03-05-2013, 06:39 AM
  • Blue line
  • East Central Alabama
User Info
How about a "Blade Trade" Club? Here is how it would work.: Member Joe Schmo would post that he has bought some Derby Extras and some Astra SP's. He would like to try some Acme Platinums and some Unobtanium Blue blades. A member who uses the Acme and Unobtainium blades that has never used Derby's or Astra's would PM Schmo and theft would agree to swap blades(singles or 5-packs or whatever number the agree on). I realize that this might cause vendors a little consternation in loosing blade sample pack sales, BUT I don't think they make that much money selling slips of 5 blades. In fact, they probably wouldn't mind fewer non-bulk blade sales. Lot of work for little profit margin. What better way to share our love of the ART of WETSHAVING and strengthen our brotherhood and sisterhood(we have some ladies out there). All it would cost is one-way shipping which won't be much. Members, Mr. Moderator, what do you think?

2 334
 03-05-2013, 09:12 AM
  • blzrfn
  • Butterscotch Bandit
  • Vancouver USA
User Info
There is already a blade trade thread in the Contest/PIF thread, perhaps moving it here as a sticky would actually get some action going though.

127 2,382
 03-05-2013, 11:37 AM
  • Blue line
  • East Central Alabama
User Info
Great, I didn't think of looking there.
Alan

2 334
 03-05-2013, 08:20 PM
User Info
(03-05-2013, 09:12 AM)blzrfn Wrote: There is already a blade trade thread in the Contest/PIF thread, perhaps moving it here as a sticky would actually get some action going though.

That thread never really got off the ground. Too bad. It's a good idea. I have a bunch of blades leftover from a sampler pack that didn't agree with me, and there are handful of brands I'd still like to try. And I imagine I'm not the only person in that situation.

2 129
 03-05-2013, 08:48 PM
  • Blue line
  • East Central Alabama
User Info
Roswell,
PM me with what you got. All I got are Derby Extras and ASTRA SP's. But if you like ASTRA's or DERBY's why not trade blades you don't like for ones you know you do?
Alan

2 334
 03-06-2013, 05:19 AM
  • slantman
  • Expert Shaver
  • Leesburg, Florida
User Info
Good idea I just moved the blade trade thread over here to "Blades"
Have fun

100 12,442
 03-06-2013, 03:05 PM
  • slantman
  • Expert Shaver
  • Leesburg, Florida
User Info
This thread is closed as we have a new one to take its place. Please enjoy and use the new blade trade thread.

100 12,442