03-05-2013, 12:48 AM
User Info
First off let me say, almost every Axe product makes me gag, the Rise shower gel *Which is beyond rare to find now* and now this product are the exceptions.

Its a shave gel balm, in the same sense as Afta, but of higher quality. Its packaged as a 3.3oz pump dispenser, its also accompanied by a "Chilled" version which contains menthol, but smells god awful, and I actually like "Modern" scents...

The claim of being "Unscented" isn't quite true it has a coconut scent to it, if you like Bigelow Red, you're going to love this, its less chemical and almost seems higher quality somehow...

The only negative mark I can give is the lack of healing properties, if you bushwack your face, its not much better than most splashes for relieving the discomfort of nicks, or weepers; it does moisturize much better however. I will say this though, it has taken the place of Nivea's Sensitive balm, I find the Axe product to be much better...

Here's an unsized picture of the ingredients, I can't even read them in person, but hey, maybe you can.

0 652
 03-05-2013, 01:40 AM
User Info
We can only hope they make it in that wonderful "Chocolate Fragrance"!!! they had.

5 410
 03-05-2013, 04:45 AM
User Info
I saw that at Wally World a couple weeks ago, and was surprised that the ingredient list didn't look all that bad.

24 235
 03-05-2013, 09:59 AM
User Info
Looks kit would be a decent product that could work in a pinch. I've always felt like the gel aftershave products left my face feeling tacky....How was that with this product?

5 938
 03-05-2013, 12:41 PM
User Info
(03-05-2013, 09:59 AM)BladeDE40 Wrote: Looks kit would be a decent product that could work in a pinch. I've always felt like the gel aftershave products left my face feeling tacky....How was that with this product?

Like I said it works just like Afta, neither is tacky but both don't instantly absorb.

0 652
 03-05-2013, 01:16 PM
User Info
I picked the cooling version up today when I was at Target along with the cooling face wash...looked like it was worth a shot, the ingredients list actually looked halfway decent.

5 938
 03-05-2013, 02:38 PM
User Info
(03-05-2013, 01:16 PM)BladeDE40 Wrote: I picked the cooling version up today when I was at Target along with the cooling face wash...looked like it was worth a shot, the ingredients list actually looked halfway decent.

I hope it works out, I just didn't like the scent of that one.

0 652
 03-05-2013, 08:07 PM
User Info
Not bad...used both products tonight. Very subtle smell compared to their other product line. Both had a modest cooling effect and worked well. The aftershave gel felt nice going on, absorbed fairly well, and calmed the skin well. The moisturization was ok, not super moisturizing, but not dry either. Overall decent products.

5 938