03-10-2013, 11:10 AM
  • Blue line
  • East Central Alabama
User Info
OK folks, I'm looking for a bowl or container that has a round hole in the top that I can insert a stiff haired shaving brush in to keep saturated with shave oil. The bowl,will,hold my shaving oil in and when I place the brush into the hole, the edge of the opening holds the brush by the handle and the bristles go down into the oil and stays saturated with the oil. To oil up without getting my hands oily I just pull the brush out, scrape excess oil of the brush with the edge of the opening and apply oil to my face with the brush. Anyone know of something that will work out of the gate or can be modified easily?

2 334
 03-10-2013, 12:53 PM
User Info
Find the right punch and make your own hole? That would be my suggestion. Figure out what you need for a hole then google " 1" arch punch" (for example) if you need a 1" hole.

Even a xs size lidded ziploc bowl should work if you make the hole to the size you specify.

But won't the saturated brush have you using too much PSO?

32 6,309
 03-10-2013, 01:06 PM
  • Blue line
  • East Central Alabama
User Info
Never heard of an "arch punch" but I'm about to educate myself. The brush shouldn't be too saturated if II keep the right amount in the bowl where the bristles just touch the oil. Experience will show if my thought process is correct. Ok, in search of an arch punch.

2 334
 03-10-2013, 01:29 PM
  • savagejoerude
  • If you ain't a LOSER, you ain't livin'!!
  • New Orleans USA
User Info
It has been my experience with shave oil that less is more... I use Shave Secret for every shave, and I have a couple others I have used still in my nook. At first I used 1/2 tsp or so. I found out quickly that it left an oily film on my razor, blade and a ring in the sink... Then I started using less and found out it made a big difference. My shaves improved and I didn't have the mess... All you really want to do is give your face an added coating of oil so your blade smoothly rides on the surface of your skin. I have found no more than 4 drops is needed... Try using just a few drops on your next few shaves before you go drilling holes in a container and slather on a crazy amount of oil... BTW I HIGHLY recommend Shave Secret. Available @ Wal Mart for less than $4.00. Please let me know if it works out for you...

Also not to get off topic but I was wondering how your doing? Hope OK... Sav

5 1,151
 03-10-2013, 02:34 PM
  • Blue line
  • East Central Alabama
User Info
Doing fine Mr. Savage. Going back to the Dr. tomorrow and MIGHT get the stitches out. Still having LOTS of phantom or ghost pains. Crazy how I get pains from a foot that's is no longer attached to my body! I' m wanting to use a brush to try and stand up my facial hair. It lays down pretty flat.
I was thinking of a smaller Rubbermaid container. Cut a hole in the lid so that the brush will be held with the oil just below the bristles. A quick shake of the container should slosh a bit of oil onto the brush. When finished, any excess oil not absorbed by the bristles should drip,back down into the bowl.

2 334
 03-10-2013, 04:31 PM
User Info
 03-10-2013, 04:46 PM
  • Blue line
  • East Central Alabama
User Info
Now that is the idea I had in mind. Thanks.

2 334