Special Edition coffee machine from the company
as she was selected to be a tester. Along with the machine came all kinds of coffee and tea pods. We also get free monthly refills for a whole year. At the end of the year of testing we get to keep the coffee maker. We also bought a special filter which allows us to use regular coffee or tea. The Keurig makes coffee one cup at a time but its extremely fast. We have tried so many different blends of coffee its mind boggling.

100 12,440
 04-03-2012, 01:41 PM
User Info
I love me some Peets!!

0 77
 04-03-2012, 01:44 PM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
(04-03-2012, 01:27 PM)andrewjs18 Wrote:
(04-03-2012, 07:33 AM)Johnny Wrote: Well, it's 10:29 AM CST and we/me are on our second pot of coffee. It is not unusual for us to make 8-10 pots in a day. We love our coffee.

no wonder why you have over 800 posts already. Biggrin

Eeeeek What's that you say?Biggrin

173 23,531