03-05-2013, 11:58 AM
  • freddy
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
I know we are primarily a shaving site but for me what gives this site so much vitality is the diversity of interests of our members. Not only have I ended up getting some great shaving gear, such as my Semogue TSN 2012 LE brush and (thanks to Mike Perry) an incredibly reknotted and repolished Century 4 brush, but Mike's threads on his garden, cooking, and his work for Habitat for Humanity, James's Pipe Parlor (and I don't even smoke!), and the Fountain Pen Talk thread all enlighten and are so interesting because of the knowledge our members bring to these and other subjects. Thank you to all who participate. Smile

2 11,211
 03-05-2013, 12:43 PM
  • TexBilly
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Austin, TX
User Info
Here, Here Freddy!! Thumbup

35 2,703
 03-05-2013, 03:27 PM
User Info
i would have to agree with you, Freddy! We have some amazingly talented folks, here!

75 20,883
 03-05-2013, 04:54 PM
User Info
I get to be a different person on this forum. In real life I'm a prosecutor who can't remember case law and doesn't like to prepare for trial.

Here I'm a swashbuckling rogue who enjoys straight razor shaving (if I ever build up the nerve), butchery, and bay rum!

72 1,407
 03-05-2013, 05:37 PM
User Info
I wish I was not so busy at work and could actually spend time reading a bit more of the reviews and asking more questions. I could participate more in the pipe thread even though I smoke cigars.
The exercise thread is another one I would like to use to get motivated.
The 'whatcha reading' is one I may revive, even though it takes me forever to read a book anymore. I would be interested in what others read.

31 1,800
 03-05-2013, 06:28 PM
  • CRAusmus
  • Going from Texas to Georgia
User Info
There is no measure of the knowledge I gain from visiting this site. I thank all who share that knowledge so freely.

14 1,177
 03-06-2013, 11:52 AM
  • mikeperry
  • St Louis via the UK
User Info
Hi Freddy

If it wasn't for this place (and the friendly people), working from home would be that much more lonely than it already is -- Beta son hasn't developed into a great conversationalist yet Biggrin

Take care, Mike

23 1,872
 03-06-2013, 04:32 PM
  • OldDog23
  • BeanTown MetroWest
User Info
yep, this is a great place to hang out ! Smile

0 1,291
 03-06-2013, 05:25 PM
  • savagejoerude
  • If you ain't a LOSER, you ain't livin'!!
  • New Orleans USA
User Info
Hi Freddy, Not only are we diverse but as I stated in another thread, this site is TOP HEAVY with GENTLEMEN.... You should see the idiots I deal with on a couple of the NFL football sites I belong to...lol... NO Gents there.... Plus we pretty much have free reign to insult each other over there... It gets pretty heated. As long as you take it in stride it's pretty funny. Just some can't stand the heat nor posses the gift of gab, and as such don't last long...lol. This site is TOTALLY the opposite... Our Mods keep it real here.

5 1,151
 03-06-2013, 06:28 PM
  • freddy
User Info
(03-06-2013, 05:25 PM)savagejoerude Wrote: Hi Freddy, Not only are we diverse but as I stated in another thread, this site is TOP HEAVY with GENTLEMEN.... You should see the idiots I deal with on a couple of the NFL football sites I belong to...lol... NO Gents there.... Plus we pretty much have free reign to insult each other over there... It gets pretty heated. As long as you take it in stride it's pretty funny. Just some can't stand the heat nor posses the gift of gab, and as such don't last long...lol. This site is TOTALLY the opposite... Our Mods keep it real here.

Sav, based on what you said, even if I did understand football, I wouldn't last a nanosecond on one of those sites based on your description. 24

2 11,211
 03-06-2013, 06:36 PM
User Info
For me, the thread diversity here makes the participating members "real". Real people with real lives and interesting chat and photos to share. TSN has grown into a great site!

1 345
 03-06-2013, 06:40 PM
  • savagejoerude
  • If you ain't a LOSER, you ain't livin'!!
  • New Orleans USA
User Info
(03-06-2013, 06:28 PM)freddy Wrote:
(03-06-2013, 05:25 PM)savagejoerude Wrote: Hi Freddy, Not only are we diverse but as I stated in another thread, this site is TOP HEAVY with GENTLEMEN.... You should see the idiots I deal with on a couple of the NFL football sites I belong to...lol... NO Gents there.... Plus we pretty much have free reign to insult each other over there... It gets pretty heated. As long as you take it in stride it's pretty funny. Just some can't stand the heat nor posses the gift of gab, and as such don't last long...lol. This site is TOTALLY the opposite... Our Mods keep it real here.

Sav, based on what you said, even if I did understand football, I wouldn't last a nanosecond on one of those sites based on your description. 24

It requires pretty thick skin. Some of us BLEED football. Me Black & Gold. I'm sure the lurkers get a big kick out of it..... Heck I enjoy it myself. But then again I ain't right....Then I come over here and chill....lol

5 1,151
 03-06-2013, 08:41 PM
  • freddy
User Info
(03-06-2013, 06:40 PM)savagejoerude Wrote:
(03-06-2013, 06:28 PM)freddy Wrote:

It requires pretty thick skin. Some of us BLEED football. Me Black & Gold. I'm sure the lurkers get a big kick out of it..... Heck I enjoy it myself. But then again I ain't right....Then I come over here and chill....lol

This is, indeed, a great place to chill. Wink

2 11,211